Confessions

RWMc1

On 8/6/2024 at 11:21 AM, gwarrior said:

Woke up this morning between 4 and 5. Went to roll over and almost screamed in pain. Looked at my left foot, and my big toe was very swollen. Had an idea right away what it was, and it took some doing but was able to get an appointment to see a doctor at the clinic. He told me it's a gout flare up. Gave me a prescription for meds. Now I'm laying in bed waiting for the meds to kick in. For those you you that have never had your, let me tell you one thing. It fucking sucks. Anything you try to do hurts like hell. I don't wish this on anyone.

I used to get gout ALL the time....then suddenly one day it stopped.  So fing painful...especially walking down the stairs on my heel.

• Huggy Bear 1

2 hours ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

I used to get gout ALL the time....then suddenly one day it stopped.  So fing painful...especially walking down the stairs on my heel.

Did you change something in your diet or did it just stop all on it's own?

1 hour ago, Snoop Hogg said:

I can’t believe there’s a Tim Hortons musical.

This is proof marijuana should be recriminalized.

I mean, it could be good...

...after smoking a few joints. 

3 hours ago, Psylocke said:

I mean, it could be good...

...after smoking a few joints. 

I don’t think there’s potent enough weed to make it good.

I’d rather watch Jay & Silent Bob or Harold & Kumar instead.

• Cheers 1

17 hours ago, Snoop Hogg said:

I don’t think there’s potent enough weed to make it good.

I’d rather watch Jay & Silent Bob or Harold & Kumar instead.

Wait, are you dissing Harold & Kumar??? 😱

This is soooooo laughable, it's a bloody tea party. I've yelled so loud and long, I couldn't talk for a couple of days. 

This idiot was gating me so close one time, and I was doing 60k in a 50k zone, he was within a couple of inches of my cars ass end.

I just happened to have a rock in the car, 😎an for just such an occurrence.    The guy could not even form words he was so stoned.

I confess ~

My dentist is wonderful! I have one of my front teeth bonded (due to stress, teeth grinding, chewing gum). The tooth keeps chipping. It chipped a few months ago, and I didn’t want to bother because it was not noticeable. It was a small chip and I didn’t want to schedule an appointment.

Well, I had enough of my cosmetic imperfection and saw the dentist today. I decided to even it out instead of rebonding it. The dentist told me we could bond it if I decided I didn’t like it. 

Edited by brilac

7 hours ago, brilac said:

I confess ~

My dentist is wonderful! I have one of my front teeth bonded (due to stress, teeth grinding, chewing gum). The tooth keeps chipping. It chipped a few months ago, and I didn’t want to bother because it was not noticeable. It was a small chip and I didn’t want to schedule an appointment.

Well, I had enough of my cosmetic imperfection and saw the dentist today. I decided to even it out instead of rebonding it. The dentist told me we could bond it if I decided I didn’t like it. 

I have a chip on one of my central incisors, the result of a basketball landing on my head as a kid.  That chip never got dealt with, and it's now a feature (not a bug). 

As for the brain, it also never got dealt with, and maybe that's why I spend so much time here.  :hurhur:

36 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

It's not her fault but she's been there for years, she knows she was being lazy and decided to be lame.

I meant what i said to her, if everyone does their part, change can happen.

I know that in some cultures, it's a thing to not get involved when it's not directly impacting one's self.  Most likely because of the thought that the subsequent processes and interviews and additional controls and etc etc mean more trouble than just keeping silent and focusing on the job at hand and letting "someone else" take care of it.  It's very prevalent in my culture (Chinese/Asian).  Troublemakers get ostracized - or worse, they get silenced (or made to disappear).

It's sad and unfortunate.  But some people really just don't want to have to deal with the expected problems that come with it.

• ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Saw a dude walk out the in-door of the grocery store just now, full basket had not paid, was pretending to look at the flowers outside. Then he jogged away.

I got the description, went inside and interupted the cashier doing her transaction for a customer.

I quickly explained what I saw...

She said "i didn't see it"

Me: I did, thats why Im telling you

Her: ok ( she went back to her customer)

Me: do you have any protocol for that?

Her: (blank stare , back to customer)

I went and found some Bubly to buy ( ran out of Co2 for my soda stream) and put myself in her line up....

Me: sorry to catch you off gaurd, just hoped you could let a mgr know to get a still frame from you cameras of that guy, for the cops 

Her: she's busy, she cant look right now

Me: not asking her to, make sure you note the time and she can do it later...

Her: (dirty look) It happens more and more these days, thats why our taxes go up!

Me: I hear you, I used to deal with lots of theft in my past jobs  ( LIquor stores) 

Her: do you have a discount points card?

Me: you see, you must make sure you do your due diligence or it will hapen more. Dont let these guys get away with it

Her: I didnt see him, I have to work, what are we supposed to do? easy for you to say, we have to deal with these criminals...

Me: I know, it must be hard. Have a nice day.

That was the closest I have come to pulling out my Corrections ID... I was very close to saying "no, I kind have to deal with criminals at a level you will never know"

I didn't. It's not her fault but she's been there for years, she knows she was being lazy and decided to be lame.

