[PGT] Hurricanes at Canucks, Dec.9th

5 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Let's be real.  If Kuz figures things out and gets back to be a 30 to 40 goal player, it means Petey will be unleashed, and this team will be a Stanley cup contender.

Pretty close maybe add a third line centre with size

Great game last night. 

Team starting to play fast with structure again. 

Didn't give the canes much. 

Is Petey back? If he plays like this while the rest of the team keeps doing what they are doing, this team is going to be scary down the stretch. I really hope Petey had an injury because him disappearing like this makes me worried it could happen again 

Lastly, all this trade Kuz talks. 

Let me ask this though. 

Is Lafferty a flash in the pan or can he sustain his play on that line? Love the speed size and forecheck along with defensive play but again, we need him to play like this reliably for the remainder of the season and playoffs. 

I love Kuz but right now Lafferty is bringing more to the table. 

A lot of us were stoked at the value PDG was bringing in the beginning of the season but he's gone back to what he is. A bottom 6 grinder who can play up in a pinch but could just as easily get waived. It would be terrible to trade Kuz and then find out Lafferty isn't the guy to replace him. 

I would rather work with Kuz until deadline and see if he can pick up his play before dealing him

36 minutes ago, Rekker said:

You still on that train Stawns? C'mon. Unless you exactly know what was offered, or what was going to be offered. Even if you did, you don't know if it would of worked out. We have the here and now, we have facts, can't rule on hypotheticals.

He asked I answered, do you have a problem with that?

1 minute ago, stawns said:

He asked I answered, do you have a problem with that?

I have a problem with the "trading Miller for a huge haul" statement. What excacty was this huge haul? How excacty do you know of this huge haul? Do you know what was offered?

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Rekker said:

You still on that train Stawns? C'mon. Unless you exactly know what was offered, or what was going to be offered. Even if you did, you don't know if it would of worked out. We have the here and now, we have facts, can't rule on hypotheticals.

Again, he asked a question and I answered, what's the problem?

Edited by stawns

1 minute ago, Rekker said:

I have a problem with the "trading Miller for a huge haul" statement. What excacty was this huge haul? How excacty do you know of this huge haul? Do you know what was offered?

Why do you care if I have a different opinion than you?

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

Why do you care if I have a different opinion than you?

I think it's more about debating what was really on the table.

There never was a big offer for Miller, according to JR. Every gm knew we were in a difficult spot.

Even the return for Bo was in the ok territory. Allvin turned it into better value with Hronek.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Just now, HKSR said:

Good.  Then I think trading Horvat was the right choice. It would have been absolute stupidity to have traded Miller.  Miller was and is the way better player than Horvat.

And that's fine.  However if was the "you still on about that" when I didn't bring it up, merely replied to something someone brought up 

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

There never was a big offer for Miller, according to JR. Every gm knew we were in a difficult spot.

Even the return for Bo was in the ok territory. Allvin turned it into better value with Hronek.

Again, that wasn't your issue, your issue was that I was still "on that", which I'm not.  I replied to a post and you (and others) seem to have a weird issue with tyat

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Once more, your comment wasnt about the topic, but indicating I was harping on it, when I was merely replying to another posters question.  

8 hours ago, Vancan said:

What am I missing that the few Tocc haters are seeing??

The best start in franchise history, players having career seasons, as it sits we would almost sweep the NHL awards, players breaking 50 years of Canucks hockey records, highest scoring team in the league, +/- in the league, consistently flirting with a potential presidents trophy, etc, etc, etc. I've been a nucks fan long before the original Quinn days, and I do not recall a more successful team in most all categories. This is his fuckin 63 game as a coach!! 

My brain is frazzled trying to comprehend this complete and udder bullshit with our coach, just done. 

Sadly, there is a couple of people on here that are toxic, negative and full of hate instead of having logic, common sense and even that thing called positivity. 

• Cheers 3

I gotta say, I was wrong in wondering about the Lafferty trade.  I didn’t care about the pick as anything past a 3rd doesn’t matter much.

I just figured we had enough bottom six wingers and figured Lafferty as a Tyler Motte style and level of player.  

Lafferty is looking more like a Hansen style guy right now who can play up and down the lineup as a speedy puck hound.  Maybe not as tough as Hansen, but probably a bit more skill.  Hopefully he can keep the same trajectory and can be that guy who can play with high skill players with the job of retrieving pucks for them.

• Cheers 2

Record wise , we are back to the high water mark of the season. 9 games above 500

2 wins is all it took. 

Remember all the doom cucks the last few games worried about the Oilers and Flames in our rear view mirror ?

Edited by Blue