[PGT] Hurricanes at Canucks, Dec.9th

17 minutes ago, CanuckFanForever said:

This is so miss leading and you can't get it by me

you sure the hell didn't write as a Head coach

Huh, get one by you? No I didn’t write head coach. We all know he was an assistant in Pittsburgh. Still a coach. You want to tell Foote and Gonchar they’re not coaches? Sorry man your take is off. Some defensive inconsistencies as you’ve pointed out. That doesn’t make him a bad or inconsistent coach. The teams he was head coach of, were just downright crappy teams trying to keep their payroll as low as possible.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Actually Carolina played a good game... but the Canucks were better.  😉

I don't think Carolina played well at all tbh.  It was only the PP where they really scored.   (Bench minors nonetheless. [Gun aiming at foot.... or is it Foote?])

Edited by Juice

44 minutes ago, CanuckFanForever said:

As an assistant coach yes 

Head coach not even close

He was coaching the Yotes. How was he supposed to have a winning record?

Bruce Cassidy didn’t do so well coaching the Washington Capitals. Yet he won a Cup last year with Vegas and was very successful with the Bruins.

Edited by PistolPete13
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 2

28 minutes ago, CanuckFanForever said:

we are talking as a Head coach not as a player

The Great one won many cups how'd he do as a Head coach

By your logic, every head coach who hasn’t won a Stanley Cup is crap. Ok then now I see. 

So how does a coach go about winning that first cup then, without having to endure your sharp criticisms.? 

• Cheers 1

I was half serious when I suggested dealing Kuz at the deadline last year… but I can’t see them doing it right now.  It’s a rough patch - players have them.  

He also recently took a puck to the face - maybe he’s rattled.  He's still a top 5 skill guy on the team and we’ll need him before the season’s done.

Unless it’s for a real key piece - like that top 4 D we’re all dreaming of - I wouldn’t want to see him go.

• Cheers 1

35 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

He was coaching the Yotes. How was he supposed to have a winning record?

Bruce Cassidy didn’t do so well coaching the Washington Capitals. Yet he won a Cup last year with Vegas and was very successful with the Bruins.

Coaches are often scapegoats. but it takes a good team, and a good coach to win it all. 

• Cheers 1

Fun game tonight. Not incredibly good for our boys, but definitely fun. Petey was so improved, Myers and Zadorov were our best defense team, and Juulsen was very good (a couple of misplays). Our worst defense pairing was Quinn and Hronek. I put it down to an off night.

I've always been a JT fan and really thought he should be captain over Bo, but his inability to control his emotions, thwarted that opportunity.  He's really got it together this year and is leading the team in so many ways. IMO, if Quinn wasn't our captain (not totally sold), JT would be the obvious choice.