[RUMOUR] Adam Larsson on the trade block

7 hours ago, aGENT said:

I've done the math, we can afford a $4m D.

I'd move Kuzmenko before Boeser in a year + personally. Let Lekkerimaki score goals on an ELC.

Our math is different because we most likely have different numbers for the pending RFA's and UFA's on new contracts.  In any event, Allvin is going to make sure he doesn't make any bad decisions contract wise this summer and will probably want some cap flexibility in the summer of 2025 once the OEL buyout kicks in for almost $4.8 million.  He also has to make a decision on Demko.  So, I don't see him spending $4 million+ on TWO Dmen (Zadorov and ?).  

In regard to Boeser, if he keeps his pace, he will be a 50 goal scorer.  If that happens, he will be looking at $9 million per year on a long term deal.  Not sure, Allvin wants to commit that kind of money on a winger who doesn't kill penalties.  People are saying the Kuzy wouldn't keep his shooting % from last year, and it was true.  Well, Boeser also has a similar shooting % this year at almost 28%.  Just like Kuzy, that is not sustainable.  He may be having a career year ala Horvat.  Last year, we couldn't give Boeser away.  This summer we may be able to trade him for a Zub, or a power forward.

Lekkerimaki is a right winger, so he is the obvious replacement for Boeser.  That $9 million we would need to give Boeser could go towards obtaining multiple players while having Lekkerimaki on the team at minimum wage...

4 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Our math is different because we most likely have different numbers for the pending RFA's and UFA's on new contracts.  In any event, Allvin is going to make sure he doesn't make any bad decisions contract wise this summer and will probably want some cap flexibility in the summer of 2025 once the OEL buyout kicks in for almost $4.8 million.  He also has to make a decision on Demko.  So, I don't see him spending $4 million+ on TWO Dmen (Zadorov and ?).  

In regard to Boeser, if he keeps his pace, he will be a 50 goal scorer.  If that happens, he will be looking at $9 million per year on a long term deal.  Not sure, Allvin wants to commit that kind of money on a winger who doesn't kill penalties.  People are saying the Kuzy wouldn't keep his shooting % from last year, and it was true.  Well, Boeser also has a similar shooting % this year at almost 28%.  Just like Kuzy, that is not sustainable.  He may be having a career year ala Horvat.  Last year, we couldn't give Boeser away.  This summer we may be able to trade him for a Zub, or a power forward.

Lekkerimaki is a right winger, so he is the obvious replacement for Boeser.  That $9 million we would need to give Boeser could go towards obtaining multiple players while having Lekkerimaki on the team at minimum wage...

Poolman expiring covers the OEL increase after next season FWIW.

Agree to disagree on Boeser.

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Boeser will not be getting $9M.  One good season does not a career make.  His shooting % is also quite high compared to his league average.  He is a career 20g 50+ pts player.  Maybe he has finally elevated to be a 30-40g scorer in his prime.

He is (in my opinion) worth around $6.5-$7M.  With the cap increasing…maybe $8M tops.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, BPA said:

Boeser will not be getting $9M.  One good season does not a career make.  His shooting % is also quite high compared to his league average.  He is a career 20g 50+ pts player.  Maybe he has finally elevated to be a 30-40g scorer in his prime.

He is (in my opinion) worth around $6.5-$7M.  With the cap increasing…maybe $8M tops.

50 goal scorers get paid $9 million+ per year.  Doesn't matter if he only does it once.  Jeff Skinner got $9 million for one 40 goal year.  If Boeser is a UFA he's easily getting $8-5-9 million after a 50 goal season.  You're dreaming if you think Boeser is going to sign a long term deal and not even take a raise from his current deal.  

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

50 goal scorers get paid $9 million+ per year.  Doesn't matter if he only does it once.  Jeff Skinner got $9 million for one 40 goal year.  If Boeser is a UFA he's easily getting $8-5-9 million after a 50 goal season.  You're dreaming if you think Boeser is going to sign a long term deal and not even take a raise from his current deal.  

And how’s that Skinner contract working out?

Boeser is not UFA next season.  Boeser will get a pay raise if extended after this season but no where near what you think.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I'm with @BPA. Unless he repeats this again next year, there's no chance he's getting that much. And if he/his agent insist, then you have the conversation about moving him. Right now, extending him at ~$7-$7.5m and replacing Kuz with Lekkerimaki is easily the most logical series of steps.

Woah, as a Boeser fan we should probably pump the breaks on giving him 9mil. His shooting percentage this season is over 2 times higher than his career average. We should probably at least see what he does next season first. Although if we can extend him this summer for 6 or 7x7mil I'd do it. He's gonna be Miller's wingman and they are gonna do some damage for many years.

