[Discussion] TSN Trade Bait Board Thread

HKSR

49 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

I've just read up on him now and Walker's actually having a fantastic start to his season.  I don't think his trade value has ever been higher.

image.png.df46da2ce4025a76afcd9b80eb0a7c8d.png

Anthony Duclair is still an effective player when he doesn't score.  But when he doesn't score, he really doesn't score.  Look at that finishing.  For that price, he'd be great on most other playoff teams.

image.png.3ad1c36a1cab2988d5e80e5fae6c42b3.png

Thanks.  Yeah, Walker has been on my radar for awhile.  A tiny bit undersized, but if he was next to Zadorov, it'd work out nicely IMO.

Wonder if SJ would consider retaining on Duclair.  He'd be a versatile forward for us if the price is right.

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

The 3 I'd want from that list:

1. Buchnevich

2. Konecny

3. Farabee

If there was a world we could acquire Buchnevich I would think Garland and Myers both would have to be moved.

And we would probably have to give up Podkolzin or a prospect of value.

53 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Thanks.  Yeah, Walker has been on my radar for awhile.  A tiny bit undersized, but if he was next to Zadorov, it'd work out nicely IMO.

Wonder if SJ would consider retaining on Duclair.  He'd be a versatile forward for us if the price is right.

So I assume you're dumping Myers for Walker, then.  Maybe not a direct trade, but still.

If Mike Greer opts to sell Duclair, he will fetch a pretty penny for him.  He's somehow only 28 years old!  He was shipped off to San Jose as a cap casualty - the Sharks will have no such issues if they flip him.  You want retention?  I'd wager that could be a 1st round pick even.

Edited by Miss Korea

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

I dont know if they would go for Walker. Unless they didn't want Bear.

From the Dialogue I cant imagine them wanting 50% of the blue line under 6ft.

With the emphasis they have put on long big dmen.

But I do like Walker.

Hughes-Hronek

Zadorov-Walker/Bear

Soucy-Myers/Bear/Walker

Would be interesting for sure.

Edited by R3aL

Hughes-Tanev

Zadorov-Hronek

Soucy-Bear

Interests me a lot and the cost of acquisition would be less. 

And Tanev and Bear would be temp until Willander/Brustcqizlkaflkfsalkadwizzy

Could even do

Hughes-Hronek - Can keep them together

Soucy-Tanev - The way they use their sticks to clog up lanes would be super frustrating I could see them matching up well 

Zadorov-Bear - Would be a very competent bottom pairing available to fill in more minutes in games they were going or others were struggling or injuries.

I dont know if there is world Cole stays next season and we sign Zadorov. Since RT and Footer still haven shown any interest in playing Cole on the right side

Edited by R3aL
  • Vintage 1

24 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

So I assume you're dumping Myers for Walker, then.  Maybe not a direct trade, but still.

If Mike Greer opts to sell Duclair, he will fetch a pretty penny for him.  He's somehow only 28 years old!  He was shipped off to San Jose as a cap casualty - the Sharks will have no such issues if they flip him.  You want retention?  I'd wager that could be a 1st round pick even.

Yeah, I think dumping Myers at the TDL might not be too difficult using a 3rd party for retention. 

You think Duclair would fetch that much??  He has 8 goals in his last 44 NHL games played between FLA/SJS.  Huge gamble for a team to pay a 1st round pick to acquire him, but I guess I've seen crazier trades (cough... Jeannot... cough).

Dreger indicating that Walker will command a 1st in return.

“TSN’s Darren Dreger reported on the Insider Trading segment yesterday that “it’s expected [the Flyers] could command as much as a first-round draft pick” in any trade involving blueliner Sean Walker. While there isn’t any indication that the Flyers are shopping Walker, the 29-year-old’s standout all-around play this season, his affordable $2.65MM cap hit, and his pending UFA status all place him among the most attractive defensemen that might be available on the trade market. If a team would like to acquire him, though, it appears the price is going to be in line with other recent blueline rentals, such as Ben Chiarot and Dmitry Orlov, who each returned first-round picks of their own.”

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2023/12/trade-rumors-deangelo-walker-canadiens-goalies.html#google_vignette

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

Dreger indicating that Walker will command a 1st in return.

