Elias Pettersson | D

PickleCanuck

4 hours ago, CanuckMan said:

If both players were on the ice at the same time what would their jerseys say? It was easy with the sedins adding the H and D. 

We haven't figured that out yet.  I would bet Petey gets to keep Pettersson and they will add something to D-Petey's name.  Maybe an initial E just to differentiate.

I can only imagine how Shorthouse is going to feel when they are both out on the ice together.  He can't even say their full name to distinguish.  

On 3/28/2024 at 2:20 PM, Elias Pettersson said:

We haven't figured that out yet.  I would bet Petey gets to keep Pettersson and they will add something to D-Petey's name.  Maybe an initial E just to differentiate.

I can only imagine how Shorthouse is going to feel when they are both out on the ice together.  He can't even say their full name to distinguish.  

Yeah, like Jordan and Jared Staal. One is just "Staal" and one is "J.Staal"

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, MattJVD said:

Yeah, like Jordan and Jared Staal. One is just "Staal" and one is "J.Staal"

Oh yeah, that is right, I forgot about the Staal brothers.  Thing is they still have different first names.  So, the announcer can just call them by their full name.  I would guess that D-Petey gets an E intial on his jersey.  Howewer, I have no idea what John Shorthouse is going to be calling him...   😊

Edited by Elias Pettersson

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Oh yeah, that is right, I forgot about the Staal brothers.  Thing is they still have different first names.  So, the announcer can just call them by their full name.  I would guess that D-Petey gets an E intial on his jersey.  Howewer, I have no idea what John Shorthouse is going to be calling him...   😊

I am just shocked that all you guys think this is gonna be an issue with us having a history of Hank and Dank & Greg and Gus.  There will be multiple ways Shorty differentiates.  

• Cheers 1

On 3/31/2024 at 11:22 AM, kettlevalley said:

I am just shocked that all you guys think this is gonna be an issue with us having a history of Hank and Dank & Greg and Gus.  There will be multiple ways Shorty differentiates.  

It does make it more difficult when both names are the same, but they'll figure out something appropriate

and the fans will get used to which player is being called at any given time.

The Canucks did have 2 Greg Adams for a short while in 88-89.

Edited by higgyfan

On 3/31/2024 at 1:22 PM, kettlevalley said:

He'll call one Elias and the other one Eleas 😛 

On 3/31/2024 at 11:22 AM, kettlevalley said:

Hank and Dank had 2 different first names.  Shorty always called them by their full name.  He never called either one Sedin.

Gus and Greg played like 18 games together one year.  Greg was a 4th line plug who didn’t get much ice time.  I don’t recall them ever on the ice together for those 18 games.

Petey and D-Petey will be on the ice together ALOT over the next decade or so.  This is a long term thing.  You can’t just call them by their full name as it’s exactly the same.  There will have to be a differentiation.  I haven’t figured it out yet.  Maybe Shorty eventually will…

It's a bonus having d-Petey on the team at the same time as Lekker. I wouldn't be surprised

if they join the big club next season (at some point).  Elias is looking like a big, honking NHL dman

in the future.