With all that said, still hoping we nab Larsson. Given they made a buyers move recently, for some reason, we'll see what exactly they're planning later I guess.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, BPA said:

And how’s that Skinner contract working out?

Boeser is not UFA next season.  Boeser will get a pay raise if extended after this season but no where near what you think.

Doesn’t matter how it’s worked out.  He got the money.  What does it matter if he is not a UFA?  Do you think Allvin is going to go into the season with two pending UFA’s and not sign either one of them to an extension?  What did he do with Miller and Horvat in the exact situation?  He re-signed Miller and traded Horvat.

If Boeser scores 50 goals then he is an $8.5-9 million player, especially with the cap going up.  If Allvin doesn’t want to pay that, which I know he won’t, then he will trade him.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Doesn’t matter how it’s worked out.  He got the money.  What does it matter if he is not a UFA?  Do you think Allvin is going to go into the season with two pending UFA’s and not sign either one of them to an extension?  What did he do with Miller and Horvat in the exact situation?  He re-signed Miller and traded Horvat.

If Boeser scores 50 goals then he is an $8.5-9 million player, especially with the cap going up.  If Allvin doesn’t want to pay that, which I know he won’t, then he will trade him.

If Boeser is demanding that much, then he will be traded.  Guess we will see what happens.

Miller took considerably less than what was rumoured while Horvat wanted way too much.  I think Boeser would lean towards Miller example and take a bit of a discount.

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

I'm with @BPA. Unless he repeats this again next year, there's no chance he's getting that much. And if he/his agent insist, then you have the conversation about moving him. Right now, extending him at ~$7-$7.5m and replacing Kuz with Lekkerimaki is easily the most logical series of steps.

Skinner only had to score 40 goals once and got the payday.  That’s how it works in the NHL if you are a pending UFA.  Laine is at $8.7 million and has never scored 50 goals.  Timo Meier has never even scored 40 goals or 80 points and he is at $8.5 million.  Barzal is at $9.1 million and he has never hit more than 62 points other than his rookie year.  Jordan Kyrou got an 8.1x8 contract off one 37 goal season.

If Boeser is at 50 goals this year the dude is going to get paid.  It may not be the Canucks who pay him, but he is going to get paid…

4 minutes ago, BPA said:

If Boeser is demanding that much, then he will be traded.  Guess we will see what happens.

Miller took considerably less than what was rumoured while Horvat wanted way too much.  I think Boeser would lean towards Miller example and take a bit of a discount.

Yes, well that was my whole point.  If Boeser’s agent is looking at $8.5-9 million on an 8 year deal, then Allvin will trade him.  Every example I have used here are the same ones that Boeser’s agent will use towards Allvin…

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Woah, as a Boeser fan we should probably pump the breaks on giving him 9mil. His shooting percentage this season is over 2 times higher than his career average. We should probably at least see what he does next season first. Although if we can extend him this summer for 6 or 7x7mil I'd do it. He's gonna be Miller's wingman and they are gonna do some damage for many years.

With all that said, still hoping we nab Larsson. Given they made a buyers move recently, for some reason, we'll see what exactly they're planning later I guess.

I agree.  Allvin won’t be paying him $9 million.  However, if Boeser’s agent is demanding that, then he will be traded.  Not sure why Boeser would only sign for $7 million when that is almost what he is getting now for his past production, which is nowhere close to what he is doing now.  Kyrou got $8.1 million for one 37 goal season.  

Edited by Elias Pettersson

12 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I agree.  Allvin won’t be paying him $9 million.  However, if Boeser’s agent is demanding that, then he will be traded.  Not sure why Boeser would only sign for $7 million when that is almost what he is getting now for his past production, which is nowhere close to what he is doing now.  Kyrou got $8.1 million for one 37 goal season.  

Kyrou signed that extension before his 37 goal season. He was signed with the expectation he'll improve. We pretty much know what we got in Boeser. Boeser is a very good complimentary top 6 player. 7.5mil is absolutely the most he should garner. Unless he goes wild next year as well, ie 50 this year and 50 next year. This year he very well may hit 50 goals. Who knows. But again, his shooting percentage is twice his career pace. I mean, Kuzy scored 39 last year and didn't get 8mil.

Negotiations aren't purely "this guy got this for scoring this therefore I want this." Otherwise Miller would be at like 10+mil. Tavares got 11mil in free agency and he never hit 90 points. Miller has routinely a point per game and was 1 point shy of 100 point season in his time with us. On top of being physical and a worker hound defensively. So yes, Boeser is scoring a lot right now. But 7-7.5mil is completely fair for his game imo. You don't sign people to deals cause other people signed certain deals.

And this is where we can use the Miller contract in negotiations with Boeser. Are you better than Miller? No. Therefore, you get less than Miller. I already know this fanbase refuses to use the Miller contract to negotiate with players, but that's dumb. The Gillis regime routinely used the Sedins as a barometer for their negotiations. It's why they were so successful. If we're smart, we do something similar here.

