Confessions

RWMc1

57 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

No idea how old you are but(pardon the pun) that isn't shit you should be messing with.

Could be something simple like hemorrhoids hopefully.

For sure. It's probably a result of constipation/straining, but the cancer threat is always scary.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, runningback33 said:

I want to become 100% Vegetarian, currently the only meat I eat is chicken but I think I can do this..

47 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

I’ll tag @bishopshodan for you.

I’m sure he’ll offer you lots of support and encouragement.

Best of luck!

Excellent, saves me the time, so I can write this instead. 🙂

• Cheers 1

47 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

working my way to pescatarian, still eating chicken or turkey once per week but weening off that too. I'll likely stick at fish protein as I don't see the same issues there as with other animals. 

I really like mixing lentils and chickpeas to make veggie burgers (lots of recipes out there), super as a meat replacement, more iron than comes in meat actually.  Maybe that helps you get there. 

I will never give up my BBQ'd steak.

We do eat mostly chicken because for one it's cheaper these days than other meat.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

I will never give up my BBQ'd steak.

its just a personal choice thing for me, I'd never tell anyone what they should eat. 

murderer 

/s

6 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

We do eat mostly chicken because for one it's cheaper these days than other meat.

yeah meat prices are nuts for anything quality now. 

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, runningback33 said:

I want to become 100% Vegetarian, currently the only meat I eat is chicken but I think I can do this..

You can do this.

I was a carnivore for 45 years. I enjoyed the taste of meat a lot. However, I am so happy to have made the commitment. Though I am a health nut, I did it for conscientious reasons. 

It can be hard...but only when you are hungry and feeling lazy. You now have less options and the world will seem against you. It might be difficult to order at restaurants and get ready to be teased by friends and the like. Have a look at the meme thread and you will see a few 'diss the vegetarian' jokes. 

You know what? It's all worth it. I have never felt better. I have been off meat for 4 years now and i will never go back. I feel like a champ, it didn't happend over night but my body started to respond. I hit the gym 6 days a week, i work out harder now than when i was a competitive black belt. All because i have more energy and dont feel weighed down. Speaking of weight...I have gone from dad bod 207lbs to 182lbs of ripped business. I plan to do my first marathon next May, 10 days before I turn 50!

I dont know what type of food you like so i wont dive too far into that but there are some really tasty items out there.

I will give you one idea, I have mentioned these before but I really do find them worth it.

10 types of organic veggies!

https://drpraegers.com/our-food/california-veggie-burgers/

I buy them at costco. They dont taste like burger and I dont use them that way but you could ( they do fall apart). Nuke for a min, then fry on high in coconut oil to get crispy. Add them to wraps, rice, hasbrowns, salads, etc...

I aslo do enjoy some of the fake meat stuff, there's lots out there but I have heard some have crap ingredients. I would recommend in moderation. Oh, I would find a nice tasting protien powder, dont have to take everyday but the quest for protien will be a part of being meat free. 

Anyway, final tip is this...

If you want a bit of chicken or you're stuck at a place that serves you some meat. Don't beat yourself up, the animal is already dead and you can re-start your journey again after the meal. 

Good luck.

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

1000 scallops at a 1000 typewriters still won't give you any ideas. They are dumb, therefore I can eat them. 

Just remember, not to eat Octopus Jim Bob

Their cousins will come and get you when they arrive.

https://blog.padi.com/facts-about-octopuses-that-prove-theyre-aliens/

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, 112 said:

For sure. It's probably a result of constipation/straining, but the cancer threat is always scary.

The darker it is, the further inside you is where it is coming from.

Bright red likely means something near the opening, hemorrhoids or little rips.

As Worms said, please do ask about the colonoscopy. My wife had one a couple years ago. They drugged her up, she was hilarious on the ride home. She said it wasnt a big deal but the prep the night before is a big yucky.

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

The darker it is, the further inside you is where it is coming from.

Bright red likely means something near the opening, hemorrhoids or little rips.

As Worms said, please do ask about the colonoscopy. My wife had one a couple years ago. They drugged her up, she was hilarious on the ride home. She said it wasnt a big deal but the prep the night before is a big yucky.

yes, right about all of that; it's bright red so i do think i'm in the clear from some of the worse possibilities.

i have a doctor's appointment coming up next week, so i'll make sure to inquire. 🙂

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

can I still eat the small ones? 

Hahaha, there was some calamari like little squids in my wifes recent seafood chowder, she gave one to our Valhund, and she LOVED IT, and one to our Corgi who was super SUS about it. The corgi wouldn't give it up, but carried it around the house for two hours, poking it with her paw, nibbling its tiny tentacles and not letting anyone else near it. I lost track of it but it will become apparent where she hid it soon i hope. Likely the valhund got to it and wolfed it down already. So short answer " you can, but do you wanna?"

54 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

My wife had one a couple years ago. They drugged her up, she was hilarious on the ride home. She said it wasnt a big deal but the prep the night before is a big yucky.

My wife had one a couple of years ago as well. The colonoscopy wasn’t bad at all but the prep the night before…well let’s just say yucky did not begin to cover it. Make sure you are well- stocked with cleaning supplies is my best advice. 

• Huggy Bear 1

9 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

My wife had one a couple of years ago as well. The colonoscopy wasn’t bad at all but the prep the night before…well let’s just say yucky did not begin to cover it. Make sure you are well- stocked with cleaning supplies is my best advice. 

I guess I am weird.....the prep was hardly anything for me.  I was expecting the worst.

My wife was amazed lol.

They barely drugged me up until I yelled ouch....don't remember a thing after that.

It was very short also so I was pretty well normal after a few hours.

• Like 1