[PGT] Hurricanes at Canucks, Dec.9th

1 minute ago, KFAN said:

Fun game tonight. Not incredibly good for our boys, but definitely fun. Petey was so improved, Myers and Zadorov were our best defense team, and Juulsen was very good (a couple of misplays). Our worst defense pairing was Quinn and Hronek. I put it down to an off night.

I've always been a JT fan and really thought he should be captain over Bo, but his inability to control his emotions, thwarted that opportunity.  He's really got it together this year and is leading the team in so many ways. IMO, if Quinn wasn't our captain (not totally sold), JT would be the obvious choice.

I'm thinking JT plays a big role in the dressing room. With all the on ice emotions, that is the perfect place for him to show the leadership. 

• Cheers 3

Happy with the victory tonight - I thought neither team were really at their best - seems most of the goals on both sides were a result of breakdowns, goal tending, line changes or coverage.  As well as only being 1/3 into the season, this is a tough time of year for hockey as most teams will be battling it out each night as they are still in the playoffs - once the picture becomes clearer in February - we'll get the "tank for Macklin" teams on occasion so some games will not be as intense.

Was glad to see Petey step it up - I think he is pacing himself more this year - maybe trying to balance it out so he is fresher once they head into the final stretch.

Next game against Tampa will be tough- the Canucks will need to bring their A game to beat them as they always seem to have our number even if they just couple of games above 500.this season.

Rest up and enjoy the victory tonight guyz - then really go at it on Tuesday.

Just Win.jpg

8 minutes ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

I need to come clean and confess my sins… 

I have sinned 

I identify as one who said “trade Petey”

forgive me 

I was wrong……..

Sorry I Love You GIF

I also have sinned, I thought Hughes was a terrible choice of a captain but happily I admit I was wrong.

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, Googlie said:

Come on ----- he was in Tocchet's doghouse last season, when he was sitting on the 39 goal mark, and RT sat him in the pressbox.  It's the Boudreau - Hoglander thing all over again

Boudreau sat Kuz Missile too. Coaches want to win. They play the guys who help them win. 

• ThereItIs 3

1 minute ago, hockeyfan-observer said:

Happy with the victory tonight - I thought neither team were really at their best - seems most of the goals on both sides were a result of breakdowns, goal tending, line changes or coverage.  As well as only being 1/3 into the season, this is a tough time of year for hockey as most teams will be battling it out each night as they are still in the playoffs - once the picture becomes clearer in February - we'll get the "tank for Macklin" teams on occasion so some games will not be as intense.

Was glad to see Petey step it up - I think he is pacing himself more this year - maybe trying to balance it out so he is fresher once they head into the final stretch.

Next game against Tampa will be tough- the Canucks will need to bring their A game to beat them as they always seem to have our number even if they just couple of games above 500.this season.

Rest up and enjoy the victory tonight guyz - then really go at it on Tuesday.

Just Win.jpg

I secretly believe TB is the dark horse to win the East in the playoffs. A Lighting team that has not been to the finals 4 straight years, and is well rested is scary as fuck. Mark my words there purposely playing coy and playing 70ish percent till playoff time.

Sorry rambling on, main purpose was to say don't kill yourself trying to win non conference teams, do it with west teams below us. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Vancan said:

I secretly believe TB is the dark horse to win the East in the playoffs. A Lighting team that has not been to the finals 4 straight years, and is well rested is scary as fuck. Mark my words there purposely playing coy and playing 70ish percent till playoff time.

Sorry rambling on, main purpose was to say don't kill yourself trying to win non conference teams, do it with west teams below us. 

TB might miss the playoffs. They are aging out. 

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I also have sinned, I thought Hughes was a terrible choice of a captain but happily I admit I was wrong.

All is Forgiven…

I wasn’t too sure myself about Hughes

But the dude has absolutely definitely proven himself  

He has responded to the challenges and has risen above all expectations 

2 hours ago, 4petesake said:

Very good game from Myers & Zads!

Toc chose to put them on with 1:14 left even after  Carolina took a timeout. He had another chance to change them up at the faceoff with :14 but kept them out. Toc/Foote & Gonch had the d out that they wanted to close the game.

And who said size doesn't matter?

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 2

3 hours ago, cuporbust said:

He wasn't in his doghouse until he wasn't playing well, so it's Kuz that has to change , not Tocchet.  

I don't think anyone's arguing that. Just sad to see a player who was loving his game, bringing all kinds of excitement to us fans and contributing nicely to his linemates' play as well, fall from grace and end up on the end of the bench for the most part.

I think we all want him to succeed in a way that works for both Tocchet and Kuz without him having to totally reinvent himself and develop a style that takes away from what he'd been doing so well last season.

Just a sad reality now that things might not ultimately pan out for him here as he appears to be the odd man out and Sutr's return will only increase the number of quality players vying for minutes

• Cheers 1

Update on road to the playoffs:

image.png.fe149d8310b130c12dbdcc74e8035320.png

Actual results required might be easier than this, depending on how our Pacific division rivals below us play. Currently, there is a very large gap between us at (effectively) 3rd in the Pacific and the 4th place Oilers beneath us.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1