18 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

We do have a bit of leeway though... we are lucky to have two RW who can score... Kuz still doesn't quite get it, but if Boeser wants to stay, they may be able to negotiate, as they have an alternative...

He will not be paid $9M... There simply isn't the funds to pay him that much, without having to down grade in other places.

2 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Kyrou signed that extension before his 37 goal season. He was signed with the expectation he'll improve. We pretty much know what we got in Boeser. Boeser is a very good complimentary top 6 player. 7.5mil is absolutely the most he should garner. Unless he goes wild next year as well, ie 50 this year and 50 next year. This year he very well may hit 50 goals. Who knows. But again, his shooting percentage is twice his career pace. I mean, Kuzy scored 39 last year and didn't get 8mil.

Negotiations aren't purely "this guy got this for scoring this therefore I want this." Otherwise Miller would be at like 10+mil. Tavares got 11mil in free agency and he never hit 90 points. Miller has routinely a point per game and was 1 point shy of 100 point season in his time with us. On top of being physical and a worker hound defensively. So yes, Boeser is scoring a lot right now. But 7-7.5mil is completely fair for his game imo. You don't sign people to deals cause other people signed certain deals.

And this is where we can use the Miller contract in negotiations with Boeser. Are you better than Miller? No. Therefore, you get less than Miller. I already know this fanbase refuses to use the Miller contract to negotiate with players, but that's dumb. The Gillis regime routinely used the Sedins as a barometer for their negotiations. It's why they were so successful. If we're smart, we do something similar here.

If we are using Miller’s contract as the barometer for other player’s contracts, then Petey would only be getting $7.5 million.  Which obviously isn’t going to happen.  Miller was a PPG player who took $8 million.  He was pushing 30 years old.  Boeser is 27.  If he is getting 50 goals then most certainly his agent will be looking at the Kyrou and Skinner contracts and even the Laine contract as comps.  Tavares was a UFA, UFA’s are typically overpaid.

Kuzy was a rookie so there was no history.  He also only signed a 2 year deal so he could cash in on his next contract.  Boeser will be looking for his retirement contract.  Even if he takes the Miller deal, Allvin might still trade him.  We will have two $11 million players on the team in the near future with Petey and Hughes.  Plus Miller at $8 million and Hronek probably at $7.5 million.  Allvin may also want to re-sign Demko.  Demko will be looking at the Hellebuyck contract.  So there is no way we are paying a winger who doesn’t kill penalties $8 million.  The cap numbers don’t work.

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

We gave him life back,he can give us discount

• Cheers 1

pretty sure losing a LTIRetired contract isnt going to cover any contracts... having a LTIR contract, does not really effect your overall cap space by very much... we have seen i think max 450,000$ in cap space lost since its inception... though it can be abused...The Lightning gained a whack ton be scheduling a surgery perfectly... there should be a rule that a player must play 1 regular season game or 1 ahl game to qualify for the playoffs... that actually solves lik 90% of the cap circumvention...

anyways... still disagree we should have at minimum 3M cap wasting away in the press box...

kuzmenko should only be traded for a forward IMO if at all...

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Skinner only had to score 40 goals once and got the payday.  That’s how it works in the NHL if you are a pending UFA.  Laine is at $8.7 million and has never scored 50 goals.  Timo Meier has never even scored 40 goals or 80 points and he is at $8.5 million.  Barzal is at $9.1 million and he has never hit more than 62 points other than his rookie year.  Jordan Kyrou got an 8.1x8 contract off one 37 goal season.

If Boeser is at 50 goals this year the dude is going to get paid.  It may not be the Canucks who pay him, but he is going to get paid…

the canucks wont be paying him... Brock boeser is only getting these goals thanks to JT and QH... BB is right place right time... do think Brock is a very good player, but nobody should be not recognizing why BB is getting all this success...

12 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

No way Boeser gets 9, even if he does get 50 both injury history and scoring history lead to a slight bump  like 500-1mill tops 

Edited by canuck73_3

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

No way Boeser gets 9, even if he does get 50 both injury history and scoring history lead to a slight bump  like 500-1mill tops 

IMHAO the Canucks won’t negotiate a new contract with Brock until just before the 2025 TDL. If he’s still scoring like crazy and playing great, like now, then they will try and re-sign him. If his ask is too high then he will be traded. 

• Like 1

I think Brock really likes it here. Guy seems solid, seems the loyal type. Loves Petey , loves the city. I'd say if he continues to roll next yr he's around 7.75-7.85 max. He'll give a discount or he can be traded for assets.

Brock is a great complimentary player but he simply doesn't drive play on his line.... players like that don't make 8++

Edited by Bobby Lou
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1