Confessions

RWMc1

I go off on "media clowns" on here every now and then.

I don't have issues with most media guys, just the constantly negative ones and the trolls from other teams' markets. ( to edm calg etc.)

I like sports media from young guys like Quads to older guys like Donnie.

And honestly, if they can dish it out, they should be able to take it. Sniveling whiners.

Posted (edited)
On 6/28/2024 at 11:21 AM, Psylocke said:

I have an online shopping addiction, too. 

At first glance, it looked like a block of frozen pastry dough lol 

Yeah, I went to the mall today...

I realized that the mall and in-person shopping is not for me. 

Then I got home, and just spent $210.00 online! I bought an Adidas Originals jacket, Adidas Sambas, and three dresses by the Gap. All on Amazon.

I love Amazon so much! 

Alright, I just cancelled some things - the Adidas Originals jacket and Sambas, and a dress. So, overall I bought two dresses! Yeah, $67 something now. 

Edited by brilac
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

15 hours ago, brilac said:

Yeah, I went to the mall today...

I realized that the mall and in-person shopping is not for me. 

Then I got home, and just spent $210.00 online! I bought an Adidas Originals jacket, Adidas Sambas, and three dresses by the Gap. All on Amazon.

I love Amazon so much! 

Alright, I just cancelled some things - the Adidas Originals jacket and Sambas, and a dress. So, overall I bought two dresses! Yeah, $67 something now. 

I did some online shopping, too. It was for nail stamping stuff. They were having a Fourth of July sale and it got me. I'm too embarrassed to disclose how much I spent 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I hate using self checkouts. I really do. The way I see it, instead of me waiting for someone to ring up my order, I'm going to do it myself, then I'M GOING TO FUCKING PAY YOU?!!!! yeah, I don't think so.

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

On 7/5/2024 at 8:22 PM, gwarrior said:

I hate using self checkouts. I really do. The way I see it, instead of me waiting for someone to ring up my order, I'm going to do it myself, then I'M GOING TO FUCKING PAY YOU?!!!! yeah, I don't think so.

The self checkout at superstore in south surrey is the worst, well wal mart is terrible too

I am not lining up behind people with shopping carts worth of item.

Stores purposely have cut down the numbers of cashiers so you have no choice unless you want to waste 30 minutes of your time.

1 hour ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

I am not lining up behind people with shopping carts worth of item.

Stores purposely have cut down the numbers of cashiers so you have no choice unless you want to waste 30 minutes of your time.

I see where you're coming from. But I did a "small" shop on monday. 3 bags of food. $140. I'll be damned if I'm going to ring it up myself and then pay them. Also didn't hurt I was behind 1 person, and the self checkout was down the aisle. But that's really beside the point.

Sometimes I pick the icon for regular broccoli and not organic, when I really have organic. There I said it.

• Haha 4

I confess ~

I don’t like staying in hotels, and I have anxiety even thinking about it.

I have a ticket to see Pulp in San Francisco in September.

The hotels in San Francisco are outrageously priced per night that week. I found a decent hotel for a decent price in Union Square for the night.

I’m hoping prices will go down and the hotel room I booked is refundable. 

I’m thinking about taking a day trip down to San Francisco in August. Maybe walk by and see if I like the hotel. Plus, IKEA opened a few months ago, and there’s a seafood restaurant I like. 

• Huggy Bear 1

So, this is the sickest that I've been since 2020. I've been sick quite a few times since then, but it was usually fairly mild. This time. it's been kicking my butt. My daughter was sicker than usual as well. I might be at the tail end of it, but that's what I thought a week ago.

I was wondering if anyone else who caught the latest variants have been experiencing anger and rage? Even minor things were setting me off. That seems past now thankfully.

• Huggy Bear 1

12 hours ago, RWMc1 said:

I was wondering if anyone else who caught the latest variants have been experiencing anger and rage? Even minor things were setting me off. That seems past now thankfully.

I remember when my massage therapist was working on an area that involved "moving" the liver, she did warn me that "you'll probably feel really cranky and upset about the smallest things in the next few days".  Not sure if @MeanSeanBean can share any insight into it, but my massage therapist wasn't wrong: I had insta-roadrage  for a few days after that session.

Plus also, the liver in traditional chinese medicine regulates anger/irritation, so the upshot of all this is: maybe whatever it was you're fighting (a variant, a different bug, etc.) that it was probably affecting liver function to a slight degree, and now it's eased off from that.

Good luck in your recovery.  I've also heard that whatever it is that's going around now is a real doozy.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

I remember when my massage therapist was working on an area that involved "moving" the liver, she did warn me that "you'll probably feel really cranky and upset about the smallest things in the next few days".  Not sure if @MeanSeanBean can share any insight into it, but my massage therapist wasn't wrong: I had insta-roadrage  for a few days after that session.

Plus also, the liver in traditional chinese medicine regulates anger/irritation, so the upshot of all this is: maybe whatever it was you're fighting (a variant, a different bug, etc.) that it was probably affecting liver function to a slight degree, and now it's eased off from that.

Good luck in your recovery.  I've also heard that whatever it is that's going around now is a real doozy.

Hmm, this isn't my area of expertise. My initial gut response is massage can not affect the functions of internal organs. That being said, you clearly felt there was a response from your body because of the treatment. I would wonder if you still would have had said response of the seed was never planted to start with. 

With that all being said, my background is in sports medicine and I'm very researched biased. Ironically, even after spending my entire adult life in Massage Therapy and teaching it at the college level, I can pretty confidently say we have minimal research that even sports Massage Therapy has any profound effect on the body. Anecdotally we know that can not be true, since a large part of the population see's benefits from Massage, but it's always interesting to think about how much of that is endorphins being released.

There has been some very interesting research on Cortisol coming out, particularly in the last few years. Would be curious to how much that may have been playing a role in your mood. Also, I'm not versed at all in Chinese Medicine, but we know that works on the body in ways Western medicine doesn't even try to explain. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

On 7/9/2024 at 8:55 PM, Bob Long said:

Sometimes I pick the icon for regular broccoli and not organic, when I really have organic. There I said it.

Sometimes I even forget to scan an item, being a cashier never was my calling.... 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

My stomach was having a hard time breaking down food so there definitely might be a liver connection.

I had some cheap coffee that I thought was good but when my taste came back I realized that it was awful. Now I'm considering quitting coffee altogether.

• Huggy Bear 2

Confession I’m not an outdoorsy person or an outdoorsman or whatever…however I do happen to love sitting outside in my backyard getting fresh air where no one bothers me…

I just prefer doing my excercise indoors on the excercise bike and treadmill 

1 hour ago, RWMc1 said:

Now I'm considering quitting coffee altogether.

If you are a heavy caffeine drinker, best to cut back slowly.

Cold turkey can result in headaches.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1