Confessions

RWMc1

8 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

If I ever visit Japan I'd probably try to bring something similar back 

I know, right?  Their craftsmanship is unparalleled, and my kitchen knives are absolute shit on the best of days (even after sharpening).  💩

• Huggy Bear 1

3 hours ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

I know, right?  Their craftsmanship is unparalleled, and my kitchen knives are absolute shit on the best of days (even after sharpening).  💩

Sounds like you're due for a Japan trip

• Cheers 1

34 minutes ago, Psylocke said:

Are they good? Maybe I should look into it. 

I like them, they have been pretty responsive with any questions etc. They have a good deal on right now $50/mo for 1 gig speed (https://www.novusnow.ca/internet/). Only issue is you have to be in one of their buildings, they don't do individual homes. We just stream and don't have cable so it's great for us. 

37 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I like them, they have been pretty responsive with any questions etc. They have a good deal on right now $50/mo for 1 gig speed (https://www.novusnow.ca/internet/). Only issue is you have to be in one of their buildings, they don't do individual homes. We just stream and don't have cable so it's great for us. 

Oh, damn, then it sounds like I won't be able to get it. Thanks for the info though! 

34 minutes ago, Jess said:

I’ve been keeping this hidden for months, but I’m slowly starting the process of letting people know the real me more. After many years of hard repression due to a traditional conservative, religious upbringing, I finally began to come to the realization that I’m a trans woman. It’s scary to come out to people about this given the negativity surrounding gender diversity these days, but I’ve seen enough here on CFF to make me hope it’s overall a pretty safe place.

I’ve been transitioning for a few months now and it’s made me so happy. I also went to my first pride event yesterday with some new friends and had an amazing time! I’m more excited for my future than I ever have been. Thanks for being such a great community ❤️

Oh, I also changed my username because it felt too connected to my old name.

Best wishes for this new chapter of your life, may it bring you peace and happiness.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Ok, I gotta ask a question. Who in the actual fuck does shit like this. My sociopath of an aunt asked our great aunt, who is executor of my grandma's estate, for an advance on the inheritance......... who the fuck does that?!!!!

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Jess said:

I’ve been keeping this hidden for months, but I’m slowly starting the process of letting people know the real me more. After many years of hard repression due to a traditional conservative, religious upbringing, I finally began to come to the realization that I’m a trans woman. It’s scary to come out to people about this given the negativity surrounding gender diversity these days, but I’ve seen enough here on CFF to make me hope it’s overall a pretty safe place.

I’ve been transitioning for a few months now and it’s made me so happy. I also went to my first pride event yesterday with some new friends and had an amazing time! I’m more excited for my future than I ever have been. Thanks for being such a great community ❤️

Oh, I also changed my username because it felt too connected to my old name.

hell yea girl! i’m on my 7th month of HRT and while it has its ups and downs, the positives outweigh the negatives. it feels scary but is who you always were and coming to terms and no longer running from it feels so great

before i started HRT, i was in lgbtq+ therapy run by QMUNITY (look them up!) to really understand the 20 years of depression i had because i didn’t know how to come out, who i really was and just hiding from everything 

Edited by Twilight Sparkle
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

hell yea girl! i’m on my 7th month of HRT and while it has its ups and downs, the positives outweigh the negatives. it feels scary but is who you always were and coming to terms and no longer running from it feels so great

before i started HRT, i was in lgbtq+ therapy run by QMUNITY (look them up!) to really understand the 20 years of depression i had because i didn’t know how to come out, who i really was and just hiding from everything 

Thanks haha. On about 3.5 months HRT now and definitely a roller coaster. I actually looked up QMUNITY a while back and joined one of their early Zoom calls and that was one of my first times interacting in a queer community as a queer person myself, haha. Although I'm ready to unfortunately lose a lot of friends and family, I've been busy the past few months making amazing supportive friends, so I don't feel so alone in this journey anymore ❤️

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

43 minutes ago, Jess said:

Thanks haha. On about 3.5 months HRT now and definitely a roller coaster. I actually looked up QMUNITY a while back and joined one of their early Zoom calls and that was one of my first times interacting in a queer community as a queer person myself, haha. Although I'm ready to unfortunately lose a lot of friends and family, I've been busy the past few months making amazing supportive friends, so I don't feel so alone in this journey anymore ❤️

The ones who wouldn’t want to remain your friend because of this aren’t worth holding onto anyway. Same goes for family. Seems like you found a new family anyway. Good for you.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Snoop Hogg said:

The ones who wouldn’t want to remain your friend because of this aren’t worth holding onto anyway. Same goes for family. Seems like you found a new family anyway. Good for you.

Yep, I've already moved on from one close friend who's been pretty openly anti-LGBTQ for the duration of our friendship. Immediate family will be a bit dicey, but I'm pretty close with most of them, so I'm hoping they can accommodate me and my wishes at a minimum level at least. Extended family will be gone, but that's not a huge loss for me, aside from potentially my one local grandma.

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Chickenspear said:

I was wondering who the new mod was.:classic_laugh: Really happy for you, and I understand the hesitation and anxiety. I came out in early September last year at 34 as non-binary, but also said I would likely be going further than that, given some time. People at work were accepting of that, which kind of surprised me, considering some of them have worked with me for 12+ years and know me as someone you wouldn't ever think they'd hear that from. But I felt something was 'off' as long as I can remember, and came to the realization of what it was when I was around 12-13.

A combination of factors (of which I will spare the details and save for a therapist) led me to suppress it for over 2 decades, but the stress at work last summer was beyond anything I have experienced, so over my weekend I made the decision to lift the biggest weight off my back, and have been genuinely happier since then. I haven't started or consulted about HRT yet, but I feel that may be in the cards in the not too distant future, after a good bit of research.

Good luck on your own journey, and thank you to both @Twilight Sparkle and yourself for inspiring me to come out with it here. (Though my sig may have been a giveaway, haha!)💙💚

It's never too late! I definitely hesitated to grab "trans woman" right out of the gate and played with a few other identifiers before I finally just admitted what I really wanted and felt. I too also was very much not someone people would perceive as trans (or any brand of LGBTQ, for that matter) so I've been a bit anxious to come out to more people. People around me are noticing changes though I think, both in my appearance and the way I carry and express myself, so I suspect some people are maybe figuring things out 😆.

If you ever need to talk to someone about things, don't ever hesitate to reach out ❤️

• Like 1