I was once a part of a group called BarWatch. We were able to stop many gangsters from getting into nightclubs DT Van. It was done by all the clubs taking part on making sure these offenders didn't get into any of our establishments by sharing offeneces through a front door id swipe token system. 

You screw up at one club, you dont get into any.

A community can come together and all pitch in. Like a nieghbourhood watch. 

I kinda get her point though. She isn't paid or trained or equipped to confront a potentially angry dude.

My daughter works in retail right now, last thing I want her to do is get beat up over a bar of soap.

Particularly for a company that doesn't care.

• ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Saw a dude walk out the in-door of the grocery store just now, full basket had not paid, was pretending to look at the flowers outside. Then he jogged away.

I got the description, went inside and interupted the cashier doing her transaction for a customer.

I quickly explained what I saw...

She said "i didn't see it"

Me: I did, thats why Im telling you

Her: ok ( she went back to her customer)

Me: do you have any protocol for that?

Her: (blank stare , back to customer)

I went and found some Bubly to buy ( ran out of Co2 for my soda stream) and put myself in her line up....

Me: sorry to catch you off gaurd, just hoped you could let a mgr know to get a still frame from you cameras of that guy, for the cops 

Her: she's busy, she cant look right now

Me: not asking her to, make sure you note the time and she can do it later...

Her: (dirty look) It happens more and more these days, thats why our taxes go up!

Me: I hear you, I used to deal with lots of theft in my past jobs  ( LIquor stores) 

Her: do you have a discount points card?

Me: you see, you must make sure you do your due diligence or it will hapen more. Dont let these guys get away with it

Her: I didnt see him, I have to work, what are we supposed to do? easy for you to say, we have to deal with these criminals...

Me: I know, it must be hard. Have a nice day.

That was the closest I have come to pulling out my Corrections ID... I was very close to saying "no, I kind have to deal with criminals at a level you will never know"

I didn't. It's not her fault but she's been there for years, she knows she was being lazy and decided to be lame.

I was once a part of a group called BarWatch. We were able to stop many gangsters from getting into nightclubs DT Van. It was done by all the clubs taking part on making sure these offenders didn't get into any of our establishments by sharing offeneces through a front door id swipe token system. 

You screw up at one club, you dont get into any.

A community can come together and all pitch in. Like a nieghbourhood watch. 

I think most grocery stores have security on-site, whether it's in an office watching cameras, or a 'secret shopper', like the Fairway I go to (yeah, I see you:classic_tongue:). If he was already outside before he took off, there's no chance security would be able to catch him anyway. Take solace in the fact that he's likely been marked for his next visit.

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I kinda get her point though. She isn't paid or trained or equipped to confront a potentially angry dude.

My daughter works in retail right now, last thing I want her to do is get beat up over a bar of soap.

Particularly for a company that doesn't care.

i hear you.

It was the tude more than anything. Still, pass it on to the mgr, note the time. easy to do. 

11 minutes ago, Chickenspear said:

I think most grocery stores have security on-site, whether it's in an office watching cameras, or a 'secret shopper', like the Fairway I go to (yeah, I see you:classic_tongue:). If he was already outside before he took off, there's no chance security would be able to catch him anyway. Take solace in the fact that he's likely been marked for his next visit.

small town. little shopping area. bank, QF, liquor store + about 4 more little businesses

maybe time for some security though, sad as that is 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

small town. little shopping area. bank, QF, liquor store + about 4 more little businesses

maybe time for some security though, sad as that is 

Oh yeah, Nanoose area right?

• ThereItIs 1

I stopped listening to CFOX because of their obsession with playing Billy Talent to death.

I decided to give it another chance a while back and their new obsession was Mumford & Sons, whom I hate even more.

• Upvote 1

I've worked plenty of retail, the policy with theft was generally to never get between them and the exit, it's better off to leave them alone. Honestly, considering most retail jobs are low/minimum wage it isn't worth the risk anyway. Retail and customer service workers deal with enough crap as is, folks are better off acting their wage.

On one hand, I never really gave a shit, corporations generally account for shrink and they can certainly afford the losses. If someone's stealing food I'm going to generally assume they need it, and if they don't, I still don't really care. I'd rather look the other way on the off chance they need it bad enough to try stealing it than try giving a hand to the corporate bastards. When it comes to locally owned businesses I view it a bit differently, it definitely hurts them more, but it's still not my job to step in. Same deal when it comes to theft that ain't food, not my barrel of monkeys. Smaller local bits can't afford rent a cop security (who really can't do much besides contact the police), but the medium to large corporate businesses/franchises are more likely to be able to. It's unfortunate for smaller businesses, but shrink is an inevitable part of a lot of retail business. 

There will always be folks willing to risk consequences, and it's not as if there isn't a fair bit of money invested in minimizing shrink. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • ThereItIs 2

4 hours ago, Snoop Hogg said:

I stopped listening to CFOX because of their obsession with playing Billy Talent to death.

I decided to give it another chance a while back and their new obsession was Mumford & Sons, whom I hate even more.

Is it a good thing I have no idea who these are? (other than, of course, the legendary C-FOX)