Confessions

RWMc1

3 hours ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

Sometimes I even forget to scan an item, being a cashier never was my calling.... 

When I was a kid I was in Woolworths in Chilliwack with my older sister when I  saw a Vancouver Canucks hockey patch for a buck and change, unfortunately being 11 I had a pocketful of everything but money. After walking a couple of blocks from the store I could resist it no longer and pulled it out of my pocket to admire. My sister saw it and dragged my ass back to the store and turned me in. 

To this day I can’t knowingly do something illegal without my guilty mug giving me away. I look like Sylvester the cat with a mouthful of feathers…

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Gurn said:

If you are a heavy caffeine drinker, best to cut back slowly.

Cold turkey can result in headaches.

I've quit coffee a few times and the headaches were a surprise for me the first time. Now I know what to expect. I drank some Yogi green tea with kombucha this morning to help alleviate the headaches.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, runningback33 said:

Confession I’m not an outdoorsy person or an outdoorsman or whatever…however I do happen to love sitting outside in my backyard getting fresh air where no one bothers me…

I just prefer doing my excercise indoors on the excercise bike and treadmill 

I love sitting in my backyard too. Usually when I am, I've got the smoker hooked up.

• Cheers 1

On 7/11/2024 at 8:52 PM, RWMc1 said:

So, this is the sickest that I've been since 2020. I've been sick quite a few times since then, but it was usually fairly mild. This time. it's been kicking my butt. My daughter was sicker than usual as well. I might be at the tail end of it, but that's what I thought a week ago.

I was wondering if anyone else who caught the latest variants have been experiencing anger and rage? Even minor things were setting me off. That seems past now thankfully.

That was a surprise to me, too. I got Covid while away on holidays and originally put it down to having to get back home, get to PG for an appt regarding eye surgery the day after my late flight and then having wisdom tooth yanked, not sleeping,,,, sprained my ankle stepping into a surveyors hole with a stake in it due to bad eyesight and depth perception (see eye doc appt) but my reactions feel like they're over the top and far more short-fused. Fortunately( or unfortunately! lol) it's been vented mostly on rightwing idiots on Twitter for the most part.... my go-to punching bag to deal with it.

I hadn't considered it was from Covid (also dealing with sluggishness and foggy brain) til now but the timing is right and probably this new variant had some effect. Apparently, (and for the life of me, I can't remember which medical article I was reading) this new variant (Flirt?) has a spike protein mutation making it even more contagious and possibly evading the current vaccines. That makes a lot of sense as apparently we are in a Covid surge at the moment... one that wasn't expected at this time of the summer.

• Huggy Bear 2

21 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

That was a surprise to me, too. I got Covid while away on holidays and originally put it down to having to get back home, get to PG for an appt regarding eye surgery the day after my late flight and then having wisdom tooth yanked, not sleeping,,,, sprained my ankle stepping into a surveyors hole with a stake in it due to bad eyesight and depth perception (see eye doc appt) but my reactions feel like they're over the top and far more short-fused. Fortunately( or unfortunately! lol) it's been vented mostly on rightwing idiots on Twitter for the most part.... my go-to punching bag to deal with it.

I hadn't considered it was from Covid (also dealing with sluggishness and foggy brain) til now but the timing is right and probably this new variant had some effect. Apparently, (and for the life of me, I can't remember which medical article I was reading) this new variant (Flirt?) has a spike protein mutation making it even more contagious and possibly evading the current vaccines. That makes a lot of sense as apparently we are in a Covid surge at the moment... one that wasn't expected at this time of the summer.

I had pretty much every symptom on a list that I found online except vomiting. I had the nausea but not the vomiting thankfully. Extreme fatigue and weird brain stuff. I forgot to drink water a few days ago and only had a cup of coffee until the evening when I tried to catch up but I was dehydrated through the night. I told myself to remember to drink water the next day. I only drank a half a cup of coffee yesterday and forgot to drink water again until after 5 o'clock. I couldn't even tell that I was thirsty. Maybe because of a ridiculously sore throat and lungs.

• Huggy Bear 2

I confess ~ 

I just woke up (1:10pm). It was really nice to sleep in. 

Now I am having my coffee, and will probably go to the street festival today. 

And I will go to the grocery store too. 

Edited by brilac
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, brilac said:

I confess ~ 

I just woke up (1:10pm). It was really nice to sleep in. 

Now I am having my coffee, and will probably go to the street festival today. 

And I will go to the grocery store too. 

Lucky you. At 1:10, I was on my lunch break🤣

12 hours ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

I confess that someone came within inches of giving me my first point on the Celebrity Dead Pool.  :classic_ninja:

I think I had him on my list too. If not, I was at least hoping he’d pass.

• Cheers 2

I bought two pairs of brown boots in the same week...

I forgot I bought the pair on the right. It was a moment of champagne drinking mixed with online shopping. 

Maybe champagne drinking and online shopping do not pair well together. Hmmm

They will be terrific in Fall and Winter! 

