[PGT] Hurricanes at Canucks, Dec.9th

7 hours ago, -dlc- said:

and....JT Miller ties a franchise record for quickest Canuck to 40 points. No big deal, just what he does.

Exactly...Where's all the keep Horvat lovers over JT now...they all left the building..lol..

Edited by rackdawg
  • Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

We aren’t trading Kuz Missile unless the return is excellent. 

I hope not! I love seeing that guy on the ice in our jersey when he's at the top of his game, doing his thing, and putting the puck in the back of the net, all with a smile on his face. We need that smile to go with Peteys Alien and JT's mean face 😂

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

20 minutes ago, Cocanuck said:

Dont think tampa has it anymore.   Yes there is skill but there defensive play is atrocious and vasy is constantly left out to dry..  the big 5 are still there but the depth around them has changed.  Not the same team..  the reason i loved the miller trade was because i watched him play in tampa on the 3rd and 4th line.   My sons favorite team so we watched every game

And then they went on to win two cups in a row, and get back to the final , first time any teams done that since the cap came in.   Yes they are aging ... and yes you can bet they are pacing themselves, because they know how things go once the real season starts.    They aren't done yet, although Vasilevsky's injury should be something to worry about.   Jeannot isn't Coleman either.     They've still got a couple cracks at the bat, just not the top dog anymore.   

• Cheers 1

Just now, IBatch said:

And then they went on to win two cups in a row, and get back to the final , first time any teams done that since the cap came in.   Yes they are aging ... and yes you can bet they are pacing themselves, because they know how things go once the real season starts.    They aren't done yet, although Vasilevsky's injury should be something to worry about.   Jeannot isn't Coleman either.     They've still got a couple cracks at the bat, just not the top dog anymore.   

IMHAO that club is cooked. Their core is old and slow. They will miss the playoffs. 

2 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Yes they were one of the very best teams in the last 30 years,,  that team was quite a bit different then this current one..  they may win a series but they wont be able to flip the switch as easy as it was to do three years ago.  

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

IMHAO that club is cooked. Their core is old and slow. They will miss the playoffs. 

Speaking of old and slow cores, I'm surprised how the Caps are still hanging so far. Not much thanks to OV tho, the machine needs some oil if he wants to catch Gretzky.

• Vintage 1

3 hours ago, IBatch said:

We should be fine with 97 points...as in safe.   Crazy to be able to say this, approaching mid Dec... We only need to be something like 6 games above .500 for the rest of the season.   Plus we have barely seen any OT (that's amazing!), our RW and ROW has a very comfortable lead on any tie breakers.    Know it hasn't been nearly as much fun as our start.   It shows that the team is buying into systems.   Which of course, is there so when players are flat, the team still can win games, and have something to fall back on.   It's not just goaltending,  getting us points, or keeping us from drowning.   We tread some water ... and well, would be seriously disappointed, if we didn't make it.  

The rest of this month (despite some tough teams) is a favourable schedule to gain some ground again.   Believe we will.   Home ice, is going to be an awfully important thing.   Given we are almost certainly going to be playing one of LA, Vegas, Dallas or COL the first round.    There is a chance however, that we could make our own luck.   And play either EDM or a wild card from the Central.   Sure hope that's the case. 

The coaches also have done a great job managing 3rd periods. When Suter is back it will be a bit easier.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, cuporbust said:

The caps were a terrible defensive team when they won the cup. Cuporbust 😉 as long as they stay close to where they are in the standings,  who cares.

Actually, it wasn't until the Caps committed to be better defensively that they won the Cup.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

20 minutes ago, rackdawg said:

Exactly...Where's all the keep Horvat lovers over JT now...they all left the building..lol..

Nope, still here and I still would have traded miller for a huge haul.  He's playing great, as everyone said he would (including  those of us wanting a deal), but the return from a miller deal would have provided a lot to the lineup as well....... we'll never know, of course, but they could have been just as successful in that scenario .........though a year or two further down the road, imo 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

Actually, it wasn't until the Caps committed to be better defensively that they won the Cup.

Interestingly enough, their GA had increased from the 2-3 years prior to when they won the cup, but their GF had decreased in that time. They scored less and let in more goals but played into a better system for sure. 

• Vintage 1

25 minutes ago, Super19 said:

Speaking of old and slow cores, I'm surprised how the Caps are still hanging so far. Not much thanks to OV tho, the machine needs some oil if he wants to catch Gretzky.

I could see them, the Caps, going after Kuz to help with their scoring. 

• ThereItIs 1

9 minutes ago, stawns said:

Nope, still here and I still would have traded miller for a huge haul.  He's playing great, as everyone said he would (including  those of us wanting a deal), but the return from a miller deal would have provided a lot to the lineup as well....... we'll never know, of course, but they could have been just as successful in that scenario .........though a year or two further down the road, imo 

Even if we got Hronek for Miller (so equal return) we are still stuck with Bo at 8.5 x 8. Bo would be his regular 60-70 point guy who doesn’t drive play and is easy to play against. There really is no comparison between Miller and Bo. Miller is by far the superior player. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

13 minutes ago, stawns said:

The 4 piece deal wasn't there 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

6 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Exactly. I can admit when I am wrong and I wanted Bo over JT. I was dead wrong. I am fully behind JT and the intangibles he brings. Just so impressed with him. 

No kidding.  JT is arguably the best centre in the entire league right now.  He literally does it all.  Hypothetical scenarios are stupid.  They could easily go both ways.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Kuz Missile for that McMichael guy? 

Would it be too greedy to ask for a little pick as well? I dont think I'd have the balls (or the heart... that smile.. lol) to trade Kuz for McMichael outright. McMichael is still growing his game, so it'd be an investment for sure. it looks like McMichael is in a top 6 role in Washington, I wonder who will finish with more points this season. 

If the Canucks do give up on Kuz, knowing that we didn't pay a premium for him might make it easier for Washington to take him just for a guy like McMichael.

Edited by Super19

47 minutes ago, IBatch said:

We've always seemed to struggle against TBL too.  When was the last time we've had a decisive win over them?  

• Huggy Bear 1

5 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Nice grind it out win. Tocchet should be pretty happy with that. 
Hopefully Kuz gets through this slump soon. 

2 minutes ago, Zodiak said:

Kuzy will be fine. Remember Boes last year. He was as good as gone 

Let's be real.  If Kuz figures things out and gets back to be a 30 to 40 goal player, it means Petey will be unleashed, and this team will be a Stanley cup contender.