[PGT] Hurricanes at Canucks, Dec.9th

24 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

- Demko had a standout game

- Pettersson back to form

- Zadorov and Myers best defensive pair... especially standouts during PK's... they should stay together

Unfortunately Hughes had his worst game of the season... cause of two 'too many man' penalties and the guy who made the perfect pass turnover which led to Carolina goal.

And by the way, Kuzmenko has ZERO confidence left... afraid to shoot, tentative with his passes... Tocchet has ground the initiative completely out of him.  Overall I like what Tocchet has done with this team, but he has gotten it wrong with Kuzmenko.

There are dozens of teams falling all over themselves to get this guy... but Tocchet has reduced his trade value considerably.  In the first 15 games Kuzmenko might not have been scoring, but his line was piling up the goals and points.  Now he is nowhere.  Sorry, but he has been mismanaged.

Lafferty may be doing well with Pettersson, but anyone can pick up goals by being on his line... and Lafferty is not a first liner... his best previous goal total was 10... and maybe he's going good now, but its not going to last.

Well, I think that Kuz will be ok after getting out of doghouse.  Tocc wants him to understand the defensive part of the game.  He can show clips of what Hoglander did to get the promotion of the line with Miller and I think that Kuz can get back working on understanding of defensive game and try to pipe down a little bit on play calling for every faceoff and let them tell Kuz then shut up.   He hasn't earned their respect yet.. 

I can see some face/body expression by other Canucks subtle so I think Tocc wants to tone him down a little bit and just follow what Petey or Miller's direction on their normal play calling on 5 on 5 and PP situations before the faceoff.  I think he got overly active and struggle with that due to that so I think he is separating so that it doesn't really affect Petey or Miller's play too much when it comes to play calling on every faceoff.   It is perfectly ok on 4th line and let him do that but not the scoring leader of this team imho.  You do not want to get some riff if things don't work out long term on this team.  He does that in a way where their opponent's center hear it and counter that play next time.

1 hour ago, Blue said:

We will get low balled on him for the next year. Just like we were low balled on Boeser , Garlund and pretty much any of our forwards who get on the trade block 

that's coz the canucks are the masters in this league in terms of tanking the value of players they want to move.. RT is basically telling other teams in the league you can have kuzmenko for free coz i'm not going to play him at all. contending teams won't have the cap space for him unless we retain.. and non contending teams.. well kuzmenko have a 10 teams no trade...

1 minute ago, Vancan said:

Please see 1992

Awards[edit]

Records[edit]

we are talking as a Head coach not as a player

The Great one won many cups how'd he do as a Head coach

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, BIGGESTCANUCKSFANEVER said:

I dislike that comment, "we should have been up more"

you get chances but you can't capitalize on all of them otherwise games would go double digit scores for both teams every game why have goalies then

You score on the ones you capitalize and then your structure holds the lead period.

Edited by CanuckFanForever

3 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Miller is having a great season.

He has found a coach who understands him, and knows how to motivate him.

Miller has developed later into his career as a complete NHL power forward.

Where are all the negative nannies that lost there minds when we signed him, then traded Horvat now?