[RUMOUR] Adam Larsson on the trade block

1 hour ago, Gawdzukes said:

It's probably how he was able to score 39 goals while we were getting killed 8-5 all the time.

Jannick Hansen made a point last year before the coaching change.

It is easy to score points when you don’t care how many goals go the other way.  He pointed out that the numbers for some of the Canucks were inflated and couldn’t hold up if they played the way you have to in order to win.

What he was curious after the coaching change was who could keep up their production.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, Provost said:

It is easy to score points when you don’t care how many goals go the other way.  He pointed out that the numbers for some of the Canucks were inflated and couldn’t hold up if they played the way you have to in order to win.

What he was curious after the coaching change was who could keep up their production.

The key core guys are proving they are great. Hughes, Petey, Miller, Hronek, Boeser, and (to a lesser degree, even though he’s our most important core piece) Demko.  The put up huge numbers while playing the right way. Best core in the league. 

• Cheers 1

23 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

In a few years, Miller will be a 3rd liner and Hughes and Demko are probably gone if we aren't contending for a cup...

Maybe not a few years away but the window is not this year and beyond. A hot start and probable Playoff berth make it easier to maybe add a piece or two this year but not quite there yet.

Hughes and Demko aren't leaving if the team is not quite contending because they will be and they are two of the pieces required to do so.

40 minutes ago, Provost said:

Exactly. There is no denying he is supremely skilled and scored some beautiful goals. You also have to remember the season was over about 10 games in, or earlier lol. Petey, Bo, Miller, Hughes, the whole lot was playing pond hockey. Now that everyone is incentivized to play two way hockey and we're winning while doing it those opportunities and give me goals set up by Petterson have disappeared.

To be honest I didn't really notice at the time but it looks like now that it was totally unsustainable while asking him to play a more complete two way game. Like you said, when Tocchet came in and we started winning it was no coincidence Kuz faded down the stretch.

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Cheers 1

Would prefer to try and trade Garland for Larsson. Both have a few years left on the deal and we can add something to cover the salary difference. 

Kuzmenko will eventually turn it around. Hes paying so much attention to playing the right away hes sort of abandoned the offensive side to an extent. His defensive play and offence will soon come together.

Garland

3rd round 2024

for 

Larsson

Bring up Podkolzin to take Garlands spot. 

Next year go after a puck moving LHD to pair with Larsson. 

Hughes Hronek

?????  Larsson 

Zadorov Soucy 

Edited by Mc1laren

3 hours ago, Provost said:

I like listening when Janik Hansen is on 650am

But I don't think that was just Janik Hansen thinking that...

Many of us knew that and were saying these types of things on CDC

Coach BB didn't have any system. 

I'm sure people remember all the "pond hockey" or "river hockey" posts on CDC last season. 

Horvat was padding his stats in a ufa year for a big money contract, which he got and good for him.. the rest of the team followed the leader.  

But ya last year under BB this team played pond hockey and most of the hockey world knew it for what it was..  

Hopefully Kuzmenko can get a few during this next stretch here but another 39 goals under coach Tocchet was unrealistic..

Gotta say I didn't expect him to drop this much but a 25 goal season would have been reasonable

• Vintage 2

On 12/10/2023 at 5:00 PM, DeNiro said:

lol if our window is only open now until three years from now management really screwed up. 😂

Good thing that’s not true.

lol if they are not contending now or planning to contend now.. they wouldn't have went with the all in and kept Miller.. like serious miller will be 34+ in 3 years.. you really think our window of opportunity is better with a 34 year old miller than the current miller?? whether you like it or not.. this current core have a tiny 2-4 year window only.. once Miller start regressing which is prolly in 2-3 years.. they'll be busy looking for a new 2c.. we sure don't look like we have one up and coming that you can guarantee will fill that role in 2-3 years.

3 hours ago, Mc1laren said:

Would prefer to try and trade Garland for Larsson. Both have a few years left on the deal and we can add something to cover the salary difference. 

Kuzmenko will eventually turn it around. Hes paying so much attention to playing the right away hes sort of abandoned the offensive side to an extent. His defensive play and offence will soon come together.

Garland

3rd round 2024

for 

Larsson

Bring up Podkolzin to take Garlands spot. 

Next year go after a puck moving LHD to pair with Larsson. 

Hughes Hronek

?????  Larsson 

Zadorov Soucy 

No way Seattle takes that deal. Would the Canucks? Didn't think so.

A high end 3rd liner to fringe top 6 with a garbage 3rd for a legit top 4 RHD?....  C'mon.... let's at least be in the realm of realistic

Given his current value it be Kuz and a pick + IF and a big IF Seattle actually moved Larson let alone within the division.... To may I add the biggest rival the young team has.

Garland is no where near worth a top 4 RHD. Seattle laughs and hangs up the phone.

