Elias Pettersson | D

PickleCanuck

2 hours ago, Captain Hughes said:

Something tells me we will see him this playoffs 

It's possible. It could be that when they were looking at trade options, they decided that there wasn't any upgrades that they could fit under the cap that provided anything that they didn't already have in Abbotsford or the extended prospect pool.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

It's possible. It could be that when they were looking at trade options, they decided that there wasn't any upgrades that they could fit under the cap that provided anything that they didn't already have in Abbotsford or the extended prospect pool.

Bit of stretch considering Wolanin, Brisebois, Hirose and McWard are ahead of him right now in the depth chart…

I didn’t mention Woo or Johansson since they don’t have any NHL games under their belt but I’d reckon they’d be ahead too. Might be a different story in October 2024.

2 hours ago, WillisD said:

Listed at 209lbs? Wow. If that's accurate he could play at 220-225lbs in his prime. Cool

I think he was 6'2" 185lbs at the draft so now at 6'4" 209lbs just two years later he's already quite a bit bigger. He's already Edler's size (who he also reminds me of) and may get to Ohlund's size!

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

On 12/27/2023 at 5:31 AM, Boudrias said:

He had a very solid game. I was surprised when he did not stick in the SHL this season. I wonder if he goes back this spring?

It is rare for a 19-year-old defenceman to play meaningful minutes in the SHL. It's actually rare for any 19-year-olds to play big minutes in the SHL. Players like Pettersson and Lekkerimaki are exceptions to the general rule that means teenagers will play under ten minutes a night, if they play at all. The positive for D-Petey is that he played a whole season against older, more experienced men. I'll be eager to see him play in Abbotsford. 

10 hours ago, Integra250 said:

Bit of stretch considering Wolanin, Brisebois, Hirose and McWard are ahead of him right now in the depth chart…

I didn’t mention Woo or Johansson since they don’t have any NHL games under their belt but I’d reckon they’d be ahead too. Might be a different story in October 2024.

The first three on your list have had  serious injuries this year and to be honest have not played very well at all. when healthy, hell  Brisebois hasn't dressed for a game at any level yet this year has he? I wouldn't put them ahead of Petey D.

Woo I think would be the first call up.

10 hours ago, Integra250 said:

We don't know where he fits in depth chart yet until we see how he performs in North American game format. 

Woo, Johansson and McWard are all RD. If we need someone to fill in on LD, Brisebois is probably the primary go to guy right now.

• Like 1

I can't see them waiting long to let DEP get his first taste of the AHL.  He really should translate really well to the NA game.  His positional play will be better on the smaller ice.  And his reads will be quicker.  He isn't out there for offense.  And smaller ice should make it easier for him to play physical like he does.  

• ThereItIs 1

It's still hilarious that not only did we draft a Swedish D with the exact same name as our Swedish star forward, but that there's a legitimate chance they play games together over the next few years 

3 hours ago, Coconuts said:

It's still hilarious that not only did we draft a Swedish D with the exact same name as our Swedish star forward, but that there's a legitimate chance they play games together over the next few years 

So how is Shorty going to identify them?  What happens when they are both on the ice together? How do they distinguish their names on the back of their jerseys?  

At least the Sedins had different first names. This is going to be fucked up. 

• Wiener 1

48 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So how is Shorty going to identify them?  What happens when they are both on the ice together? How do they distinguish their names on the back of their jerseys?  

Thing one and thing two v2

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Why would it be f...ed up? We had two Greg Adams's on the team at the same time; one was called Gus.

1 hour ago, robr1can2 said:

Why would it be f...ed up? We had two Greg Adams's on the team at the same time; one was called Gus.

Yes I remember the two Greg Adams.  The second Greg Adams only played 19 games for us, so I don’t even remember how Jim Robson handled the call.  He might have called the first Greg, Gus.  

So, are we gonna call one of them Petey?  Is that what Shorty is going to do?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Yes I remember the two Greg Adams.  The second Greg Adams only played 19 games for us, so I don’t even remember how Jim Robson handled the call.  He might have called the first Greg, Gus.  

So, are we gonna call one of them Petey?  Is that what Shorty is going to do?

So, what is D-Petey's middle name?

17 minutes ago, robr1can2 said:

So, what is D-Petey's middle name?

I don’t believe either one has a middle name.  With the Greg Adams, from what I remember they put “Adams’ on the back of Gus’s jersey, and “Greg C. Adams” on the back of the other one.  So the second Adams had a middle name.  I located one picture on the internet that confirms this…

IMG_0970.jpeg

• Upvote 1