[Discussion] TSN Trade Bait Board Thread

HKSR

2 hours ago, Coryberg said:

Cracking Up Lol GIF

Screenshot_20231208_213025_Chrome.jpg

There is something wrong with that stat card. Other than his rookie year, Walker has been used on the PK every season he's played and is currently averaging the second highest shorthanded TOI on Philly this season. So to say NA is just false. Oh, and he's also getting some PP2 time this year and does have an assist on the power play as well as being a regular on PP2 in his LA days.

He's also been a pretty solid shot blocker his whole career and even though he isn't huge he doesn't shy away physically.

Edit: That still doesn't mean I would want to trade a first for him, but he's shown to be a pretty solid defenseman.

Edited by Diamonds

1 hour ago, The Duke said:

If Walker is setting you back a 1st, why not look at Bear.

His eye test with us was great.  Underlying stats were great.  He’s bigger, younger, would command a cheaper salary and costs nothing to acquire.

If you’re arguing against this and don’t watch the Flyers regularly, that’s a lot of faith in a one off year for Walker. 

The outlier year for Walker isn't actually this year. So far this is his best production, but his outlier year was last season when he was coming back from missing an entire year due to a knee injury. That's more of my concern honestly, whether he is going to be durable after that. In 2019-20 he has 24 points in 70 games and averages 18:50 in ice time and in 2020-21 he had 18 points in 47 games (30 point pace again) while averaging 18:10 in ice time. Both seasons that was good for 4th in average TOI among defensemen on the Kings.

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

He's played every game this year and has played 2 full seasons with Calgary plus this year.  So why would you think he will get injured his first game with another team?  

Tanev has no offensive game. Fumbles the puck and is injury prone. 2nd +  B level prospect is what I think Tanev goes for. Maybe CGY retains 50% and then there is a condition on the 1st rounder (like games played in playoffs)

57 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

The outlier year for Walker isn't actually this year. So far this is his best production, but his outlier year was last season when he was coming back from missing an entire year due to a knee injury. That's more of my concern honestly, whether he is going to be durable after that. In 2019-20 he has 24 points in 70 games and averages 18:50 in ice time and in 2020-21 he had 18 points in 47 games (30 point pace again) while averaging 18:10 in ice time. Both seasons that was good for 4th in average TOI among defensemen on the Kings.

None of that says he’s worth a 1st round pick, though.  

25 points over 82 vs Bear’s 21 over 82 in about the same amount of games, but 3 years older. If we’re giving up a 1st I’d expect a whole lot more than that.

3 minutes ago, The Duke said:

25 points over 82 vs Bear’s 21 over 82 in about the same amount of games, but 3 years older. If we’re giving up a 1st I’d expect a whole lot more than that.

Oh, I agree that I wouldn't trade a first for Walker. But I do think he's proven to be a solid defenseman over his career. Walker is also more physical than Bear and I think he's a little bit better defensively. However, I don't think Walker is enough of an improvement to be worth giving up major assets for when Bear is free. I think Walker might be a solid free agent option though this summer.

1 hour ago, Outsiders said:

Tanev has no offensive game. Fumbles the puck and is injury prone. 2nd +  B level prospect is what I think Tanev goes for. Maybe CGY retains 50% and then there is a condition on the 1st rounder (like games played in playoffs)

Most likely Calgary would be retaining 50% as Tanev would be traded to a contender.  So at $2.25 million he would definitely garner a 1st round pick.

2 hours ago, Coryberg said:

If we are trading our first it would be for a Hronek type deal where it's a good young player who is club controlled. Definitely not for a 28 year old UFA who is a bottom pairing dman on almost any contender.

I never said we whould trade a 1st round pick for Walker.  I said that's what he would fetch on the open market.  I'd love to get Walker, but not for a first round pick, unless Konecny was added to the deal...

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

because he's not a canucks right now so other players are not allowed to have any value.. if tanev was on the canucks then the fans here would claim he'd be worth a 1st and an A prospect

This is true.  Same Canucks fans that think Petey is only worth $7.5 million and that he is "holding" out.  Same Canucks fans that think if we try and trade Petey we will only get a 1st round pick and a roster player.  

There is a reason why we have never won the cup.  It's punishment from the Gods for our fanbase and our media parasites...

2 hours ago, The Duke said:

Exactly. If management is trading away a 1st +, then it better be something similar to Miller or Hronek. 

