Who is the most boring generic random player that has ever played for the Canucks ?

Blue

5 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

Peter Schaefer. Used to sit on the bench looking completely disinterested, with that weird, impossible curve in his stick blade.

That's a good one. He played 16 games in 2011 according to DB and I did not recognize him or his name at all.

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

This guy shouldn't count because he was so uniquely bad and not merely average or generic. He was so bad that Nonis had to buy him out in his 2nd year on a 1 million dollar deal.

Marc Chouinard 

vancouver-canada-marc-chouinard-of-the-v

Didn't he score the first goal of the season like three or four times in a row?

• Cheers 1

Eddie Hatoum. Claimed in the expansion draft from Detroit in June 1970. Played 26 games as a Canuck, scoring one goal and adding three assists and a -14 +/-. In 1971 he was traded along with Jim Wiste to the Seattle Totems of the minor pro Western Hockey League in exchange for Bobby Schmautz. I have never before found another trade between an NHL team and a minor pro league. Neither Wiste nor Hatoum ever played another NHL game, while Schmautz played 764 games, scoring 271 goals and 283 assists. Hatoum is also the only NHL player born in Beirut, Lebanon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, Snoop Hogg said:

Eric Weinrich

ABFF8A21-0076-4CE7-9341-FE869A9F9610.jpeg

That's a great pick

I was a teen that season when the Canucks traded for him and Keith Carney and I thought those 2 guys would lead us to the cup

Or the year prior when they went and got Sanderson, Slegr and Rucinsky at the deadline.

My pick is Darren Langdon. Not sure how this managed to have a 521 game career in the NHL. Most random guy that did nothing 

• Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, Hogs and Podz said:

Gotta be Steve Bernier... So much hype.  Was never exciting

Or....

Another one maybe even less exceptional...

Taylor Pyatt

Pyatt was a solid player and had a tragic personal story.  Bernier was a pretty funny French guy with infamous hands of stone.

Best examples are cheap, low-profile players who were neither good nor bad, and didn't play for long.  Jack Skille.  Philip Larsen.  Marc-André Gragnani, Oscar Fantenberg, Tyler Graovac...

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Josh Holden, 12 OA pick in ‘96 who was a good goal-scorer in junior but never panned out in the NHL. Had 13 pts in 46 games over 3 years then had cups of coffee in Toronto & Carolina before heading off to Europe. Boring because you always hoped for more from him.

Random but def not boring - Derek Sanderson.

• Upvote 1