[PGT] Minnesota @ Vancouver

Chickenspear

16 minutes ago, Silent Man said:

Dear Santa! Please, make a victory for Canucks! 

Saturday night games are my favourite....look forward to them all day without the distraction of work.

When we lose, it's extra defeating to me...especially if it's a loss like the one we had vs NJ. Sucks the wind out of my sails.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Saturday night games are my favourite....look forward to them all day without the distraction of work.

When we lose, it's extra defeating to me...especially if it's a loss like the one we had vs NJ. Sucks the wind out of my sails.

Oh, I don't know how I avoided a heart attack. 

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Me too! My mood went fromzero to a hundred to negative 900 over the course of the game. 

What a roller coaster!

After the Nucks tied the game, I told myself "win or lose, I no longer care as it was such an awesome come-back", then that late goal happened. . . and I became zen about the entire ordeal as a learning experience...GCG

• -dlc- unfeatured and unpinned this topic
2 hours ago, -dlc- said:

Same… a part of me wishes I didn’t care as much as i do… 

being a fan can be hazardous to one’s emotional well being…

• Like 1

1 minute ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Same… a part of me wishes I didn’t care as much as i do… 

being a fan can be hazardous to one’s emotional well being…

I agree! I used to take losses so hard (that one vs NJ reminded me of how it felt!).

COVID really shifted my perspective and how I react to things. Life is good, even when we lose. It sucks, but there's always next game.

Would have thought this thread would have been snipped by now

17 hours ago, Ballisticsports said:

There is no way both BB and RT would say they have issues with Kuz play to influence public opinion

I can't believe one would think that and what would the players think if even true 😞

Haven't we all had enough of excuses and players not being accountable?

You say EP had over a 100 pts ,Ep finished 10th, he is currently 7th 

Last year we didn't even make the playoffs

RT would rather see Kuz score 24 goals on a playoff team , than 39 on a non playoff team

He even told him not to worry about scoring goals and the system and just stick to the staples

That is on Kuz who has bad habits to change of playing only 1 year in the NHL instead of the bigger ice and float

If a player can't/won't play a team game, that isn't on the coach to let that player do as he pleases

Okay I get your position the Coach is GOD! Coaches are by definition, teachers.

Coaches play the players they are given

Coaches put puzzles together to make the whole picture.

For all that the big talk is about Kuz not playing the "right way" When Tocchet took the team last year he increased Kuz's ice time and Kuz scored more.

The coach does not pick the team, that is why coaches get fired before the team gets fired. Fair or not coaches get hired to be fired.

Yes last year they were not a playoff team but whatever he did won games and his ice time management hasn't changed much.

15 hours ago, PistolPete13 said:

You lost me when you said that Canucks need a Mantha to forecheck for Petterson. Mantha is as lazy af . 
No thank you please. 

Be careful what you wish for. 

Mantha is not slow, yes a lower hockey IQ but that works with Tocchet's dumbed down system. All he has to do is "go get the puck, get the puck".

He was also just used as an example and he is on an expiring contract AND his cap hit is close enough to make a trade for Garland or Boeser almost dollar for dollar. He is not worth 5.7 mil. His cap hit makes trading him now very hard. But the big plus for the Canucks is getting cap space for next year.

AND

He is the right age and big so if the trade is sooner and if he doesn't fit then he is an asset at the TDL.

I would be okay with Konecny but he will coast too much, maybe some board battlers from Columbus or any player over 6'1" and under 27 yrs old unless a high scorer, maybe 28, with a small term left or none.

3 hours ago, -dlc- said:

Do you have a source for that?

I'm guessing that's what's bothering Petey too...just pure speculation on my part though.

McDavid gets a lot more protection from the stripes than most players do(although that's waning)...it allows him to be the best. Gives him more space (although his speed and agility also contribute).

There was a period where you couldn't breathe his way without him getting a call but the refs seem like they're tiring of his whining.

For sure he's the best...but he's also being offered excuses for his start. We don't accept them around here.

I guess unless you here something directly from a player it is always speculation..  my point was there was most likely a reason why mcdavid wasnt putting up the points he has for oh i dont know, the past six years?  People around here jump on petey for playing poorly without any consideration of what he may be trying to play through.,  those are not excuses but merely reasonable assumptions.   My pet peeve is people who are so quick to judge players harshly without any thought given for a reason why they may be having difficulty.   None of us can imagine the pressure petey must be under given his talent and past accomplishments and to have people on these boards so quick to jump on and off his bandwagon as a player..  they guy is a  rising star and has proven it,,  if he is struggling there is most likely a reason..  mcdavid has earned that assumption as well in my humble opinion.  

3 hours ago, -dlc- said:

I love Saturday games as well! HNIC! dun dun dun

4 hours ago, -dlc- said:

I agree! I used to take losses so hard (that one vs NJ reminded me of how it felt!).

COVID really shifted my perspective and how I react to things. Life is good, even when we lose. It sucks, but there's always next game.

Ya that one hurt…

Been a fan since ‘74… the early years were so hard - 17 losing seasons in a row… 

Pat Quinn saved the ‘Nucks…

Finally we got some respectability…

We shoulda had 2 Stanley rings ‘94 and ‘12 both shoulda been ours… but ya such is life