[PGT] Minnesota @ Vancouver

Chickenspear

11 hours ago, HKSR said:

I dunno, might have been the fact the Canucks played a structured defence because I sure didn't feel nervous about anything in the 3rd.  In fact, it felt like the Canucks had the better grade A opportunities.

Yes they did, and they rang the iron as well... Canucks played really well after a really poor start. 

• ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, kilgore said:

Next post:

😀

What do you mean "come back to reality"?  He has been a point per game player ever since he arrived. Other than a few brief slumps that all players go through he's been one of our very best forwards. His game has gotten better in ways as well. He's learned how to center a line himself. He's more defensive. He helps on the PK.  And is a the heart/ leader of the team.  That is the reality.  Its already here.

Will he eventually start to slow down as his body ages and gets more beat up?  Sure. But even though I know you can hardly wait to dog pile on, you may have to wait 3 or 4 more years for that. And TBH, if and when that happens, i think most fans expect some decline and would forgive him if he's not as productive in his later contract years....because he'd have paid his dues here.  And if the cap keeps going up, his contract may not look that daunting then anyways

Pt a game is 82 pts in a full season

Right now he has 39pts in 27 games that's what I mean. Or 1.44 pts per game. He is going to slow down and not score in as many games and people will get mad about it that's what I mean.

1.44*82= 118 pts that's not going to happen for Miller. My projection for him is 95-100 pts this season

13 minutes ago, CanuckFanForever said:

Pt a game is 82 pts in a full season

Right now he has 39pts in 27 games that's what I mean. Or 1.44 pts per game. He is going to slow down and not score in as many games and people will get mad about it that's what I mean.

1.44*82= 118 pts that's not going to happen for Miller. My projection for him is 95-100 pts this season

You think ppl will get mad if Miller gets 100 points instead of 118 points ?

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, CanuckFanForever said:

No I think they will get mad when he slows down in January and doesn't score at the same pace or doesn't get a point in 3-4 games

People would find away to get mad, if Miller scored 164 points. The team went 82-0. And Petey signed for $8 million for 8 years.

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, Blue said:

What was up with Mcdavid and Driasitle for 25 games ? Its called being human.

Mcdavid was hurt..  i think groin strain,    Obviously feeling better..  good bet was on him coming back to win the art ross!  He is just plain better then everybody else

40 minutes ago, Cocanuck said:

Mcdavid was hurt..  i think groin strain,    Obviously feeling better..  good bet was on him coming back to win the art ross!  He is just plain better then everybody else

Do you have a source for that?

I'm guessing that's what's bothering Petey too...just pure speculation on my part though.

McDavid gets a lot more protection from the stripes than most players do(although that's waning)...it allows him to be the best. Gives him more space (although his speed and agility also contribute).

There was a period where you couldn't breathe his way without him getting a call but the refs seem like they're tiring of his whining.

For sure he's the best...but he's also being offered excuses for his start. We don't accept them around here.

• Cheers 1