IMG_8354.thumb.jpeg.947b2acfe2348ad0f8739424a5343f6f.jpeg

Edited by brilac
  • Cheers 2

Last night I ordered a Kirk McLean signed puck. I don't regret it. He was my hero when I was a kid. He was the reason I wanted to be a goalie. The puck should be here tomorrow and I can't wait.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

The new EA College Football video game is out this week after 10 year absence and I want it but I’m trying to wait til it’s seen a price drop because it’s $89.99 for the Standard edition on PS5/XBox Series X|S

Edited by runningback33
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, runningback33 said:

The new EA College Football video game is out this week after 13 year absence and I want it but I’m trying to wait til it’s seen a price drop because it’s $89.99 for the Standard edition on PS5/XBox Series X|S

I hear you on the price. I usually wait till there is a price drop.

• Cheers 1

On 7/12/2024 at 11:22 AM, Sophomore Jinx said:

Sometimes I even forget to scan an item, being a cashier never was my calling.... 

Be careful. Loss prevention tracks this and simply waits until you reach a certain threshold of stolen money before pursuing charges.

• Haha 1

It's Prime day, I didn't intend to buy anything but I found myself on Amazon's website and went down the rabbit hole of knife blocks

I'm usually not much of an impulsive spender but my partner's mentioned wishing we had better knives in the past so I bought one 

For anyone curious https://www.amazon.ca/imarku-Stainless-Sharpener-Ergonomic-Dishwasher/dp/B0C6QKW4SM/ref=pd_ybh_a_d_sccl_4/138-0593935-3202225?pd_rd_w=k0pGv&content-id=amzn1.sym.26263969-2443-405f-93cd-ce3158ea3965&pf_rd_p=26263969-2443-405f-93cd-ce3158ea3965&pf_rd_r=7T3ZCW0SC92RGM2WC678&pd_rd_wg=6xVBw&pd_rd_r=3b24757f-71db-4a14-b80e-59005957d501&pd_rd_i=B0C6QKW4SM&th=1

I also bought Dave Grohl's biography, but I've been looking at it for a while, I've always been a sucker for a good band/musician biography 

6 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

It's Prime day, I didn't intend to buy anything but I found myself on Amazon's website and went down the rabbit hole of knife blocks

I'm usually not much of an impulsive spender but my partner's mentioned wishing we had better knives in the past so I bought one 

For anyone curious https://www.amazon.ca/imarku-Stainless-Sharpener-Ergonomic-Dishwasher/dp/B0C6QKW4SM/ref=pd_ybh_a_d_sccl_4/138-0593935-3202225?pd_rd_w=k0pGv&content-id=amzn1.sym.26263969-2443-405f-93cd-ce3158ea3965&pf_rd_p=26263969-2443-405f-93cd-ce3158ea3965&pf_rd_r=7T3ZCW0SC92RGM2WC678&pd_rd_wg=6xVBw&pd_rd_r=3b24757f-71db-4a14-b80e-59005957d501&pd_rd_i=B0C6QKW4SM&th=1

I also bought Dave Grohl's biography, but I've been looking at it for a while, I've always been a sucker for a good band/musician biography 

I was on Amazon last night and bought beauty products. I don’t wear a lot of makeup, but I bought this glow lotion, under eye brighter, vitamin c serum, this moisturizer stick, replacement heads for my toothbrush, an eyelash curler, and a few other things. 

12 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I'm considering getting one from a knife store the next time we go to Japan.  The two practical concerns I have are: how will I get it past customs without paying through the nose (I've already decided I'll need to eat the import duties on that), and will I be arrested for travelling with a weapon?  :classic_ninja:

15 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

I'm considering getting one from a knife store the next time we go to Japan.  The two practical concerns I have are: how will I get it past customs without paying through the nose (I've already decided I'll need to eat the import duties on that), and will I be arrested for travelling with a weapon?  :classic_ninja:

Knifewear on main St 

On 7/15/2024 at 5:25 PM, brilac said:

I bought two pairs of brown boots in the same week...

I forgot I bought the pair on the right. It was a moment of champagne drinking mixed with online shopping. 

Maybe champagne drinking and online shopping do not pair well together. Hmmm

They will be terrific in Fall and Winter! 

IMG_8354.thumb.jpeg.947b2acfe2348ad0f8739424a5343f6f.jpeg

Where'd you get the chelsea boots? I might need to buy another pair soon.

2 hours ago, brilac said:

I was on Amazon last night and bought beauty products. I don’t wear a lot of makeup, but I bought this glow lotion, under eye brighter, vitamin c serum, this moisturizer stick, replacement heads for my toothbrush, an eyelash curler, and a few other things. 

For me the only beauty products I'll use is just general skincare stuff, but typically it'll be from Sephora 

It's a funny thing, I've asked men amongst my friends and family if they know anything about skin care, or if they do anything about it, and the answer has almost always been no 

Otherwise I suppose I have a decent collection of cologne that I've been resisting adding to, haha 

2 hours ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Those are good questions tbh

If I ever visit Japan I'd probably try to bring something similar back 

• Cheers 1