[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Carolina Hurricanes, Rogers Arena, Dec 9, 7PM - Da Let's Break Winsy-Losey Streak and Smash-em Bash-em Game

Rocket-68

Management Not Done Tinkering  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What should JR & PA do next? Multiple Choice Allowed - Players in brackets are my personal opinion and can be ignored / substituted for in comments - nod to TheGuardian

• Nothing, other than plan the Stanley Cup Parade route!
    • Hughes - ??? ... Honker / Big Zeke ... ... FIND HUGGY A PARTNER FOR THE LOVE OF GOD
    • Package up Kuz and Myers for a top Six Forward (Pavel Buchnevich) and draft pick(s)
    • Don't trade Kuz for less than a king's ransom, BUT package up Garland / Meyers for picks and bring up Podz, sign Bear
    • Trade Petey for a top prospect (NHL ready) and / or (Nylander) plus 1st, 2nd and 3rd ... to TO .. will need a third team involved to make work
    • ... HAHAHA ... you funny, all above suck (especially Petey to TO - what has he done to deserve such a fate) ... see my comment below
  2. 2. Do the Canucks extend Big Zeke aka Zek aka Zack aka Bobby

• No, Zeke-Zek-Zack doesn't want to play in Vancouver after much mulling over and walks into Free Agency
    • No, Zeke wanted to be paid more than Huggy so he gets jettisoned at the TDL for a Kings Ransom (from TO of all places - recall what brackets mean)
    • Yes, for about $4.5 - 5M annual but less than 6 years
    • Yes, not sure on length but will be between $5 - 6M
    • Yes, for 7 or 8 years in the $4.25M plus / minus $250,000 annually
    • ... none of the above, see my thoughts in comments below

11 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

That looks so sick.

Wait, am I 12 again?

Well.   Yes it looks pretty sick.   With one exception. 

IMG_3472.png

IMG_3464.webp

Even with that, looks pretty boss.    But yuck.   And also still 100% worth it!

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Karma-Kazi44 said:

It kinda has to be. No other reason to send down unless someone else is coming up. But suter practice in a full contact jersey yesterday so I think it must be true 👍

RT mentioned yesterday that Suter needs 3-4 more skates...

• Cheers 2

39 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

That's a crazy overpay. 40 goal scorer + future 40 goal scorer. Terrible. OEL Garland type overpay

It's not bad. Kuz is really a 25 goal scorer with one more year remaining. Lekkerimaki is interesting but still a one dimensional prospect. Barely blue chip, if that. Crouse is your prototypical power forward. 6"4', 215, 11 goals and 16 points , 26 years of age. Value wise it's pretty close I think. He's on pace for 37 goals this year.

I would imagine they would reject that offer myself.

39 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

Mistake if they don't go back to DeSmith.

Demko has been average for the past 5-6 games

I would like to see Desmith again too, but I don't think there is any way they aren't letting Demko back in the net.

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Like 1

The poll could have just not named the posters personal preference of player to be traded, left it open ended. It ends up being with trick questions

Defence for the playoffs is paramount, anything short of thinking of a playoff group for this year and the future is not a real good plan. That said ANY experienced RHD will be worth more than a LHD. Myers' contract is also expiring, his play picking up now with a set partner and reduced role.

The Canucks are a win now team with a small window but Rutherford and Allvin seem to be fleshing it out as a playoff team for this year anyway so far.

Trading player will have to do with the future cap as much as team improvement and if the asset coming back is neutral or slightly different in skills then the saved cap space for the future tips the scales

Of three wingers that could be traded Kuzmenko would be the easiest and probably get the biggest return, but what makes him the best option also makes him the most untradeable on the team next to a couple of others. His cap it is very reasonable, the term is short and his present below level shooting percentage will even out in time, also he has been shifted all over the place with all the team as line mates making chemistry very hard to mesh and chemistry is very important for goal scoring.

This makes it between Boeser or Garland or both. OF the two with Boeser's sudden fame he becomes a player that will cost the Canucks the least if a sweetener is needed to get the most valuable cap space the next two summers. His 6.67 is reduced by OEL's BO increase to 2.7 and then 4.7.

Garland might draw attention due to his possession numbers, he carries the puck a lot. But just isn't finishing or fitting with THIS group. His 5 mil cap hit and additional 2 years of term make him harder to move but the rumours do have team's interested for a price. Rutherford/Allvin may be able to take back a dubious contract with no term and then flip it at the TDL

A real coup will be if Rutherford and Allvin can dump both cap hits.

Wingers are always easier to find than RHD or any D for that matter. Tocchet's system of board battles only requires speed and size and if his system works scoring is dependent on the top two lines and Power play, contributions from the defence and an improved PK

Maybe a Hronek trade included with one of Boeser or Garland could get a super return and the Canucks could sign Bear to take Hronek's place. A team like Buffalo, TO or Washington might consider a super deal, but I am sure there would be quite a few suitors if Hronek's name came up.

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Gotta start JT's line,and NOT Myers on D

Other teams now know to dump the puck in his corner right off opening faceoff, and we spend the next 5 minutes searching for it, with a dozen icings a goal against every second game 

I went and looked, they aren't BUT Myers appears to be the go to player to move the puck out. It must be working they have only one goal against in three games now, that includes on the PK. Oh and Hronek, Cole and Hughes have iced the puck more.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

This is it. The real bigger issue is being addressed. We haven't been playing well from period to period, full 60-minutes.

No spin ... no glossing over ... no deflecting ... we need a full 60 effort.

Also taking it to the net like Tocchet says. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Gonna be a high shots against game.

Carolina is not good in goals against, the Canucks might be able to take advantage of that.

But they are relentless as forechecking and have large human beings at forward, this could cause Hronek and Hughes some issues

Canucks cannot start the game the same way they did versus Minnesota. 

Carolina was considered a cup favourite, not the top but the same as Edmonton and they have stumbled but are getting their game back.

Win one, lose one, last game was a win. So ......