Confessions

RWMc1

On 10/17/2023 at 2:02 PM, Shift-4 said:

I have already eaten Halloween candy

On 10/31/2023 at 4:40 PM, Shift-4 said:

I bought too much Halloween candy.

Either the little buggers are scoring big at my place or I'm going to be really fat at the end of November.

Probably both.

Update: I'm still eating Halloween candy.

Today is from the work stash though.

Swedish berries. Clearly some strange plants growing in the middle of Scandinavia.

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

Update: I'm still eating Halloween candy.

Today is from the work stash though.

Swedish berries. Clearly some strange plants growing in the middle of Scandinavia.

One of my wife's colleagues asserted that candy is "toxin"... and then proceeded to fill the snack bowl with her leftover halloween candy.  :hurhur:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

One of my wife's colleagues asserted that candy is "toxin"... and then proceeded to fill the snack bowl with her leftover halloween candy.  :hurhur:

Fanning Season 6 GIF

Is this your wife's colleague?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, MattJVD said:

I wrote my CFE for the Chartered Professional Accountant Program in September; it's a grueling 3 day long final exam after 2 years of grad school. Results come out in one week and I am terrified to check them. Writing was such a blur, I can't even remember how good my responses were. I know I need to rip the band-aid off when the results are posted, but it's tempting to keep it as "Schrodinger's Exam" for a while.  

I felt to the same way when checking the last of my university marks.  I still remember that moment, at my brother's, nobody home but me, and the rush of relief when I realized I had passed everything and it was time start the next phase of my life.

Man, I'm stupid. I'm trying to train a guy at doing the meat cutting I do. And while I showed him a step, and waited for him to complete it. I decided to play "5 finger fillet". Like an idiot. Stabbed myself in the thumb. Then told him " I'll be right back, I just need to grab a band aid". When I told him I thought what I did was good idea, he looked at me like I had 3 heads.

• Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 2

13 minutes ago, gwarrior said:

Man, I'm stupid. I'm trying to train a guy at doing the meat cutting I do. And while I showed him a step, and waited for him to complete it. I decided to play "5 finger fillet". Like an idiot. Stabbed myself in the thumb. Then told him " I'll be right back, I just need to grab a band aid". When I told him I thought what I did was good idea, he looked at me like I had 3 heads.

You and Julia Child. :classic_laugh:

“I’m glad in a way this happened…”

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, LionofJudah said:

My hairdresser has gone awol and trying to find a new one is stressful.

Always knew this day would come but I confess I thought I would be well older.

I had a really great hairdresser a few years ago, and then she quit. I thought I could find her at another salon, but no. She is nowhere to be found at the salons. 

I miss her! She cut my hair so well.

10 hours ago, brilac said:

I had a really great hairdresser a few years ago, and then she quit. I thought I could find her at another salon, but no. She is nowhere to be found at the salons. 

I miss her! She cut my hair so well.

Basically same here. She told me she was moving to a new salon. Then covid happened. When it was time to go back i went to the place she told me she was moving to only to not even find a salon lol.

When you find a good hairdresser it's like gold. I could go in and be like "yeah just do your thing" and walk out completely happy with whatever it was she did. Now I'm back to stressing about if im going to even like what I get.

2 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

I cut and dye my wifes hair. Have done it for over 2 decades.

She never goes to any salon for anything.

She's soo blessed. Natural beauty, shes simply stunning. 4 years older than me but I look 10 years older than her.

Therefore, I am soo blessed. 

My wife is 10.5 years younger than me but I look younger than I am.  And act WAY younger than I am lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

I cut and dye my wifes hair. Have done it for over 2 decades.

She never goes to any salon for anything.

She's soo blessed. Natural beauty, shes simply stunning. 4 years older than me but I look 10 years older than her.

Therefore, I am soo blessed. 

1 hour ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

My wife is 10.5 years younger than me but I look younger than I am.  And act WAY younger than I am lol

Well then, if we're going to go there...

My wife is younger than I am and I'm now 165 lbs heavier than her, which coincidentally, 165 lbs was my weight when I first met her.  :hurhur:

• Haha 3

On 11/25/2023 at 2:19 PM, -dlc- said:

My little and only brother is amazing. Super funny/quick witted, artistic, sharpshooter in hunting/pool (anything requiring aim), excellent golfer, top notch avid fisherman, fast pitch pitcher, etc. etc. Basically anything he ever did he was good at (like our Dad).

We live 5 minutes away from each other but hardly ever see each other. Just how it is, we're busy with our own lives. Like any family, we've had our moments/head butts but the underlying theme is "got your back, always". 

Anyhow, he's not much of a Facebooker (always out there in the wild somewhere) but my daughter called to ask what was up with Uncle last night. ??

"He posted about you". He never posts and never ever about me. We hadn't been in touch for a few weeks, so wasn't sure what prompted it. Uh oh, am I in trouble? (thought maybe he was upset over all the Trevor Hanson hate I've been spewing....he's very good friends with his Dad...who even weighed in on his post I'd learn after the fact). 

But no, it was super flattering heart felt stuff. LOL, initially, I thought his wife had hacked his account (she's a beaut).

I called him this morning.....lol "were you drinking last night?".

He said "nope...I was with a friend and he were talking about you. We were flipping through pictures and stuff you'd done".

My heart melted (I actually got teary). My brother's a bit of a rough and tumble outdoorsman so it caught me off guard.

"I'm pretty sure I have the best and coolest sister in the world....prove me wrong!!! She's a little haywire sometimes (blame hockey) but she's so awesome"

We don't share those feelings much, so it's huge for me. Not a confession per se, but wanted to share it. Life's short folks, take time to tell each other important things.

I confess to being Deb’s brother, now that she’s outed me. 

• Haha 2