[PGT] Minnesota @ Vancouver

Chickenspear

6 hours ago, IBatch said:

Bruce WITH the mustache ... now there is a cup winning coach!  

Still like to know for those who seem to have a button on Tochett.  Of who was available, who would they have liked?  Or if we are to fire him, who would you like (and that's totally insane given our record...that start was 100% on Tochett and his crew). 

Great coaches are pretty hard to find. Bruce Cassidy is the only one that was available in the past few years. Then there’s the issue of whether or not a coach would want to work in Vancouver with our (allegedly) meddlesome owner and hyper critical media. 

I’m happy with Tocchet so far. The ship has left port and is heading in the right direction. You can’t pick another coach off the tree out back, just because this one doesn’t coddle your favourite player. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

IMHAO your opinion of our core is wrong. Demko is Double Bubble good. Hughes is clearly a phenom. Hronek is fantastic. Petey and Miller are the best two centre combo. And Boeser is leading the league is goals. There is no core as good as ours. It’s the supporting cast we need to improve. And that’s a heck of a lot easier than finding the superstars pieces we have right now. 

How can an opinion be wrong?

• Cheers 3

8 hours ago, TheGuardian said:

Benning's losing culture. Edmonton was like this. A decade of losing gets engrained to the marrow. Now Petey, Hughes, Boeser, Demko the main core players have spent years, their NHL careers not winning and the team crafted and developed a losing culture even Miller has been affected. No matter how much they try to ignore it, that waiting for the other boot to drop is there. They need more experienced forwards. I remember the Islanders, after years of falling short it took a trade for Goring to push them over the top.

Paralysis by analysis happens with benching and players trying to play another way, again. This is the 3rd coach in 3 years with 3 different systems albeit not much of a difference but there is a change over of personnel too. Tocchet wants dump and pray board battles and staples. The timing has to be right to be successful. This can be interrupted easily but does result in outmanned chances, as was seen.

ZAD (ZOD) was a great first step, now they need a Mantha/Jannot to forecheck for Pettersson so he goes back to being the skill guy.

That was a bad sign. Out shot 10 to 3 in the third? That is something to be concerned with. They are living off the 34 goals scored against Edmonton and San Jose. They are still on the plus side but... 

Kuz is Kuz, he has fairly decent stat numbers but it could be that Tocchet and Allvin aren't on the same page on player type or systems.

Or Tocchet just doesn't think he has enough Tarzans.

Pretty sure if Garland or Boeser or Kuz did go and were replaced by a "Tocchet Tarzan" he would not be upset.

So MAYBE Tocchet is throwing Kuzmenko under the bus because the team couldn't trade Garland or Boeser last year but Kuzmenko had lots of interest. Tocchet would do all he can to enhance Boeser or Garland's trade value. This would also be why Garland is working so hard, so he can be traded.

This underlying sentiment might be another reason for erratic play.

Garland may have been a headliner last night, maybe because so many others stumbled. IMO he did look good.

You lost me when you said that Canucks need a Mantha to forecheck for Petterson. Mantha is as lazy af . 
No thank you please. 

Be careful what you wish for. 

11 hours ago, Blue said:

Listen to the Bleuger interview. He says the bad starts are from jitters and players not wanting to make a mistake. The more you over coach them the worse the starts will get 

These are grown ass men not 12 year old school girls and who the hell says jitters other then 12 year old school girls

• Sad 1
  • ThereItIs 1

6 minutes ago, CanuckFanForever said:

I agree Petey is fine he is not a 150 pt player so everyone is getting disappointed with him he comes back to reality. J.T. Miller is going to come back to reality soon to and then the hate will be on him

I agree wholeheartedly. A lot of folks on here are wannabe bosses. Always looking for someone to blame, someone to fire. 
The work place has its ups and downs. The enterprise doesn’t thrive if you are constantly overreacting. Let the operation breathe, only making corrections as needed.

Even the TBL had a really poor season just before winning two straight Cups. They didn’t fire Coopee or dump their core. Worked out pretty good. 

16 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Pettersson is top ten in scoring. Not too sure what you’re thinking. 

Doesn’t seem himself, he’s not on a tear like the first 14 games or so… 

He hasn’t been a difference maker last 12 games or so, very quiet. Not dominating, like Miller.

Edited by The Aquaman
  • ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, The Aquaman said:

Doesn’t seem himself, he’s not on a tear like the first 14 games or so… 

He hasn’t been a difference maker last 12 games or so, very quiet. Not dominating, like Miller.

Miller is top two in scoring. Petey is top 5. We have two of the top centres in the league. Pretty damned good. 

Edited by Alflives
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, CanuckFanForever said:

I agree Petey is fine he is not a 150 pt player so everyone is getting disappointed with him he comes back to reality. J.T. Miller is going to come back to reality soon to and then the hate will be on him

Next post:

16 minutes ago, CanuckFanForever said:

I will never talk smack about the players on the Canucks 

but the Coach is fair game

😀

What do you mean "come back to reality"?  He has been a point per game player ever since he arrived. Other than a few brief slumps that all players go through he's been one of our very best forwards. His game has gotten better in ways as well. He's learned how to center a line himself. He's more defensive. He helps on the PK.  And is a the heart/ leader of the team.  That is the reality.  Its already here.

Will he eventually start to slow down as his body ages and gets more beat up?  Sure. But even though I know you can hardly wait to dog pile on, you may have to wait 3 or 4 more years for that. And TBH, if and when that happens, i think most fans expect some decline and would forgive him if he's not as productive in his later contract years....because he'd have paid his dues here.  And if the cap keeps going up, his contract may not look that daunting then anyways

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Is that what it is? I read somewhere that it was a new chrome-look helmet. I hope you’re right cause the Kings and VGK are terrible imo.

edit: found it

IMG_0431.jpeg

That was peoples guess.

I think the fact that they’re highlighting the logo part means it’s gonna be a new sponsor.