[PGT] Hurricanes at Canucks, Dec.9th

2 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

Kesler and burrows still trying to crack the lineup??? Kesler coming off 21 26 25 goal season and burrows coming off 28 and 35 goals season is still trying to crack the lineup?? 

ep and Hughes is way ahead of where the twin was in 2011?? Like the 2 of them just won back to back art ross?? 

even if u are referring to 2006 when av was brought in.. the sedin twins were literally over a ppg player.

This was taken out of context, I was talking about when Alain was hired in 06-07

30 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

True. A multi faceted defense is something I’m still getting used to. 

I remember the days of Derrick Pouliot and Matt Barkowski playing top four minutes. Fucking horrific stuff. 

Those  we’re the worst of times

• Haha 3

On 12/11/2023 at 1:22 AM, CanuckFanForever said:

The Canucks core that went to the Final in 2011 wasn't established. Yes we had the twins but Kessel and Burrows were still trying to crack the lineup. Many players on that team took 3-4 years to acquire and then the management pushed all in 2010 at the UFA to fill out the team. Malholtra Torres Hamhuis and Ballard where brought in that summer. Higgens and Lapierre at the deadline. 

When Alain was brought in he was inexperienced but grew with the team.

Our core is already here Hughes and Petey are far ahead of where the Twins where. The depth is already built and we have to Pay Petey and Hronek their due buy July 1st. With this team the time is now. With Alain's team the time was to build it up and then compete. 

1 hour ago, CanuckFanForever said:

This was taken out of context, I was talking about when Alain was hired in 06-07

Yes, was totally taken out of context when you said 2011 and that it was supposed to be 06-07 and that Kesler and Burrows were still trying to get established 🙄 lol. Just admit that you're a troll and have a hate on for Tocchet

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

6 hours ago, stawns said:

We can disagree on Myers as I think he's been very solid for the bulk of this year.  I also don't think substituting one rhd for another makes much sense......they need to add depth, not make a lateral move, imo.

That said, if they can get good value for Myers, whose numbers actually look pretty good, then more power to them 

I completely agree about our need for depth 

2 hours ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

Yes, was totally taken out of context when you said 2011 and that it was supposed to be 06-07 and that Kesler and Burrows were still trying to get established 🙄 lol. Just admit that you're a troll and have a hate on for Tocchet

unveils scooby doo GIF
unmasked….

• Haha 3
  • ThereItIs 1

9 hours ago, stawns said:

I don't think they're in a rush to move Kuz unless they get a great deal and it does leave a bit of a hole in the fwd group.  But, if hogz can be a consistent top 6 player, then kuz is the odd man out and his roster spot is better served by a dman

This exactly.   Hogs and Lafferty to a degree provide a buffer that does allow this trim to trim some fat, and replace that with something else.   Unless a deal comes that is just too tough to pass up.     Kuzmenko is going through the same things Brock did.   Even EP was sent down to play with Hogs and Podz for a set of games (against much weaker competition) to get his game back on track.    The media is making a bigger deal of it, than it really should be.   It happens.   Brock played with Dries ..   Not much fun getting a demotion.   Kuzmenko's interview must have not been a lot of fun,   you can also see that RT is getting a little tired of having to answer for his coaching decisions.     The Canucks need a plant (if they don't already have one), in the media,  to take topics off these sort of things.   Piling on is a thing these days.   

When Soucy returns , maybe someone else goes down (a D to injury).   Good teams win in despite of losing key guys to injury.     Beau left and it didn't affect the top 9 at all.   Hogs emergence, might allow them to do exactly that, trade for another legit NHL player, who pushes out any AHL element when the roster is healthy.   It's not a bad idea.   Either that, or a big upgrade on 3C.    Soucy back, might make it an easier decision for them, personally think our D core went from one of the worst in the league when Tochett took over (Schenn traded, Hronek out), to a good one.   All in less than a year.     Soucy was the one guy who stood out the most, of any UFA D, that was praying we'd acquire.    Our D also went from small, to big.   That's something we haven't seen in a very long time.     

Trading Kuzmenko for futures also has validity.  Because just having cap space, would provide this team with injury security.   And flexibility up to even the TDL.     It's hockey.   They could make a trade and then Brock or Mikheyev go down (knocking on wood!!).   If we had 5.5 in cap space, would be much easier to make a trade when we really, really need it.     Suter coming back also pushes Aman out.  

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

23 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Our D also went from small, to big.   That's something we haven't seen in a very long time.     

