[PGT] Hurricanes at Canucks, Dec.9th

4 minutes ago, CanuckFanForever said:

If you can't see the defensive issues the Canucks have had they are all highlighted in my threads and post if you still don't wish to see them that's your problem

Just because they win doesn't make me blind to those issues 

People like to say the Canucks sit forth in the league or 2nd in the pacific

1st this is true but I also look at pt % because teams have played different amount of games

And the Canucks sit 6th in the league in pt% and 3rd in the pacific

2nd the Canucks also had 3 games against Edm and 1 against SJS prior to them getting their asses on track. Yes luck does play into season I agree but if those games where now well look what SJS did to the Canucks in their last game.

3rd their record against playoff teams is bad and even worse against the contenders

4th I think it comes to perspective and what a fan thinks is success for their team. If you are fine with making the playoffs and then 1 and done sure you will be happy then, they are going to make the playoffs but the way they are playing their not beating Vegas or LA and in that 3rd spot in the division that's who they are playing.

I feel with the right defensive structure this team can beat Vegas or LA in the first and then they have to play Vegas or LA in the second round. See the Pacific is week at the bottom end but it also has 2 of the best if not the best 2 teams in the league. If the Canucks get out of the pacific they have a real chance of doing something they have never done before. There is my perspective

I'm pretty sure the team we played tonight won the cup with Hedican and Ward as their top pairing defenseman , so......

12 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

- Demko had a standout game

- Pettersson back to form

- Zadorov and Myers best defensive pair... especially standouts during PK's... they should stay together

Unfortunately Hughes had his worst game of the season... cause of two 'too many man' penalties and the guy who made the perfect pass turnover which led to Carolina goal.

And by the way, Kuzmenko has ZERO confidence left... afraid to shoot, tentative with his passes... Tocchet has ground the initiative completely out of him.  Overall I like what Tocchet has done with this team, but he has gotten it wrong with Kuzmenko.

There are dozens of teams falling all over themselves to get this guy... but Tocchet has reduced his trade value considerably.  In the first 15 games Kuzmenko might not have been scoring, but his line was piling up the goals and points.  Now he is nowhere.  Sorry, but he has been mismanaged.

Lafferty may be doing well with Pettersson, but anyone can pick up goals by being on his line... and Lafferty is not a first liner... his best previous goal total was 10... and maybe he's going good now, but its not going to last.

Very good game from Myers & Zads!

Toc chose to put them on with 1:14 left even after  Carolina took a timeout. He had another chance to change them up at the faceoff with :14 but kept them out. Toc/Foote & Gonch had the d out that they wanted to close the game.

• Upvote 2
  • ThereItIs 1

39 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

He wasn't in his doghouse until he wasn't playing well, so it's Kuz that has to change , not Tocchet.  

Come on ----- he was in Tocchet's doghouse last season, when he was sitting on the 39 goal mark, and RT sat him in the pressbox.  It's the Boudreau - Hoglander thing all over again

• Thanks 1

Just now, cuporbust said:

I'm pretty sure the team we played tonight won the cup with Hedican and Ward as their top pairing defenseman , so......

LOL Caroline was one of the best defensive teams that year

Personnel doesn't matter as much has how you play the game

You can win 2-1  that's hard to do but you lose 6-4 a whole lot easier 

2 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Very good game from Myers & Zads!

Toc chose to put them on with 1:14 left even after  Carolina took a timeout. He had another chance to change them up at the faceoff with :14 but kept them out. Toc/Foote & Gonch had the d out that they wanted to close the game.

That will boost their confidence and we’ll reap the benefit. 

• Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, CanuckFanForever said:

If you can't see the defensive issues the Canucks have had they are all highlighted in my threads and post if you still don't wish to see them that's your problem

Just because they win doesn't make me blind to those issues 

People like to say the Canucks sit forth in the league or 2nd in the pacific

1st this is true but I also look at pt % because teams have played different amount of games

And the Canucks sit 6th in the league in pt% and 3rd in the pacific

2nd the Canucks also had 3 games against Edm and 1 against SJS prior to them getting their asses on track. Yes luck does play into season I agree but if those games where now well look what SJS did to the Canucks in their last game.

3rd their record against playoff teams is bad and even worse against the contenders

4th I think it comes to perspective and what a fan thinks is success for their team. If you are fine with making the playoffs and then 1 and done sure you will be happy then, they are going to make the playoffs but the way they are playing their not beating Vegas or LA and in that 3rd spot in the division that's who they are playing.

I feel with the right defensive structure this team can beat Vegas or LA in the first and then they have to play Vegas or LA in the second round. See the Pacific is week at the bottom end but it also has 2 of the best if not the best 2 teams in the league. If the Canucks get out of the pacific they have a real chance of doing something they have never done before. There is my perspective

I almost agree with you. But I think they have the heart to still do it