[PGT] Hurricanes at Canucks, Dec.9th

13 minutes ago, 88Canuck said:

Sadly, there is a couple of people on here that are toxic, negative and full of hate instead of having logic, common sense and even that thing called positivity. 

I have critiqued Tocc a few times but by no means am i saying he should be fired or anything close.

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, HKSR said:

So again, where are the naysayers and doubters?  Now tied for 3rd in the entire NHL baby!

I think the people who talk like this team is winning the cup and planning the parade after they have an OK win against a good team, are just as annoying as the folks who trash the team after a bad win. 

Can't we just agree that the Canucks are somewhere in the middle. Obviously playing worse lately than their record shows, but definitely a much more improved team finally showing some real promise?

Just relax

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

I think the people who talk like this team is winning the cup and planning the parade after they have an OK win against a good team, are just as annoying as the folks who trash the team after a bad win. 

Can't we just agree that the Canucks are somewhere in the middle. Obviously playing worse lately than their record shows, but definitely a much more improved team finally showing some real promise?

Just relax

Clearly this is a growth year.  They'll likely make the playoffs and gain experience this year.  I don't think anyone is serious about them winning the cup, but I do think some people think this team is trending back to last season and fighting for a playoff spot.  It's obvious this year's team is miles ahead of last year's squad in terms of structure.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Blue said:

Record wise , we are back to the high water mark of the season. 9 games above 500

2 wins is all it took. 

Remember all the doom cucks the last few games worried about the Oilers and Flames in our rear view mirror ?

The moment you use the term "cuck", most folks just know to safely ignore you as a dummy.  

• ThereItIs 1

6 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Just relax

Umm no we can't. Because if the LA Kings or some other team had this roster with Hughs Petey Miller Demko ect , we'd never hear the end of it about how good they were. But when it's our team , they call them mid. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

I quote your first sentence 

"You still on that train Stawns?"

That was me. I remember this exact same debate from a year ago. Stawns brought up again, a hypothetical "big haul" for JT trade. The same hypothetical scenario broght up a year ago. To bring up the same hypothetical "big haul" again, all while JT is absolutely nailing it, I mean ffnn nailing it, is my issue. The fact your still touting some missed trade opportunity for JT that may or may not have existed, all while said player is literally one of the best forwards in the NHL is weird. Weird is the only word I can think of. Anyways, Sunday morning gym date now. I'm done with this. I will check back later and respond once I see clarification on "the big haul". All good, I appreciate the conversations, Stawns as well, just see no use debating utter hypotheticals. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Rekker said:

That was me. I remember this exact same debate from a year ago. Stawns brought up again, a hypothetical "big haul" for JT trade. The same hypothetical scenario broght up a year ago. To bring up the same hypothetical "big haul" again, all while JT is absolutely nailing it, I mean ffnn nailing it, is my issue. The fact your still touting some missed trade opportunity for JT that may or may not have existed, all while said player is literally one of the best forwards in the NHL is weird. Weird is the only word I can think of. Anyways, Sunday morning gym date now. I'm done with this. I will check back later and respond once I see clarification on "the big haul". All good, I appreciate the conversations, Stawns as well, just see no use debating utter hypotheticals. 

It was you, agreed.  I wasn't debating anything, just replying to another poster

18 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

If we are repenting I need to come clean…

I suggested Pettersson  needs to either get his head straight or sit to get healthy.

This entire team needed a reset after that 10 games in 17 day debacle, thanks NHL! The fact that they've played 4 more games than many teams in the West makes you wonder. I guess the upside will be, fewer games spread over more days.

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, BPA said:

I think it’s fair to say that some of us thought JT would get $9-10M.  When he signed for $8M, it was an unbelievable discount (found money).  I was on board with JT at that amount.

As for Bo, I wanted to keep him but thought he was in the range of $7M.  But he ended up getting $8.5M.  Whew, so bullet dodged there.

It’s a cap world and every bit matters.  

I’m sure if Myers was only making $2-3M instead of $6M, fans wouldn’t be so harsh on him.

This is all true - however, Bo is also 2 years younger which counts for something.  

Allvin has done a good job shaping up the team in a hurry but those 2 years could have meant a longer window.

But with that said, Miller is certainly looking like the stronger player right now and showing no signs of slowing down.  Hopefully he stays healthy and productive as he goes.  At least we know he can flip to wing and still produce.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Good.  Then I think trading Horvat was the right choice. It would have been absolute stupidity to have traded Miller.  Miller was and is the way better player than Horvat.

The biggest problem was Horvat leading this team..it was stale and going nowhere fast..the change was much needed to give the Canucks a chance at moving forward was all..

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1