[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Carolina Hurricanes, Rogers Arena, Dec 9, 7PM - Da Let's Break Winsy-Losey Streak and Smash-em Bash-em Game

Rocket-68

Management Not Done Tinkering  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What should JR & PA do next? Multiple Choice Allowed - Players in brackets are my personal opinion and can be ignored / substituted for in comments - nod to TheGuardian

• Nothing, other than plan the Stanley Cup Parade route!
    • Hughes - ??? ... Honker / Big Zeke ... ... FIND HUGGY A PARTNER FOR THE LOVE OF GOD
    • Package up Kuz and Myers for a top Six Forward (Pavel Buchnevich) and draft pick(s)
    • Don't trade Kuz for less than a king's ransom, BUT package up Garland / Meyers for picks and bring up Podz, sign Bear
    • Trade Petey for a top prospect (NHL ready) and / or (Nylander) plus 1st, 2nd and 3rd ... to TO .. will need a third team involved to make work
    • ... HAHAHA ... you funny, all above suck (especially Petey to TO - what has he done to deserve such a fate) ... see my comment below
  2. 2. Do the Canucks extend Big Zeke aka Zek aka Zack aka Bobby

• No, Zeke-Zek-Zack doesn't want to play in Vancouver after much mulling over and walks into Free Agency
    • No, Zeke wanted to be paid more than Huggy so he gets jettisoned at the TDL for a Kings Ransom (from TO of all places - recall what brackets mean)
    • Yes, for about $4.5 - 5M annual but less than 6 years
    • Yes, not sure on length but will be between $5 - 6M
    • Yes, for 7 or 8 years in the $4.25M plus / minus $250,000 annually
    • ... none of the above, see my thoughts in comments below

2 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Lol.  We essentially dealt a 1st & 2nd round pick for Gudbranson.  Zadorov cost us a 3rd and a 5th round pick.

Hindsight is 20/20 ... that and Dumbo got fleeced more than once as GM during his tenure. Knowing then what all know now, not even Mad Mike Milbury would have done a 1st and 2nd (equivalent) for Gudbradsonschmechsteinweinerssnickel.

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The Alf’s farm was in Chilliwack. Way better out there than in the concrete boxes all stacked up downtown. 

I use to live in Vancouver and in one of those concrete boxes but as I got older and had a kid I wanted something more for my son so I sold my concrete box and bought a farm in Chilliwack.  5 years later and now my son is 6 I know I did the right thing

• Like 2
  • Vintage 2

Kinda funny how last year we lost all of our southeast road trip except for a late comeback (last min goal from boeser) and SO win vs the Canes. This time they have lost their last 3 on their canada roadtrip, so they may be looking at us for revenge.

Rod was mad at the oilers game and then they took a 2-0 lead and lost to the flames. 

I think they'll be motivated, so canucks better bring their game (yes mr pettersson, you too)

Edited by OldFaithfulcap
h
  • Vintage 1

14 minutes ago, Conscience said:

Gudbranson is one of the worst contracts in the league and on a bottom feeder. Lets strive to be better 

Myers getting $2 million more a year may suggest your statement is not accurate. No way today's management would make that deal, so its a freebie.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

Kinda funny how last year we lost all of our southeast road trip except for a late comeback (last min goal from boeser) and SO win vs the Canes. This time they have lost their last 3 on their canada roadtrip, so they may be looking at us for revenge.

Rod was mad at the oilers game and then they took a 2-0 lead and lost to the flames. 

I think they'll be motivated, so canucks better bring their game (yes mr pettersson, you too)

I wish we could trade Coaches after that Carolina players would want Tocchet and we need some Rod

24 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

again, 2nd pairing for us. We have Soucy as well, so you could consider them interchangeable on a 2nd or 3rd pairing behind Hughes. 

Again no, you don't pay a 3rd pairing guy 2nd pairing money.  Thats how you get in a mess, see myers

15 minutes ago, CanuckFanForever said:

I wish we could trade Coaches after that Carolina players would want Tocchet and we need some Rod

I'm not a tocchet fan but he's not going anywhere for a while since they signed him through 24-25 and rutherford hand picked him. 

Rod's a great defensive coach and a BC boy so i'd be fine with him if it was possible.

Still babcock? Damn hard to take you seriously. 

27 minutes ago, CanuckFanForever said:

Okay okay, we get it. You hate Tocchet and you hate him a lot. I think you should really start a anti Tocchet thread with stats to back up your diatribe.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1