• ThereItIs 1

9 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

This is true.  Same Canucks fans that think Petey is only worth $7.5 million and that he is "holding" out.  Same Canucks fans that think if we try and trade Petey we will only get a 1st round pick and a roster player.  

There is a reason why we have never won the cup.  It's punishment from the Gods for our fanbase and our media parasites...

which is why i hate this fanbase they turn toxic on their own player faster than you can blink.. couple weeks ago it's give EP whatever he wants.. couple weeks later the forum is full on bashing him.. kuzmenko was amazing last year.. now he's a worthless piece of trash eating up almost 6mil in cap space etc. i myself was kinda the same advocating to trade miller.. but not really because of his ability but more so he doesn't fit our timeline and i still don't think he fits our timeline.. as great as he is now.. unless we turn into a cup contender.. whatever's left in his tank at elite status is going to be wasted then we'll be back to we need to look for another 2c etc etc.

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

which is why i hate this fanbase they turn toxic on their own player faster than you can blink.. couple weeks ago it's give EP whatever he wants.. couple weeks later the forum is full on bashing him.. kuzmenko was amazing last year.. now he's a worthless piece of trash eating up almost 6mil in cap space etc. i myself was kinda the same advocating to trade miller.. but not really because of his ability but more so he doesn't fit our timeline and i still don't think he fits our timeline.. as great as he is now.. unless we turn into a cup contender.. whatever's left in his tank at elite status is going to be wasted then we'll be back to we need to look for another 2c etc etc.

its OK when you do it, huh? 😂

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, wai_lai416 said:

nope i'm part of the trash just like you are.. but i have never full on bashed miller the way you guys have and i wanted him move more so because he doesn't fit the timeline rather than he sucks

Yup. Miller is fabulous. I do disagree about the timeline for winning though. IMHAO we are into our winning window. Our core is tops in the league. We have Demko. We should be pulling out all stops to win now and for the next five years. With Hughes and Petey being so young the window could stretch out a lot longer. 

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I didn't bash Miller. 

Bo OTOH 🤣

doesn't have to be miller just any players on the canucks in general.. just like i've been hard on garland because he doesnt' justify his cap hit but i didn't go out of my way to insult the guy.. but players like myers.. the insults thrown at him on this forum by the fanbase is just sickening

Just now, wai_lai416 said:

doesn't have to be miller just any players on the canucks in general.. just like i've been hard on garland because he doesnt' justify his cap hit but i didn't go out of my way to insult the guy.. but players like myers.. the insults thrown at him on this forum by the fanbase is just sickening

It's blowing off steam, nothing more. Dude makes a ton of money and is a pro, he's not some kid that needs a white knight.

1 minute ago, wai_lai416 said:

Alf will go out of his way. Garland is a garden gnome. And not the good concrete ones. He’s a cheap, overpriced plastic one. We need to dumperoo his plastic ass. 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Alflives said:

Alf will go out of his way. Garland is a garden gnome. And not the good concrete ones. He’s a cheap, overpriced plastic one. We need to dumperoo his plastic ass. 

Although I'd like it if he was a LITTLE bigger, I've gotta say, even though he hasn't been on the score sheet that much lately, there's been a number of times where we have scored goals directly due to his forechecking and causing turnovers with speed and being a general Pain in the Ass!

Is he overpaid? Yeah, definitely should have been closer to 3 - 3.25 million range. Is he going to be traded? I don't think the Canucks are in a hurry to move him right now, due to the fact that I mentioned. He's contributing to us winning games, even if he's not directly on the scoresheet...

Also, we shouldn't understate the fact that we need someone we can park in the box when we take one of our frequent team penalties for too many men, and he doesn't take up that much space in the penalty box. Hell, I bet when traveling, he fits nicely into most overhead storage compartments, saving the price of a seat on the plane.... 😉

Edited by VegasCanuck
  • Haha 1

I think we sit with our current team for a while and look to be buyers if we're still a top-5 team in the league around TDL. Happily sell assets/picks for a true 3C like Monahan or Walker would be a nice depth addition too. Our blueline is getting pretty crowded with good 4-5th overall defencemen and we have arguably the two best top pairing D-men in the league, but looking forward we're going to have to move on from Cole and Myers sooner rather than later.

Our bottom-6 has been really good so far but we do lack a scoring-type of 3C who can matchup well in the playoffs and out-score the other team. Tocchet probably prefers Blueger/Suter over a more scoring type of 3C, but we could easily put one of them on the wing.