Edited by Bobby Lou
  • Cheers 2

3 hours ago, Guntrix said:

Who’s churning out these rumours that we’re still looking to bolster our blue line? Are we going to start rolling with 4 pairs? 

We have Myers in the top 4. That's no bueno if you wanna win games in the playoffs. Our best chance at a cup imo comes this season, at least as far as the next 3-4 years go. Before Petey and Hronek make bank. Hronek looking at his production and thinking he might just be worth 7.5mil. People acting like Petey is the second coming of Jesus. Lots of talk about 12mil. That's an additional 7mil on the cap. OEL's buyout is 2.3mil next year. That's almost 10mil in additional cap. So the money we saved on letting Myers walk and Cole walk is immediately gone in just retaining 2 players. But we're weaker without Cole. I am of the mindset of going all in this year. Cause going down the line, we're gonna lose players without being able to meaningfully replace them cause that cap will be absorbed elsewhere.

So yeah, targeting Larsson would be insanely smart. He's making 4mil this year and next year. Insane value for a guy we just need to be steady and not chaotic. Our top 4 suddenly becomes Hughes/Hronek and Zadorov/Larsson. Actually looks playoff calibre. And if we need to walk from Zadorov in the summer. That's Soucy and Larsson next season. Still looks really good. Lowkey, I part with our 1st rounder to get him on this team. And whatever cap dump we need to give up to get him.

8 hours ago, Provost said:

This +100....

8 hours ago, Guntrix said:

Who’s churning out these rumours that we’re still looking to bolster our blue line? Are we going to start rolling with 4 pairs? 

I’m thinking Allvin is playing his 4D chess. If he can get another top 4RSD then he will trade Myers to recover assets. 

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

8 hours ago, Guntrix said:

I mean, friedman should be in the pressbox and juulsen should be in Abby.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

I’m thinking Allvin is playing his 4D chess. If he can get another top 4RSD then he will trade Myers to recover assets. 

Yep. They’ve always had interest in moving Myers I’m pretty sure.

Hughes Hronek

Soucy _______
Zadorov Cole

Thats the way I see it right now. Need a second pair RHD.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Yep. They’ve always had interest in moving Myers I’m pretty sure.

Hughes Hronek

Soucy _______
Zadorov Cole

Thats the way I see it right now. Need a second pair RHD.

That’s a good D core. I think Tocchet and management like heavy D in those second and third pairs. So it will be another big guy. Larsson isn’t a monster like Zadorov and Soucy, but he’s 210. And he’s a legit top four. He’d be an excellent get. 

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

That’s a good D core. I think Tocchet and management like heavy D in those second and third pairs. So it will be another big guy. Larsson isn’t a monster like Zadorov and Soucy, but he’s 210. And he’s a legit top four. He’d be an excellent get. 

Larsson, Pesce, Murphy.

There’s options there just a matter of cost.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

11 hours ago, Guntrix said:

We need to move (retention) Myers and replace him with a better fitting, cheaper RHD. And even if not, he'll need to be replaced this summer regardless. In season just means a better team for any playoff run this year.

We're not done yet.

Edited by aGENT
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Last season, Kuzmenko did not fade down the stretch under Tocchet. He actually even upped his goal scoring after Tocchet took over.

Last season while Boudreau was coach, Kuzmenko in 45 games played, put up 19 goals, 22 assists for 41 points to go along with a +6

Last season after Tocchet took over as coach, Kuzmenko in 36 games played, put up 20 goals and 13 assists for 33 points along with a +3

• Thanks 1
  • ThereItIs 2

12 minutes ago, boziffous said:

Last season, Kuzmenko did not fade down the stretch under Tocchet. He actually even upped his goal scoring after Tocchet took over.

Last season while Boudreau was coach, Kuzmenko in 45 games played, put up 19 goals, 22 assists for 41 points to go along with a +6

Last season after Tocchet took over as coach, Kuzmenko in 36 games played, put up 20 goals and 13 assists for 33 points along with a +3

but these facts don't fit the story that Tocc doesn't like Kuzy. 

• ThereItIs 1

33 minutes ago, boziffous said:

20 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

but these facts don't fit the story that Tocc doesn't like Kuzy. 

Yeah I guess I was wrong on that one. The media sure painted it that way. Tbh first time in a long time I wasn't paying much attention towards the end.

• Vintage 1

The best case scenario is to just have Kuzmenko play better.

The move at trade deadline needs to be to turn Myers cap hit into a top 4 D and top 9 forward. Not easy but it’s the best way to upgrade the roster.

If we trade Kuzmenko then we’re in need of two top 9 forwards.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yeah I guess I was wrong on that one. The media sure painted it that way. Tbh first time in a long time I wasn't paying much attention towards the end.

we're all quick to fall into the media stuff. I think people are still mad about Frankie Corrado. 

• Upvote 1