Elias Pettersson | D

PickleCanuck

On 4/2/2024 at 7:12 PM, c00kies said:

He'll call one Elias and the other one Eleas 😛 

Just for the record, Lindholm, Petey and D-Petey are all "Eleas".

It's just funny hearing the different pronunciation from commentators of Lindholm and Peteys first name.

• Cheers 1

I thought he looked really promising last night. He really does stand out physically and makes some good strong plays as well as nice break outs. 

He did indeed get his first point last night with a lovely feed over to Neilsen, who i also felt played a lot better next to him on a D pair, which could be encouraging news for a future pairing of Hughes / D-Petey one day. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, flat land fish said:

Looks like he picked up his first ahl point.  Any idea how many minutes he's logging each game?

Here’s the point! I’ve really liked the highlights I’ve seen of him. Love his tenacity and grit.

• Like 1

On 4/4/2024 at 12:35 AM, Bonkers said:

Just for the record, Lindholm, Petey and D-Petey are all "Eleas".

It's just funny hearing the different pronunciation from commentators of Lindholm and Peteys first name.

Wasn’t there an interview with petey and lindholm a couple years ago where they said they pronounce it didferently?

• Cheers 1

14 hours ago, Snoop Hogg said:

Sometimes I think EP40 is the Pettersson that belongs in Abby.

The same EP40 who has had to try and carry a struggling Kuzmenko and Mikheyev basically all season long and have his line continuously thrown in a blender? 53% ozone starts 5v5/ES? The same EP40 who has been used as a C and W back and forth from time to time this season and had no consistency in his line? his most ice time has been spent with Kuzmenko and Mikheyev, his highest producing line mate has been Mikheyev followed by Kuzmenko, then its just jumble of whatever the fuck they want to throw in there. Quit blaming Petey and look at how he's being utilized. Cant carry the dead weight of 2 wingers forever.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

LOL AnthonyG-oof making excuses yet again. EP40 getting paid 11.6 mill next season. I dont care if he's got Brett Hull and Luc Robitaille on his wings, or Tanner Glass and Jeff Cowan. 11.6 mill? You better be able to carry your own line, and SHOULD be the best player on your team at least every 2-3 games. The last month and a half, EP40 has hardly been the best player, hell, he hasn't even been the best 1 or 2 forwards on the team.

You want elite money, we want elite results

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Wiener 1

20 hours ago, AnthonyG said:

The same EP40 who has had to try and carry a struggling Kuzmenko and Mikheyev basically all season long and have his line continuously thrown in a blender? 53% ozone starts 5v5/ES? The same EP40 who has been used as a C and W back and forth from time to time this season and had no consistency in his line? his most ice time has been spent with Kuzmenko and Mikheyev, his highest producing line mate has been Mikheyev followed by Kuzmenko, then its just jumble of whatever the fuck they want to throw in there. Quit blaming Petey and look at how he's being utilized. Cant carry the dead weight of 2 wingers forever.

I'm have you ever tried staying on topic in a thread?

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, filthy animal said:

LOL AnthonyG-oof making excuses yet again. EP40 getting paid 11.6 mill next season. I dont care if he's got Brett Hull and Luc Robitaille on his wings, or Tanner Glass and Jeff Cowan. 11.6 mill? You better be able to carry your own line, and SHOULD be the best player on your team at least every 2-3 games. The last month and a half, EP40 has hardly been the best player, hell, he hasn't even been the best 1 or 2 forwards on the team.

What the alternative? trade him and see him take it to the final level on another team?

He is in a funk right now, and yet still above a point per game... Let that sink in, above a point per game, when he is in a bit of a funk. 

I though of all the things, Vancouver fans would know that most star players don't hit the top till late twenties...

Over 100 point age 24, was en route to replica that season until the resent funk hit him. How much do you suggest he should be paid? or should they trade him?

And in the end Peteys agent says, what he wants... then its up to PA to decide if he is worth it...

Only time will tell, but in a 2-3 years  $11.6 will be the new $9...

Wait and see what Rantanen will be demanding next year or Draiseitl, or McD in 2 years time...

Peteys contract will look good or at least fine in a few years, and at the end of his contract maybe even like a steal...

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, spook007 said:

What the alternative? trade him and see him take it to the final level on another team?

He is in a funk right now, and yet still above a point per game... Let that sink in, above a point per game, when he is in a bit of a funk. 

I though of all the things, Vancouver fans would know that most star players don't hit the top till late twenties...

Over 100 point age 24, was en route to replica that season until the resent funk hit him. How much do you suggest he should be paid? or should they trade him?

And in the end Peteys agent says, what he wants... then its up to PA to decide if he is worth it...

Only time will tell, but in a 2-3 years  $11.6 will be the new $9...

Wait and see what Rantanen will be demanding next year or Draiseitl, or McD in 2 years time...

Peteys contract will look good or at least fine in a few years, and at the end of his contract maybe even like a steal...

You guys are in the wrong thread... this is the DDDDD Petey thread!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

16 hours ago, filthy animal said:

Isn't he top 20 in NHL scoring on one of the leagues top teams?  What's your definition of elite?

Perhaps you are an Elite troll?

2 hours ago, flat land fish said:

Isn't he top 20 in NHL scoring on one of the leagues top teams?  What's your definition of elite?

Perhaps you are an Elite troll?

Have you even watched pettersson the last month and a half? How many games has he been the best player? Hardly, i can recall maybe 2 games. 11.6 mill, you better be the best player in most nights. 

Why dont you try actually watching the game rather than looking at the stat sheet. Youre an idiot if you think hes actually playing well the last month and a half just because hes up there in scoring. The guy has been borderline invisible. 

• Cheers 1

43 minutes ago, filthy animal said:

Have you even watched pettersson the last month and a half? How many games has he been the best player? Hardly, i can recall maybe 2 games. 11.6 mill, you better be the best player in most nights. 

Why dont you try actually watching the game rather than looking at the stat sheet. Youre an idiot if you think hes actually playing well the last month and a half just because hes up there in scoring. The guy has been borderline invisible. 

Was one of the best players tonight.  

On 4/5/2024 at 10:16 PM, kettlevalley said:

Yes there was.  Yes they do.  

They go by E-lee-as all three of them, until they move to Canada/US, not that it matters 🙂 

(don't ask me about how to pronounce Öhlund, Markström, Åman)

To me D-Petey already stuck