Wonder if Kevin Bieksa would upgrade our status from "fun team to play against"?

(I humbly submit that we would be less fun to play against with some pounders on the wings.)

But I love the transition from smurfs to monsters, e.g. Beauvillier out, Zadorov in; hope they keep it up.

(I know, that's what she said.)  Next out: Garland, for another monster who loves to drop 'em!

giphy.gif

Rather have sore knuckles than a broken jaw.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

This exactly.   Hogs and Lafferty to a degree provide a buffer that does allow this trim to trim some fat, and replace that with something else.   Unless a deal comes that is just too tough to pass up.     Kuzmenko is going through the same things Brock did.   Even EP was sent down to play with Hogs and Podz for a set of games (against much weaker competition) to get his game back on track.    The media is making a bigger deal of it, than it really should be.   It happens.   Brock played with Dries ..   Not much fun getting a demotion.   Kuzmenko's interview must have not been a lot of fun,   you can also see that RT is getting a little tired of having to answer for his coaching decisions.     The Canucks need a plant (if they don't already have one), in the media,  to take topics off these sort of things.   Piling on is a thing these days.   

When Soucy returns , maybe someone else goes down (a D to injury).   Good teams win in despite of losing key guys to injury.     Beau left and it didn't affect the top 9 at all.   Hogs emergence, might allow them to do exactly that, trade for another legit NHL player, who pushes out any AHL element when the roster is healthy.   It's not a bad idea.   Either that, or a big upgrade on 3C.    Soucy back, might make it an easier decision for them, personally think our D core went from one of the worst in the league when Tochett took over (Schenn traded, Hronek out), to a good one.   All in less than a year.     Soucy was the one guy who stood out the most, of any UFA D, that was praying we'd acquire.    Our D also went from small, to big.   That's something we haven't seen in a very long time.     

Trading Kuzmenko for futures also has validity.  Because just having cap space, would provide this team with injury security.   And flexibility up to even the TDL.     It's hockey.   They could make a trade and then Brock or Mikheyev go down (knocking on wood!!).   If we had 5.5 in cap space, would be much easier to make a trade when we really, really need it.     Suter coming back also pushes Aman out.  

I agree with everything you say. But rather than trade for another legit forward, at this stage, I'd hope that Podz is going to be ready pretty quick. 

And when he is, any trade(s) could be to strengthen the D. 

• Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

I agree with everything you say. But rather than trade for another legit forward, at this stage, I'd hope that Podz is going to be ready pretty quick. 

And when he is, any trade(s) could be to strengthen the D. 

I don't think they'd need to call up an everyday player, just a depth guy, like Studnika, to sit in the press box.

Edited by stawns
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

18 minutes ago, stawns said:

I don't think they'd need to call up an everyday player, just a depth guy, like Studnika, to sit in the press box.

Podz percolating isn't a bad thing.   We might need a dark horse coming in later.   Especially when organizational depth becomes a bigger deal in the post season. 

1 hour ago, Goal_thecup said:

Wonder if Kevin Bieksa would upgrade our status from "fun team to play against"?

(I humbly submit that we would be less fun to play against with some pounders on the wings.)

But I love the transition from smurfs to monsters, e.g. Beauvillier out, Zadorov in; hope they keep it up.

(I know, that's what she said.)  Next out: Garland, for another monster who loves to drop 'em!

giphy.gif

Rather have sore knuckles than a broken jaw.

Who's that linesman.   Just so casually coming in.    Like he's waiting for his Starbucks order, while McDermid cleans up! 

• Haha 2

• -AJ- unfeatured and unpinned this topic
2 hours ago, IBatch said:

Podz percolating isn't a bad thing.   We might need a dark horse coming in later.   Especially when organizational depth becomes a bigger deal in the post season. 

Who's that linesman.   Just so casually coming in.    Like he's waiting for his Starbucks order, while McDermid cleans up! 

Joe Cool is his name and he's thinkin', "I could fight better than that."

There is not much better than McDermid's big-knuckles left to set up the little-knuckles right to finish him off though.

Remember to do your little-knuckles too kiddies when you do your knuckle push-ups.

giphy.gif

6 hours ago, stawns said:

True. I'm just saying, rather than trade for another legit forward, I'd rather reserve that spot for Podz. 

5 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

True. I'm just saying, rather than trade for another legit forward, I'd rather reserve that spot for Podz. 

I'm not sure what the call up order would be.  Obviously Karlsson is the top of their list, though I'd probably have Bains at the top of mine, then Karlsson, then Podz.