[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Carolina Hurricanes, Rogers Arena, Dec 9, 7PM - Da Let's Break Winsy-Losey Streak and Smash-em Bash-em Game

Rocket-68

Management Not Done Tinkering  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What should JR & PA do next? Multiple Choice Allowed - Players in brackets are my personal opinion and can be ignored / substituted for in comments - nod to TheGuardian

• Nothing, other than plan the Stanley Cup Parade route!
    • Hughes - ??? ... Honker / Big Zeke ... ... FIND HUGGY A PARTNER FOR THE LOVE OF GOD
    • Package up Kuz and Myers for a top Six Forward (Pavel Buchnevich) and draft pick(s)
    • Don't trade Kuz for less than a king's ransom, BUT package up Garland / Meyers for picks and bring up Podz, sign Bear
    • Trade Petey for a top prospect (NHL ready) and / or (Nylander) plus 1st, 2nd and 3rd ... to TO .. will need a third team involved to make work
    • ... HAHAHA ... you funny, all above suck (especially Petey to TO - what has he done to deserve such a fate) ... see my comment below
  2. 2. Do the Canucks extend Big Zeke aka Zek aka Zack aka Bobby

• No, Zeke-Zek-Zack doesn't want to play in Vancouver after much mulling over and walks into Free Agency
    • No, Zeke wanted to be paid more than Huggy so he gets jettisoned at the TDL for a Kings Ransom (from TO of all places - recall what brackets mean)
    • Yes, for about $4.5 - 5M annual but less than 6 years
    • Yes, not sure on length but will be between $5 - 6M
    • Yes, for 7 or 8 years in the $4.25M plus / minus $250,000 annually
    • ... none of the above, see my thoughts in comments below

19 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

Final little stat tidbit

When Pettey scores a goal the canucks are 7-1. When Hughes scores also 7-1 record.

Miller scores, canucks record is 8-5-1, Boeser scores, 8-3.

More interesting in how vital scoring besides the miller line is this year i.e. we need more pettey or need quinn to do everything and score

When Garland scores we are perfect 2-0 . He’s such a great passer, he should fake his shot and pass it into the net more.

Go Canucks and Happy November Birthday Deb 🤪

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Thank you.

My bday was actually back in October. I told my brother not to get me anything....he's gone WAY overboard with extravagant gifts for me in the past few years and I really appreciate it but didn't need him doing that. He works hard for his money.

The first one was explained away as making up for lost time when he wasn't behaving very brotherly (I stood by him through some really difficult years...that even put my life in danger at times....drugs are a cruel reality folks). OK, fine...I accepted one really nice gift (TV). Then another one showed up. And another. He's always been super generous and that was part of his downfall as people glommed on to that.

It wasn't necessary for him to shower me with stuff....he didn't have to go crazy to make up for lost time and so I told him to stop. Just be happy and live a good life...that's the best gift.

But yes, I will accept an invite to the game any time. Of course. I ain't stupid!! 😆

Building new memories together....good ones.

I remember that back in October the whole site was celebrating your B-Day, and Canucks joined the party!. Hopefully, it will be the case today as well.

Family and health are two foundation pieces in our life.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

36 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

Final little stat tidbit

When Pettey scores a goal the canucks are 7-1. When Hughes scores also 7-1 record.

More interesting in how vital scoring besides the miller line is this year i.e. we need more pettey or need quinn to do everything and score

What happens when all four hit the scoreboard?  :hurhur:

• Vintage 1

Everyone gather around and sing Happy Birthday to our beloved Deb… don’t worry there’s cake for everyone!!

1-2-3 Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday toooooo you Happy Birthday to Debbbbbb and get a kiss from Miller too! 

yay Deb! Go Canucks!

IMG_0980.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, NucksIn50 said:

Everyone gather around and sing Happy Birthday to our beloved Deb… don’t worry there’s cake for everyone!!

1-2-3 Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday toooooo you Happy Birthday to Debbbbbb and get a kiss from Miller too! 

yay Deb! Go Canucks!

IMG_0980.jpeg

Awwww, thank you. And Johnny Canuck at the top? Perfect. Or is that DiGiuseppe?

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, NucksIn50 said:

yay Deb! Go Canucks!

IMG_0980.jpeg

That cake is as old as I am.

1 hour ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

Final little stat tidbit

Reminds me of game I went to,  CAR was a good team, we beat them 7-1, Sopel was the main man.   WCE peak era, wiped the floor with them.   

Let's beat these punks! 

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2