[PGT] Minnesota @ Vancouver

Chickenspear

4 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Suters injury is another example of how guys certain players can move up the line up and perform well for say the 10 game mark max I'd say but eventually sometimes sooner than that you see why they're usually 4th line in this case. I see the same with Laff. I think he should be bump back down to doing what he does best. For checking on the 4th maybe 3rd line. Not the first. Just need Kuz to get some puck luck. He could easily have 10 goals more this season. I don't really think he's been dogging it that bad, he's always been a positional checker like Erickson was. Doesn't play the body he plays the lines instead. Don't think that's gonna change. Hope he can hustle and get a few goals. But expecting him to for check like Hoglander is a fools hope. Not gonna happen 

My option of course lol

He really is a better third or fourth line guy. I agree, get Kuz going with EP again is my wish, once Suter gets back. It sure would be nice to see a smiling Kuzmenko on the ice. IMO Hoglander has won a top six role with this team, as Tanner Pearson said in Nils first season, he's the real deal.

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

34 minutes ago, Johngould21 said:

He really is a better third or fourth line guy. I agree, get Kuz going with EP again is my wish, once Suter gets back. It sure would be nice to see a smiling Kuzmenko on the ice. IMO Hoglander has won a top six role with this team, as Tanner Pearson said in Nils first season, he's the real deal.

100% Nils was always going to succeed, it's good to see him getting results now. I like PDG but he is a great for checker too, we could really have two solid bottom lines here if Kuz can find the back of the net and push his way back to the top line. Who comes out though Aman? Joshua has been playing great with confidence and stronger.. hard decisions with a fully healthy team. Good problem to have

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

11 hours ago, IBatch said:

Soft.  One dimensional.  Ha ha!   What a beauty.  

Brock and Hog's play this year have been the best of Tocchet's coaching. Tocchet has turned Brock and Hoggy into complete players. To be honest, the previous knock on Brock was legit, I was one of the fans who was okay if PA found a trade partner for him in exchange for the right package of picks and prospects. But I'm happy he's still here, that he's found a new level to his game, and that he's been able to focus on jockey after his father's diagnosis and death made last season so terrible. Now if only Tocc was able to get through consistently to Kuzzy. He looked really good to me last night. It would be nice if they gave him a winger partner with more offensive talent, PDG is an offensive black hole.

1 hour ago, Vancan said:

Meh I don't believe anything since I saw Aaron Rodgers playing on the practice field less than 11 weeks after a Achilles tendon rupture. Just a week to week statement will suffice thanks.

He's second to second? 😄

Can never be wrong.

8 hours ago, Dizzle said:

gonna need more wins like that to stay there. Can’t assume they can score 4-5 every night. Especially against the better teams. 

I think they can do it… gotta bear down! 

more games like that are what we need! 

@stawns was pretty adamant Myers get credit for his achievements in the GDT (and rightly so imo). Wonder if he’s ready to give BB6 a little credit yet…. 

I've never had an issue with boeser, other than his play and his salary.  I'm very happy he's playing well and scoring.  I don't find him overly effective beyond scoring, and he's improved in that area as well, but that's just personal preference.

As a person, I have zero issues with him at all.

I still stand by my previous opinion that I would have moved him and Miller.

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

I've never had an issue with boeser, other than his play and his salary.  I'm very happy he's playing well and scoring.  I don't find him overly effective beyond scoring, and he's improved in that area as well, but that's just personal preference.

As a person, I have zero issues with him at all.

I still stand by my previous opinion that I would have moved him and Miller.

Borser is a key core piece. He’s great on and off the puck. Moving him and Miller, would mean keeping Horfat Wallet. YUK! We’d be saying good bye to Petey and Hughes and end up on another rebuild. 
We have the best core we’ve ever had. It’s way smarter to build out our supporting cast than to trade away key core pieces and rebuild again. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Borser is a key core piece. He’s great on and off the puck. Moving him and Miller, would mean keeping Horfat Wallet. YUK! We’d be saying good bye to Petey and Hughes and end up on another rebuild. 
We have the best core we’ve ever had. It’s way smarter to build out our supporting cast than to trade away key core pieces and rebuild again. 

I'm not shy about my opinion on the core of this team.  There's just something not right there and I think some kind of significant move is going to have to be made.

I think the haul they would have got from moving miller and boeser would have led to an equally solid depth group to what they have now, at the very least, and added to their prospect/pick cupboard.  It would have also moved their window a couple years from the line, which would have been more realistic, imo.

But, it's a moot point now and this is the team and I support them, but I do think they're going to have to make a core move at some point in the somewhat near future.  

