Confessions

RWMc1

Just now, MeanSeanBean said:

Hmmm.. Likely too young for arthritis, but any sort of repetitive strain or last injuries can accelerate the process, so who knows. Probably not though. 

Would lead me to believe it could be referral from your glutes. All 3 of the glute muscles can refer to that area. Would be pretty easy for a physio to muscle check each and try to figure out if there is a weakness in the area.

Everything you've said so far sounds treatable. Just find a good therapist. Keep me updated, eh?

Thanks man,

Will do.

I think I can get mended too. 

That said, i know 3 people that have had the hip replacement surgery around my age. Even though I feel great and in top form. The pain is there, its not going away as fast as it was, and feels even a little worse. So, I want to treat the me of the fufure to the best life I can. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Thanks man,

Will do.

I think I can get mended too. 

That said, i know 3 people that have had the hip replacement surgery around my age. Even though I feel great and in top form. The pain is there, its not going away as fast as it was, and feels even a little worse. So, I want to treat the me of the fufure to the best life I can. 

It's definitely possible it could be degeneration of the AF. We're seeing hip replacements younger and younger these days. We used to push it as long as possible, but we are starting to do them earlier so folks can still rehab it properly.

That being said, even with how far medical science has gotten, it's never as good as your original. 

You got this.

• Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, runningback33 said:

I bought a new video game yesterday ended up costing me $100 after tax, gaming is expensive…I was going to wait for the game to price drop, but it could be a month or two

I hear ya. Hell, I remember a few years back, my buddy was trying to talk me into buying red dead redemption 2. And I was like I don't want to spend $80. We wrapped up the conversation. About 10 minutes later he texted me that it was on sale at best buy for $50. So I bought it. Thinking back on it now, I would have totally paid $80 for that game.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, gwarrior said:

I hear ya. Hell, I remember a few years back, my buddy was trying to talk me into buying red dead redemption 2. And I was like I don't want to spend $80. We wrapped up the conversation. About 10 minutes later he texted me that it was on sale at best buy for $50. So I bought it. Thinking back on it now, I would have totally paid $80 for that game.

Yeah my Xbox is digital only, so I just buy games from my couch lol, I’m surprised I don’t buy more games, but I’m happy if I have 2 or 3 to play..

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, runningback33 said:

I bought a Costco size bag of chips and I don’t like them, I should just throw them out…I should just be eating healthier snacks anyways..

Which ones did you buy?

19 minutes ago, runningback33 said:

11 oz Ruffles queso…got from WA US Costco and they taste terrible and weird texture…never again 

I like those Kettle Brand chips and Cheetos. Those are the best! 

• Cheers 2

39 minutes ago, runningback33 said:

I bought a Costco size bag of chips and I don’t like them, I should just throw them out…I should just be eating healthier snacks anyways..

You can balance it out a bit - eating both healthy foods and not so healthy foods. 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, runningback33 said:

11 oz Ruffles queso…got from WA US Costco and they taste terrible and weird texture…never again 

Never had those. But I'll take your word for it.

• Upvote 1

We buy the Halloween box of chips every year. Every year I down that thing before any grubby kid gets a shot at it.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

Despite my physician having read me the riot act, the other day I snarfed down a "family size" bag of Old Dutch "reduced salt" ripple chips.  I felt sofa king sick the rest of the evening and wanted to hurl that night.  I could've sworn that I'd swear myself off that junk food wagon...

...but ehhh, who am I kidding.  🤷‍♂️  It'll just be like this song...

• Upvote 1

On 7/28/2024 at 10:15 AM, bishopshodan said:

Not yet. Gonna get the dr to see me then off to whatever. 

I am positive that physio will be in my future.

Man you are nailing. it.

I do think my left leg is a bit shorter. i know my left foot is slightly smaller than my right. 

Cement floors and steel stairs are what I walk on. 

They give us Tactical boots...they are the wrong footwear... they are meant for army types, they have thick tread for mud etc...

We need anti-slip, supportive footwear. My Dakota 'work pro' boots I use for personal stuff are way better. 

So, yes to insoles too.

My saddness is that they do need people with my abilities in other areas. I really want to get into 'Records'. I would learn so much and bet I would love it. 

However, I have never worked for a union before. There is plenty of problems between them and mgmt. I feel stuck in limbo just wanting to do some good work. I got into this job to try to help the overall picture, to rehab some badasses to make our world a bit safer.  I find most of the job focus is employees btiching about the mgmt and the mgmt ignoring the employees. That actual focus on corrections is secondary.

If you need to get orthotics, your benefits may cover them, so make sure you look into it.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, runningback33 said:

I don’t really like Doritos. I usually just like plain potato chips(I know boring to most 😆)

LOL I like low sodium plain chips as well, like, Miss Vickie's Unsalted. But I also like some flavoured ones, too. 

• Upvote 1