Who is the most boring generic random player that has ever played for the Canucks ?

Blue

12 hours ago, Captkirk888 said:

He had 14 fights for us. Lost the majority. But yeah, I guess that was a bit fun.

As for the majority.   See the below.   I think you're thinking about his Sandman , Probert and Twist fights.   Those guys were monsters, and probably the 3 best fighters, all-time for their respective clubs.    Probert gets both Detroit and CHI, Twist for sure St. Louis, and Sandy McCarthy CAL.    IMO, his quality of competition, was much higher than Gino's during his time with us.    Gino already established himself by then of course. 

Can't fault him for fighting Probert as a rookie, or taking on Tony Twist.   He wasn't as good as Antoski, but like Antoski, his quality of competition was excellent, and didn't hide or shy away from or try and stick to the lesser fighters.    Stajonov would beat up Tom Wilson.   Same and do just fine against Reeves.   First fight against Sandy McCarthy, who was making mince meat out of the league back then. 

Definitely wasn't boring.    Couldn't add the fight, but he also dropped Cam Janssen, the same guy who fought Rypien later in his career, and aside from Matt Carkner, the only decent heavy, light heavy, he fought too.   Actually if you rank Stajanov, he was one of the better fighters the teams had, which is why his name comes up sometimes.   Better then Brad May, better then anyone this teams had probably since Bieksa or Rypien, plus he was a heavyweight.    He wasn't fighting the easy guys, and the few times he did, he cleaned their clocks.      Shoulder issues ruined his career.    He did have a chance at a decent one, instead is just a footnote connected to Naslund.    I don't imagine Bieksa or Rypien, would have had it easy fighting the same guys.   Eager beat Bieksa, and Gary Robert's at 41 beat the tar out of 230 Ben Eager.   

PS:   Kids these days don't look like the first video, and don't do this anymore.   It used to be normal for about 3 decades. 

IMG_3555.png

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, IBatch said:

As for the majority.   See the below.   I think you're thinking about his Sandman , Probert and Twist fights.   Those guys were monsters, and probably the 3 best fighters, all-time for their respective clubs.    Probert gets both Detroit and CHI, Twist for sure St. Louis, and Sandy McCarthy CAL.    IMO, his quality of competition, was much higher than Gino's during his time with us.    Gino already established himself by then of course. 

Can't fault him for fighting Probert as a rookie, or taking on Tony Twist.   He wasn't as good as Antoski, but like Antoski, his quality of competition was excellent, and didn't hide or shy away from or try and stick to the lesser fighters.    Stajonov would beat up Tom Wilson.   Same and do just fine against Reeves.   First fight against Sandy McCarthy, who was making mince meat out of the league back then. 

Definitely wasn't boring.    Couldn't add the fight, but he also dropped Cam Janssen, the same guy who fought Rypien later in his career, and aside from Matt Carkner, the only decent heavy, light heavy, he fought too.   Actually if you rank Stajanov, he was one of the better fighters the teams had, which is why his name comes up sometimes.   Better then Brad May, better then anyone this teams had probably since Bieksa or Rypien, plus he was a heavyweight.    He wasn't fighting the easy guys, and the few times he did, he cleaned their clocks.      Shoulder issues ruined his career.    He did have a chance at a decent one, instead is just a footnote connected to Naslund.    I don't imagine Bieksa or Rypien, would have had it easy fighting the same guys.   Eager beat Bieksa, and Gary Robert's at 41 beat the tar out of 230 Ben Eager.   

PS:   Kids these days don't look like the first video, and don't do this anymore.   It used to be normal for about 3 decades. 

IMG_3555.png

Thanks for doing the research, I was too lazy. I knew he could fight, but I was looking at it from the what does he give to the team otherwise perspective. Which was not much at all. He had a lot of unfilled potential before the injury, short career after.

• Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...