Who is the most boring generic random player that has ever played for the Canucks ?

Blue

On 12/8/2023 at 11:50 PM, Blue said:

This guy shouldn't count because he was so uniquely bad and not merely average or generic. He was so bad that Nonis had to buy him out in his 2nd year on a 1 million dollar deal.

Marc Chouinard 

vancouver-canada-marc-chouinard-of-the-v

I think this has to be the winner 😂😂😂

Like how do you get bought out of a 1 mill contract!

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Mark Messier,

0 games played like a leader…

While not boring or generic by the normal standard.

Played like nothing while here…and there is real scientific evidence he didn’t actually play here, and that year never actually existed in the first place.

As he sucked so hard he created a vacuum through time. The continuous mass sucking created a temporary black hole in space, thus eliminating the entire history of his existence here into oblivion. Luckily no other lives were lost in the event.

My argument is as such. If boring and generic means the person was so forgetful they barely existed as a Canuck…well, Mark Messier never actually existed a Canuck, it’s science.

How boring and generic is that.

IMG_7996.jpeg

As the CEO of this thread ,I endorse this take. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, HOCKEYGOD77 said:

KYLE WELWOOD..THE OTHER ONE CRAIG COXE...WHAT ABOUT FAT RUSSIAN WAS IN HOTDOG LINE MORE THAN CANUCK LINE UP..played with LARIONOV...I THINK..MOE LEMAY AND PETR SKRIKO

Petri Skriko 4 consecutive 30 goal seasons,  twice led the team in scoring, 3 hat tricks in 8 days, first Canuck player ever to be named NHL player of the month….yawn, or should I say YAWN!

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

52 minutes ago, HOCKEYGOD77 said:

KYLE WELWOOD..THE OTHER ONE CRAIG COXE...WHAT ABOUT FAT RUSSIAN WAS IN HOTDOG LINE MORE THAN CANUCK LINE UP..played with LARIONOV...I THINK..MOE LEMAY AND PETR SKRIKO

Did you just group Petri Skriko in with boring and generic players?  The guy was arguably the best player on the team during his years in Vancouver and wouldn't be terribly out of place in the ROH.  It was basically a dead heat for the team scoring title every year with Skriko, Smyl, Pederson, Sundstrom and Tanti.  The guy was awesome.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Did you just group Petri Skriko in with boring and generic players?  The guy was arguably the best player on the team during his years in Vancouver and wouldn't be terribly out of place in the ROH.  It was basically a dead heat for the team scoring title every year with Skriko, Smyl, Pederson, Sundstrom and Tanti.  The guy was awesome.

That was an amazing week (8 days) and I remember it well.  Nicknamed “Streak” for a reason. 

Nov 18/86   3 g      vs Calgary

Nov 21/86   4g       vs NYR

Nov 25/86   2g 2a  vs LA

Nov 26/86   3g       vs LA 

Edited by 4petesake
  • Vintage 1

On 12/21/2023 at 1:20 AM, Kevin Biestra said:

SOMEONE DOESN'T KNOW HOCKEY 77 TIMES OVER! 😂

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

On 12/8/2023 at 11:52 PM, Miss Korea said:

Pyatt was a solid player and had a tragic personal story.  Bernier was a pretty funny French guy with infamous hands of stone.

Best examples are cheap, low-profile players who were neither good nor bad, and didn't play for long.  Jack Skille.  Philip Larsen.  Marc-André Gragnani, Oscar Fantenberg, Tyler Graovac...

Jose Charboneau 

On 12/9/2023 at 6:43 AM, IBatch said:

Boring:

Jim Benning 

Marek Malik

Trent Klatt

Bryan Allen 

Beauvillier

Beranek

Cullimore 

Dermott

Dickinson 

LE

Sam Gagne

Bear 

Bear

Granlund 

Helmer

Hutton

Jokinen

Kron

Noonan

Poolman

Plavsic

Pyatt

Schaller

Studnicka 

Strudwick (ok at least he fought)

Valk

Zezel

There are others.   Some of them, played better elsewhere.   And no boring doesn't equal  bad either, not always anyways.     

Bear was so bring you put him on the list twice? Lol