Who is the most boring generic random player that has ever played for the Canucks ?

Blue

20 minutes ago, Captkirk888 said:

I have read the whole thread and I don’t believe anyone mentioned Alek Stojanov.

1 assist in 62 games as a Canuck.

The only thing not boring about him is that we got Naslund straight up for Alex from Pittsburg. Probably one of the biggest heists ever.

Hard to believe how bad we screwed Pittsburgh on that one. But he was in the shadows of both Lemieux and Jagr. 

34 minutes ago, Captkirk888 said:

Indeed. Here is the story on that from Canucks Army if you are interested….

https://canucksarmy.com/news/what-vancouver-canucks-trade-markus-naslund

It's a good read. Could have done without the hypotheticals though. But the Sedins and Bertuzzi would have been interesting.

• Cheers 1

17 hours ago, Captkirk888 said:

The other one right?

I went to school in grade 6 and this Greg Adams ( the other one) character shows up in grade 7. We just had an arena in our city ( town) and man could that guy play hockey!! He kept telling everyone how he was going to play in the nhl… you should have seen him play ball hockey in the school parking lot!!! He was only here for one year then his family moved down island… a few years later he was on Nanaimo Clippers, soon after he was on Victorias team. Pretty cool experience 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Westcoasting said:

I went to school in grade 6 and this Greg Adams ( the other one) character shows up in grade 7. We just had an arena in our city ( town) and man could that guy play hockey!! He kept telling everyone how he was going to play in the nhl… you should have seen him play ball hockey in the school parking lot!!! He was only here for one year then his family moved down island… a few years later he was on Nanaimo Clippers, soon after he was on Victorias team. Pretty cool experience 🙂

Although he was only with the Canucks for one season, as you are probably aware, that Greg played 545 games in the NHL.

i went to school in the same era with a Greg Adam’s, he didn’t make the NHL tho, lol.

• Cheers 1

21 hours ago, Captkirk888 said:

I have read the whole thread and I don’t believe anyone mentioned Alek Stojanov.

The only thing not boring about him is that we got Naslund straight up for Alex from Pittsburg. Probably one of the biggest heists ever.

At least he was a mountain and would drop them, but yes when Antoski beats you out of a spot ... then whoopsie at the draft table.    Was still regarded fairly well, and it was highway robbery for sure. 

• Cheers 1

On 12/20/2023 at 10:27 PM, HOCKEYGOD77 said:

KYLE WELWOOD..THE OTHER ONE CRAIG COXE...WHAT ABOUT FAT RUSSIAN WAS IN HOTDOG LINE MORE THAN CANUCK LINE UP..played with LARIONOV...I THINK..MOE LEMAY AND PETR SKRIKO

Hey hey hey, your keyboard was wokring there for about 5% of the time.  What you gotta do is figure out how you managed to draw out that 5% and channel that 5% more often, so that your caps lock key doesn't get burnt out.  :hurhur:

On 12/10/2023 at 6:47 PM, Blue said:

Him and Sergei Shirokov are the same player in my mind

4794.jpg

Just to be fair, he was in the dog house. AV never liked him for some reason, and hasn’t given him a chance to shine. He ended up heading back to Russia after being sent back down to the Manitoba Moose. 

On 12/27/2023 at 2:07 PM, Iron Man said:

Rob Davison. His career highlight was scoring that 200 foot goal against Toskala as an Islander but he was non-existent with us.

23 games in 2008/9. Totally forgot he existed.

Was that Toskala or Nabokov though ?

On 12/26/2023 at 4:23 PM, Captkirk888 said:

Stojanov was a fighter though. Can that be boring? I can't remember. If hope he didn't fight like he played.lol