Who is the most boring generic random player that has ever played for the Canucks ?

Blue

Nobody has mentioned good ol' Walt Sidsnaim, 1975-72, played Center Defense. Shot right, swept left. When he retired he didn't say anything and left his gear in his locker. Everyone assumed he was still on the team. Kept getting paid for another 3 1/2 years until one cheque came back "RTS - No Forwarding Address". After that, he dropped out of circulation, though people still sometimes mention his name when trying to recall some vague memory of someone they once thought they knew. Nice guy, they say.

• Haha 2

On 12/9/2023 at 9:58 PM, Blue said:

I disagree on Matthias. He had some good stretches of hockey

Yea. You're right. My memory eludes me. My older mind is not my young mind these days. It was another blonde dude we got from Florida around the same time Mathias played for us that I meant to say.    ?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

Okay. I got motivated and searched around with Google; David Booth. That's who I had in mind in my post earlier on. Not Mathias. And while I'm at it.........

Reid Boucher

Jayson Megna

Man. There's a whole whack of players you can name in this thread. Just look at the Utica Comet rosters when they were our farm team! A few have already been named in here. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Greg Hawgood.

Kamloops Blazers superstar, who was drafted in the 10th round, by Boston Bruins

Left Handed D-man. Who scored 133 Points in 63 games in 1987-1988.

His best years he'd get 40, to 38 points in the NHL.

In the dark days in 1999-2001 was a Vancouver Canuck.

You didn't even notice him getting 22 points

On 12/9/2023 at 8:48 AM, Hairy Kneel said:

Barry Pederson

Had three 40 goal seasons with Boston before we traded him for Cam Neely

He scored two 20 something goal seasons for us then fell off the map. We traded him to TO for one season then traded back for him the next season?

(OEL deja vu all over again.)

NB: it was a cold rainy September morning when they announced this trade and the rain hid my teenage tears as I walked to the bus stop.

Screenshot_20231209_084258_Google.jpg

He had 76 and 71 points in his first two seasons and injuries got him after that.  Hardly boring.  He was a heckuva player in his prime

On 12/9/2023 at 1:12 AM, Curmudgeon said:

Eddie Hatoum. Claimed in the expansion draft from Detroit in June 1970. Played 26 games as a Canuck, scoring one goal and adding three assists and a -14 +/-. In 1971 he was traded along with Jim Wiste to the Seattle Totems of the minor pro Western Hockey League in exchange for Bobby Schmautz. I have never before found another trade between an NHL team and a minor pro league. Neither Wiste nor Hatoum ever played another NHL game, while Schmautz played 764 games, scoring 271 goals and 283 assists. Hatoum is also the only NHL player born in Beirut, Lebanon.

Good old Sock Hatoum.

Thanks for the memories. 

• Like 1

For me low key: everyone who played in and before tomlinsons time LOL!!!! Seriously tho

One guy? Travis Green.... I love Tocchets interviews he has a good measure of himself 

and is not overly verbose. Travis Green was a total snore fest.

I find Greener an interesting add in NJ, i like that our comeback took some of the shine off Greens "look at me now moment". 

Jack Hughes crying like a B*tch after the missed call was priceless. I think we got the better Hughes he looked like Jack "Joffrey"

Hughes there for a moment hahah. 

Edited by Shirotashi
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Shirotashi said:

For me low key: everyone who played in and before tomlinsons time LOL!!!! Seriously tho

One guy? Travis Green.... I love Tocchets interviews he has a good measure of himself 

and is not overly verbose. 

Travis Green was a total snore fest. I find him an interesting add in NJ, i like that our comeback 

took some of the shine off Greens "look at me now moment".  Jack Hughes crying like a B*tch after

the missed call was priceless. I think we got the better Hughes he looked like Jack "Joffrey" Hughes 

there for a moment hahah. 

Worst coach ever.

• Like 1

On 12/9/2023 at 6:01 PM, Blue said:

Good one. Also Fanner Glass un the backround for good measure

Tanner Glass definitely didn't end up boring....  Was a warrior.   No he wasn't filling the net, it also wasn't why he was on our team, and also why he went on to have a pretty long career elsewhere.    We could use a mucker like him that's the first one in on any dust up, willing to sacrifice his body no matter what - including against guys way above his weight class.    Was in OTT the game he had the balls to drop them with the same guy that knocked Ryper to the ice (Carkner, an old school SOB, did the same to Glass too).   He is a good example of a decade long player, and he did get a lot better at his craft too.   Kept trying, often had one of if not the "fight of the year", at a time when that sort of thing was fading fast.  

Edited by IBatch
  • Vintage 1

7 hours ago, Dizzle said:

Taylor Pyatt for me. Guy was about as bland a hockey player as you could find. 

He's a great example.   Always bugs me when a 5'4-5'11 player is out there doing anything and everything for their team.   Smyl, Ronning, Fluery, Wendel Clark, Domi, Chelios...Nobody will ever add Garland to this list, or Hogs for that matter,  when there are guys like Pyatt with massive physical gifts and barely engage or finish a check.    Biega, if Pyatt was out there throwing hits at everything that moved AND popping 20 goals in, we'd actually be talking fondly about him instead.   I'd even consider adding goalies to this list.    King Richard, Furh (who was an incredible athlete, and gym rat), Vernon, Irbe ... versus monster sized goalies like Ben Bishop who's superpower literally is they are just huge.   Drop down and fill the net.   Yeah!   That's boring goaltending. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Vintage 1