Elias Pettersson | D

PickleCanuck

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Petey and D-Petey.  I don’t know of any other nickname for either one.  You can’t call them Elias or Pettersson because they are both called that…

It'd make sense, they'll have to figure something out

13 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

I hope EPD gets a game. 

Love any ohlund comparison. He was my favorite.

I think it's 11 or 12 more reg. season games. how could they not get him in there. My bet is he'll get a few and maybe some post season if that's allowed.

• Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

petey2.gif

Ok, and I'll say it too...  anybody else a bit shook by the fact Elias Pettersson (the fan) has an avatar pic of Elias Pettersson (F) posting in the Elias Pettersson (D) thread with a GIF of Elias Pettersson (F)? 

• chaos 1

11 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Ok, and I'll say it too...  anybody else a bit shook by the fact Elias Pettersson (the fan) has an avatar pic of Elias Pettersson (F) posting in the Elias Pettersson (D) thread with a GIF of Elias Pettersson (F)? 

He should probably change his profile picture back and forth every time he posts in this thread

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I represent two players on this team now.  So, I will be changing my avatars periodically.  That is after I change it to Conor Garland...   😏

• Haha 2

On 3/18/2024 at 12:04 PM, Rip The Mesh said:

I think it's 11 or 12 more reg. season games. how could they not get him in there. My bet is he'll get a few and maybe some post season if that's allowed.

NHL post-season???? What are we talking about here? He's coming from Allsvenskan. I don't expect to see him in any NHL games this season. Let him start in the AHL and get used to the higher level of play there first, as well as the North American sized ice.

Edited by MatchesMalone
  • Like 2

I'm pretty excited for our team with our future prospects in D-Petey, Willander and Lekkerimakl coming into the fold in a few years. Basically not just these three, but with Raty, Baines and Woo as well.

Other than the above mentioned guys, it seems, after perusing the Prospects / Farm Teams  forum, we have a good mix of all positions in our prospect pool. However, having said that; is it too early to get excited about any of them? I mean we got righty and lefty Defensemen and Wingers up the yang/yang. Centres? Yea we got some, but not as many as we do wingers.  Goalie prospects? Even less so Centres, but our goalie prospects are very promising!

Lately our team never seem to lack Goalies though. Other than the goalie graveyard years, we always had decent goalie prospects (Gamble,Schneider) or trades/free agent signing, (Lack, Hirsch) With Ian Clarke as goalie coach, we've no worries regarding that position. I mean since Bobby Lou, Markstrom, Demmer, and up and comers Silovs, Tolopilo; we're in good hands.

I don't know what the ceiling is for our prospects other than the three Swedes, Raty, Baines and Woo. I understand from my research of such; most of our forward prospects will be 4th or 3rd liners at best, and our Defence prospects bottom pairing or 7th/8th D.

I'm in no doubt that all three Swedes will be in the mix soon with Willander and Lekkerimaki in upper positions; D Petey in the 2nd or 3rd pairing.

I've no doubt that Raty and Baines will be with the big club sooner rather than later, but do y'all think Woo will be in the mix near future?!?!!?? I envision him as our Bieksa guy. But he seems to have not lived up to that. I'm hoping though.

1 hour ago, Sativika said:

but do y'all think Woo will be in the mix near future?!?!!?? I envision him as our Bieksa guy. But he seems to have not lived up to that. I'm hoping though.

IMO.

The clock is ticking for Woo to make the jump to the NHL. He may very well just wind up as a good AHL D-man instead. I think prospects Johansson and Ward have more upside skill wise although Woo has a bit more snarl to his game. D-Petey will probably slot in to a game in Winnipeg this weekend and we shall get to see how he does.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kootenay Gold said:

IMO.

The clock is ticking for Woo to make the jump to the NHL. He may very well just wind up as a good AHL D-man instead. I think prospects Johansson and Ward have more upside skill wise although Woo has a bit more snarl to his game. D-Petey will probably slot in to a game in Winnipeg this weekend and we shall get to see how he does.

I think, in my opinion, that woo has done enough this season to warrant a look in the NHL. Problem is this year, unlike any other year, we’ve been a healthy team. Have we even had 2 defensive players hurt at the same time? Other than Myers and soucy for a couple games maybe? Since we picked up Zads I don’t even know that Friedman and Juulson have played more then a game or two at the same time.

our prospects such as Woo, Johannson, and Hirose haven’t been able to get a call up let alone some playing time.

forwards too, other then DJ, we’ve had little in the ways of injuries to give other players a chance to get their feet wet at the top level.

11 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

Elias Pettersson the centre's middle name is Frederik. Elias Pettersson the defenceman's middle name is Nils.

Should we call #40 Freddie and #26 Nils? Yeah I like it. I played with a Freddy once. That guy could score goals like crazy. Ellie Freddie, and Nils Elllie ... :frantic:  Alright I'm done. 😆

• Haha 1

On 3/21/2024 at 8:51 AM, Gawdzukes said:

Should we call #40 Freddie and #26 Nils? Yeah I like it. I played with a Freddy once. That guy could score goals like crazy. Ellie Freddie, and Nils Elllie ... :frantic:  Alright I'm done. 😆

I think we should freak out the rest of the league and just call him, "Pettersson Clone #1.

3 hours ago, CanuckMan said:

If both players were on the ice at the same time what would their jerseys say? It was easy with the sedins adding the H and D. 

New guy has D-Pettersson on his jersey. 😆