“TSN’s Darren Dreger reported on the Insider Trading segment yesterday that “it’s expected [the Flyers] could command as much as a first-round draft pick” in any trade involving blueliner Sean Walker. While there isn’t any indication that the Flyers are shopping Walker, the 29-year-old’s standout all-around play this season, his affordable $2.65MM cap hit, and his pending UFA status all place him among the most attractive defensemen that might be available on the trade market. If a team would like to acquire him, though, it appears the price is going to be in line with other recent blueline rentals, such as Ben Chiarot and Dmitry Orlov, who each returned first-round picks of their own.”

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2023/12/trade-rumors-deangelo-walker-canadiens-goalies.html#google_vignette

Myers + Garland for Walker. More than fair. 

32 minutes ago, TopCheese said:

I think konecny would be perfect with millzy and boeser that would be a tough line to contain sprinkle some laine on the petey line 

He would be a better fit with Petey. That line needs some mustard. Konency also doesn't shy away from the rough stuff. He's a poor man's Marchand. Mikheyev, Petey and Konecny would be trouble. I am gonna keep saying this til I am blue in the face or we trade Petey. But if he would just dedicate one summer to bulking up he'd be a force in the league. MacKinnon did it and went from looking like an underwhelming 1st overall pick to being borderline unstoppable. Even Willander realized he needed to get bigger. And that guy is already heavier than Petey is without bulking up. I am tired of complaining about Bambi's tiny frame though. Something tells me he's too stubborn to put in the work.

2 hours ago, JeremyCuddles said:

He would be a better fit with Petey. That line needs some mustard. Konency also doesn't shy away from the rough stuff. He's a poor man's Marchand. Mikheyev, Petey and Konecny would be trouble. I am gonna keep saying this til I am blue in the face or we trade Petey. But if he would just dedicate one summer to bulking up he'd be a force in the league. MacKinnon did it and went from looking like an underwhelming 1st overall pick to being borderline unstoppable. Even Willander realized he needed to get bigger. And that guy is already heavier than Petey is without bulking up. I am tired of complaining about Bambi's tiny frame though. Something tells me he's too stubborn to put in the work.

What makes you think that Petey hasn't gained any weight?  He is literally knocking guys over that are 200+ pounds.  Do you think he is still only 170 pounds?

9 minutes ago, Coryberg said:

Cracking Up Lol GIF

Screenshot_20231208_213025_Chrome.jpg

Sean Walker is having a great season.  He would be a massive upgrade on Myers, Juulsen, Friedman and Bear.  People talk about getting a 3rd for Myers.  Walker easily gets a 1st as a pending UFA.  Even Ben Chiarot got a 1st round pick.

Also, whoever made that WAR chart is out to lunch.  Walker is averaging over 21 minutes a night this year and has 2 shorthanded goals and 3 points on the PK and 1 point on the PP.  So not sure how he can be on the 3rd pairing with no PK time and no PP time...

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Sean Walker and Chris Tanev will both command a 1st round pick.  So those trades aren't happening.  Allvin shops at Walmart not Harry Rosen...

No Way Tanev gets a first with his injury history. Guy might play 1 shift for new team and thats it for the season

If Walker is setting you back a 1st, why not look at Bear.

His eye test with us was great.  Underlying stats were great.  He’s bigger, younger, would command a cheaper salary and costs nothing to acquire.

If you’re arguing against this and don’t watch the Flyers regularly, that’s a lot of faith in a one off year for Walker. 

Edited by The Duke

1 minute ago, The Duke said:

If Walker is setting you back a 1st, why not look at Bear.

His eye test with us was great.  Underlying stats were great.  He’s bigger, younger, would command a cheaper salary and costs nothing to acquire.

If you’re arguing against this and don’t watch the Flyers regularly, that’s a lot of faith in a one off year for Walker. 

Walker would be a 2-3 month rental.  So doesn't matter that this year is a one off year.  This is the year to trade for him if you want him for a playoff run.  Bear is literally damaged goods.  They had to put his shoulder together with plates and screws.  Do you honestly think he's going to come back and even be a capable 3rd pairing guy?

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

He's played every game this year and has played 2 full seasons with Calgary plus this year.  So why would you think he will get injured his first game with another team?  

because he's not a canucks right now so other players are not allowed to have any value.. if tanev was on the canucks then the fans here would claim he'd be worth a 1st and an A prospect

• ThereItIs 1

Walker easily gets a 1st as a pending UFA. 

Walker would be a 2-3 month rental.

If we are trading our first it would be for a Hronek type deal where it's a good young player who is club controlled. Definitely not for a 28 year old UFA who is a bottom pairing dman on almost any contender.

Edited by Coryberg
  • Cheers 1