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I'm not shy about my opinion on the core of this team.  There's just something not right there and I think some kind of significant move is going to have to be made.

I think the haul they would have got from moving miller and boeser would have led to an equally solid depth group to what they have now, at the very least, and added to their prospect/pick cupboard.  It would have also moved their window a couple years from the line, which would have been more realistic, imo.

But, it's a moot point now and this is the team and I support them, but I do think they're going to have to make a core move at some point in the somewhat near future.  

IMHAO your opinion of our core is wrong. Demko is Double Bubble good. Hughes is clearly a phenom. Hronek is fantastic. Petey and Miller are the best two centre combo. And Boeser is leading the league is goals. There is no core as good as ours. It’s the supporting cast we need to improve. And that’s a heck of a lot easier than finding the superstars pieces we have right now. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

19 hours ago, TheGuardian said:
19 hours ago, TheGuardian said:

With this group, until there is a house cleaning all coaches will likely have the same results. Hot then cold, then warm, then freezing. Allvin/Rutherford are changing this tiger' stripes but it will take a bit more. Tocchet unleashes them once they get behind.

Cole, gods no, too old, but serviceable this year. And good to have around for the youngsters, sort of a playing mentor.

Soucy and Zadorov fit the Rutherford description of trying to give a player a chance. Neither has been offered a steady 3/4 chance.

I would like to see the coach try them on the PP

I wouldn't call him a dirt bag but I do think Kuz might be being set to fail so any trade will be acceptable. The saying "There Is No I in Team" should be what Tocchet preaches. So singling out one or two players could easily been seen as "setting up for failure" Tocchet was also in on the Tampa 2nd tank so he will "do what is best for the franchise". Good orator now. 

They will still have to trade Boeser and Garland. Better to add a sweetener to move them instead.

Kuz, could be nothing wrong with him. It could be to influence the court of public opinion and/or Milstein. 

He should be put on the same line he had last year and see if there is a turn around. Last year Pettersson scored over 100 pts and was in Selke conversations. Now he isn't playing with him and both players seem to be having issues.

There is no way both BB and RT would say they have issues with Kuz play to influence public opinion

I can't believe one would think that and what would the players think if even true 😞

Haven't we all had enough of excuses and players not being accountable?

You say EP had over a 100 pts ,Ep finished 10th, he is currently 7th 

Last year we didn't even make the playoffs

RT would rather see Kuz score 24 goals on a playoff team playing the right way , than 39 on a non playoff team

He even told him not to worry about scoring goals and the system and just stick to the staples

That is on Kuz who has bad habits to change of playing only 1 year in the NHL instead of the bigger ice and float

If a player can't/won't play a team game, that isn't on the coach to let that player do as he pleases

Edited by Ballisticsports
  • ThereItIs 2

1 minute ago, Ballisticsports said:

There is no way both BB and RT would say they have issues with Kuz play to influence public opinion

I can't believe one would think that and what would the players think if even true 😞

Haven't we all had enough of excuses and players not being accountable?

You say EP had over a 100 pts ,Ep finished 10th, he is currently 7th 

Last year we didn't even make the playoffs

RT would rather see Kuz score 24 goals on a playoff team , than 39 on a non playoff team

He even told him not to worry about scoring goals and the system and just stick to the staples

That is on Kuz who has bad habits to change of playing only 1 year in the NHL instead of the bigger ice and float

If a player can't/won't play a team game, that isn't on the coach to let that player do as he pleases

Kuz Missile is a super fun person. Love if he made his permanent home here. Good for our city. But IMHAO we should have traded him last season. Love the person but not a fan of how he plays. IMHAO he’s (not intentionally like Bo) he’s a Hotfat Wallet type player. Bo chose that to steal money on his next contract. For Kuz that’s just who he is. 

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Kuz Missile is a super fun person. Love if he made his permanent home here. Good for our city. But IMHAO we should have traded him last season. Love the person but not a fan of how he plays. IMHAO he’s (not intentionally like Bo) he’s a Hotfat Wallet type player. Bo chose that to steal money on his next contract. For Kuz that’s just who he is. 

You've gone humble?😛

🍻

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

You’d like for him to live in van , just not to be playing for the Canucks?:classic_blink:

16 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yeah Brian Orser is a great skater. Shies away from the rough stuff though. Likes to embellish a lot.

image.png.10dcbcf205af2b8d6527fc5a1c577b00.png

Tonya Harding on the otherhand....Her in her prime with a hockey stick, wow!

Edited by Johngould21
  • Haha 3
  • Cheers 1