Who is the most boring generic random player that has ever played for the Canucks ?

Blue

1 hour ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Three 70 point seasons in a row...76, 76 and 71.  Then 41 points in an injury riddled 62 game season which is pretty respectable as well before being traded the next year when the entire old guard went in a housecleaning...Snepsts, Butcher, Skriko, Tanti, Pederson, etc.

Yeah he was a 20 goal man after his injuries as opposed to a 40 goal man...the shoulder affected his shot more than his passing.  And he was done by age 30...but the truth is most of the great Canucks pre-Linden and Ronning were essentially done by 30.  Ververgaert, Sedlbauer, Tanti, Skriko, Smyl, Lanz, Rota, Blight, Lalonde, Tallon, Guevremont, Oddleifson, Kevin McCarthy, etc.  Most were actually done by 30 and those that kept playing a little bit past like Smyl had lost their scoring and were there for leadership.  Pederson doesn't stand out at all for a Canuck with his career ending at that age.

You’re right about being done by 30. Tanti & Pederson went to Pittsburgh in the trade for McBain & Dan Quinn and both were finished in the NHL after the ‘92 season. For some reason I always thought of Pederson as having a shortened career but not Tanti, and yet they both played right around 700 games. Add that to the list of things I learned today.

• Vintage 1

14 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

He wasn't a world beater but he was pretty respectable for maybe 10th on the depth chart in 1982 and did play a few games on the run to the final...which is something only a very very small minority of Canucks can say they accomplished.

14 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

He wasn't a world beater but he was pretty respectable for maybe 10th on the depth chart in 1982 and did play a few games on the run to the final...which is something only a very very small minority of Canucks can say they accomplished.

Yes, I remember that run, I had season tix in '82. He only got into 3 games, and had zeroes across the board, just like in the handful of games he played during the season. He had zero shot, couldn't pass. He was worse than Anders Eldebrink. 

Neil Belland was much better in the run, and that's not saying much haha.

Anyway, you don't really want to debate Andy Schliebner, do you? 😜😁

• Vintage 1

How did we get to 5 pages without Zac Dalpe. This guy played on the Sedin line for a half a game once. I made a thread about it  called 'Zac Dalpe. From the outhouse to the penthouse' Hey it still exists! https://forums.hfboards.com/threads/zac-dalpe-from-the-outhouse-to-the-penthouse.1579725/

479743927.jpeg

Edited by Blue
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

Hey wait a minute, does anyone actually remember Jim Benning as a player? 

Yup. I remember being well aware of his stats from junior, and being stoked with this offensive D-Man coming over from the Laffs....and then his offense and everything else dried up with our squad haha...his 2nd year was good though.

• Vintage 1

13 hours ago, Bob Long said:

Hey wait a minute, does anyone actually remember Jim Benning as a player? 

Yeah he was actually pretty good.  Scored 50 points from the blueline at least once and won the Canucks defenseman of the year award one season.  We traded Rick Lanz for him I think...both had careers that were ending before age 30...as was usually the case with Canucks back then.  He was part of the veteran group during Linden's rookie season and the 1989 series against Calgary.  He wasn't really considered part of the leadership group given how the Canucks had an embarrassment of riches in that regard at the time - Snepsts, Smyl, Reinhart, Mel Bridgman, Tanti, Skriko, Pederson, etc. - but he was certainly a legit NHLer.

3 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

(LD) Yann Sauve

image.png.792f51a9fe97e5db4d7e91ac2f0dd644.png

Only played 8 NHL (VAN) games though

Its funny how we remember these names. It always feels like they played way more games than they did. Shinkeruk and Sherokov played around 7 or 8 games combined.. at least thats what is says on their DB