[PGT] Hurricanes at Canucks, Dec.9th

45 minutes ago, Rob Eh said:

They already have their top 6 when Soucy's beck.

Hughes Hronek

Cole Soucy

Myers Big Z

Freidman Juulsen

That looks pretty solid. Juulsen has looked better and better too. 

Hughes Hronek

Soucy Larsson/Pesce (possible targets)

Zad Myers

Cole Juuls

Cole and Zadorov platoon that last lhd spot, Friedman to abby

• ThereItIs 1

19 hours ago, CanuckFanForever said:

The Canucks core that went to the Final in 2011 wasn't established. Yes we had the twins but Kessel and Burrows were still trying to crack the lineup. Many players on that team took 3-4 years to acquire and then the management pushed all in 2010 at the UFA to fill out the team. Malholtra Torres Hamhuis and Ballard where brought in that summer. Higgens and Lapierre at the deadline. 

When Alain was brought in he was inexperienced but grew with the team.

Our core is already here Hughes and Petey are far ahead of where the Twins were. The depth is already built and we have to Pay Petey and Hronek their due buy July 1st. With this team the time is now. With Alain's team the time was to build it up and then compete. 

Kesler and burrows still trying to crack the lineup??? Kesler coming off 21 26 25 goal season and burrows coming off 28 and 35 goals season is still trying to crack the lineup?? 

ep and Hughes is way ahead of where the twin was in 2011?? Like the 2 of them just won back to back art ross?? 

even if u are referring to 2006 when av was brought in.. the sedin twins were literally over a ppg player.

• ThereItIs 1

14 minutes ago, stawns said:

Hughes Hronek

Soucy Larsson/Pesce (possible targets)

Zad Myers

Cole Juuls

Cole and Zadorov platoon that last lhd spot, Friedman to abby

Definitely have to move out Meyers  he’s a definite liability… Improving defence is still in a priority we can’t be finished with that

Just now, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Definitely have to move out Meyers  he’s a definite liability… Improving defence is still in a priority we can’t be finished with that

It's possible they could move him, but I think RT is pretty dedicated to players playing on their strong side.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

It's possible they could move him, but I think RT is pretty dedicated to players playing on their strong side.

As long as we bring in an upgrade and Myers can be the last defender with limited minutes and sheltered minutes at that - he gets exploited pretty quickly pretty easily by the opposing team’s best players

Just now, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

As long as we bring in an upgrade and Myers can be the last defender with limited minutes and sheltered minutes at that - he gets exploited pretty quickly pretty easily by the opposing team’s best players

We can disagree on Myers as I think he's been very solid for the bulk of this year.  I also don't think substituting one rhd for another makes much sense......they need to add depth, not make a lateral move, imo.

That said, if they can get good value for Myers, whose numbers actually look pretty good, then more power to them 

• Like 1

On 12/9/2023 at 10:37 PM, Googlie said:

Aman doesn't have much chemistry with PDG.  Plays well with Karlsson, going back to last season in Abby, and, ofc Hoagie.  Kuz is no Hoagie

They are expecting Suter back, he's more of an offensive force than is Aman, so Aman can play the wing as F1, Kuzy can drive the line the way Hoggie did, and Suter can be the safety valve picking up chances in the slot. That line could be great IF Kuzy learns the lessons that Hogs learned. Another top six chance will come for Kuzy, but he has to wait his turn, as Lafferty has created new life into Petey's line.

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, Cromeslab said:

I wish,see what happens

I don't think they're in a rush to move Kuz unless they get a great deal and it does leave a bit of a hole in the fwd group.  But, if hogz can be a consistent top 6 player, then kuz is the odd man out and his roster spot is better served by a dman

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

Mik Petey Laff

Hogz miller Boes

Joshua Suter garland

PDG Blueger Aman

Studnika

Hughes Hronek

Soucy Larsson/pesce

Zad Myers

Cole Juuls

lol when is Soucy back?hope he gives us a bump

Edited by Cromeslab

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

I don't think it's a contender lineup, but it's in the right track

It is. The team is second in the Pacific and Western conference and fourth in the league. Add back Soucy and Suter. Add in Larsson on top of that. 

Fast and aggressive team with a heavy defense led by an elite first pairing. 

• Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, stawns said:

I don't think it's a contender lineup, but it's in the right track

Our elite core is the best in the league. The supporting cast (IMHAO) is Dsmn close to being good enough to be Cup winners. Our core thoigh, for the next decade, will be elite. Hughes and z Petey 

11 minutes ago, stawns said:

But still skilled enough to move the puck effectively.  

True. A multi faceted defense is something I’m still getting used to. 

I remember the days of Derrick Pouliot and Matt Barkowski playing top four minutes. Fucking horrific stuff. 

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, northern lights said:

Both had played in 400 nhl games prior to the 2010-11 season. Kessler had 3 seasons of 20 or more and Burrows has 60 goals in the 2 seasons before the cup final.  A far cry from just cracking the lineup. 

This was taken out of context, I was talking about when Alain was hired in 06-07