Who is the most boring generic random player that has ever played for the Canucks ?

Blue

6 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Barry Pederson

Had three 40 goal seasons with Boston before we traded him for Cam Neely

He scored two 20 something goal seasons for us then fell off the map. We traded him to TO for one season then traded back for him the next season?

(OEL deja vu all over again.)

NB: it was a cold rainy September morning when they announced this trade and the rain hid my teenage tears as I walked to the bus stop.

Screenshot_20231209_084258_Google.jpg

I can't really agree with this.  For his time in Vancouver, a good handful of seasons, he more or less was in the mix for the team scoring lead every single year with Smyl, Tanti, Sundstrom and Skriko.  He was pretty much a slam dunk Hall of Famer before his shoulder problems in Boston and even after them he was basically a point a game guy, just no longer a 110 point guy.  That said he was quite a good Canuck.  In fact at the time of his departure I would say one of the best Canucks of all time.  Very few Canucks had ever had three straight 70 point seasons and that was fairly close to as good as any Canuck ever did in any season until Pavel Bure.

He gets a real bum rap because we traded Neely for him.

Edited by Kevin Biestra
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

I can't really agree with this.  For his time in Vancouver, a good handful of seasons, he more or less was in the mix for the team scoring lead every single year with Smyl, Tanti, Sundstrom and Skriko.  He was pretty much a slam dunk Hall of Famer before his shoulder problems in Boston and even after them he was basically a point a game guy, just no longer a 110 point guy.  That said he was quite a good Canuck.  In fact at the time of his departure I would say one of the best Canucks of all time.  Very few Canucks had ever had three straight 70 point seasons and that was fairly close to as good as any Canuck ever did in any season until Pavel Bure.

He gets a real bum rap because we traded Neely for him.

Yes I agree he did have 2 good 70 point seasons but that was pretty much it. More of an assist man than a goal scorer. 2 good years with us then faded off the last 2 years. Especially the 4th year.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Yes I agree he did have 2 good 70 point seasons but that was pretty much it. More of an assist man than a goal scorer. 2 good years with us then faded off the last 2 years. Especially the 4th year.

Three 70 point seasons in a row...76, 76 and 71.  Then 41 points in an injury riddled 62 game season which is pretty respectable as well before being traded the next year when the entire old guard went in a housecleaning...Snepsts, Butcher, Skriko, Tanti, Pederson, etc.

Yeah he was a 20 goal man after his injuries as opposed to a 40 goal man...the shoulder affected his shot more than his passing.  And he was done by age 30...but the truth is most of the great Canucks pre-Linden and Ronning were essentially done by 30.  Ververgaert, Sedlbauer, Tanti, Skriko, Smyl, Lanz, Rota, Blight, Lalonde, Tallon, Guevremont, Oddleifson, Kevin McCarthy, etc.  Most were actually done by 30 and those that kept playing a little bit past like Smyl had lost their scoring and were there for leadership.  Pederson doesn't stand out at all for a Canuck with his career ending at that age.

Edit:  I stand corrected...two 70 point seasons, one of the ones I listed was with Boston.

Edited by Kevin Biestra
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Three 70 point seasons in a row...76, 76 and 71.  Then 41 points in an injury riddled 62 game season which is pretty respectable as well before being traded the next year when the entire old guard went in a housecleaning...Snepsts, Butcher, Skriko, Tanti, Pederson, etc.

Yeah he was a 20 goal man after his injuries as opposed to a 40 goal man...the shoulder affected his shot more than his passing.  And he was done by age 30...but the truth is most of the great Canucks pre-Linden and Ronning were essentially done by 30.  Ververgaert, Sedlbauer, Tanti, Skriko, Smyl, Lanz, Rota, Blight, Lalonde, Tallon, Guevremont, Oddleifson, Kevin McCarthy, etc.  Most were actually done by 30 and those that kept playing a little bit past like Smyl had lost their scoring and were there for leadership.  Pederson doesn't stand out at all for a Canuck with his career ending at that age.

Nope two 70 point seasons. The 70 point season for Boston can go kick rocks.

Screenshot_20231209_155430_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Vintage 1

23 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

Andy Schliebner

Another bland, crappy D "prospect" drafted by the Nux over 40 years ago.

Played 84 games over 3 seasons, and was -33

NHL Totals   84 2 11 13 74   6 0 0 0 0

Andy Schliebener Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

He wasn't a world beater but he was pretty respectable for maybe 10th on the depth chart in 1982 and did play a few games on the run to the final...which is something only a very very small minority of Canucks can say they accomplished.