[RUMOUR] Adam Larsson on the trade block

I'd be reluctant to move Kuzmenko this season.

It may take him a little bit to play the game "Toc's" way but he seems like a hard worker, has a positive attitude and wants to get better...just a little confused right now IMO.  It's his second year and most players go through a sophmore slump which I kinda expected. He's experienced alot of changes in the last 18 months. Coming over to NA, language barriers and multiple coaching systems. He went from "just go play and have fun" to Toc's "puck pressure & accountabilty systems" 

We fans have a tendency to over react when things don't go according to plan and expect immediate changes. If we'd taken that approach to Boeser last season 

he's probably be lighting it up somewhere else this season, We would have had to add draft picks to get rid of him last season.

Kuz has great puck skills, shot and hockey intution, I'd hate to see them give up on that to soon, We've assembled a great hockey opps and coaching staff, I'm sure they will work with him and get his game to where it needs to be. Instead of looking to trade for another top 6 player, we should just be patient with the one we have IMO... unless there is an incrediable deal on the table that makes us MUCH better I suppose.

Edited by Blitz-Pix
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 2

42 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

I'd be reluctant to move Kuzmenko this season.

It may take him a little bit to play the game "Toc's" way but he seems like a hard worker, has a positive attitude and wants to get better...just a little confused right now IMO.  It's his second year and most players go through a sophmore slump which I kinda expected. He's experienced alot of changes in the last 18 months. Coming over to NA, language barriers and multiple coaching systems. He went from "just go play and have fun" to Toc's "puck pressure & accountabilty systems" 

We fans have a tendency to over react when things don't go according to plan and expect immediate changes. If we'd taken that approach to Boeser last season 

he's probably be lighting it up somewhere else this season, We would have had to add draft picks to get rid of him last season.

Kuz has great puck skills, shot and hockey intution, I'd hate to see them give up on that to soon, We've assembled a great hockey opps and coaching staff, I'm sure they will work with him and get his game to where it needs to be. Instead of looking to trade for another top 6 player, we should just be patient with the one we have IMO... unless there is an incrediable deal on the table that makes us MUCH better I suppose.

I agree! I think Kuzzy is getting a bit of "Paralysis by analysis" because a lot of what he is doing isn't second nature to him and he's breaking old, solidified habits.

I'm okay if we trade him, but it has to be a solid trade.

2 hours ago, Rusty Shackleford said:

Very curious to know that.  A hockey trade of a top 6 forward 1 for 1?  Or maybe a 1st and a roster player/prospect?

Yea, I'm loathe to part with our first round pick for a 31 year old defenseman. 

If the RHD is someone younger, then I'd be a little more open to it, but not for a guy who's on the wrong side of 30. 

10 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

We probably don’t need another Dman once Soucy is back.  Juulsen is playing well enough that he is a capable 6/7 guy.  If Kuzy can start scoring again then I think our next priority should be another Rick Tocchet type forward. Someone who is big and nasty and can play up and down the lineup…

Agreed.  Just not sure who that would be.  Crouse would be great, but Arizona is actually decent now and would need him.  

• Cheers 2

10 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

We probably don’t need another Dman once Soucy is back.  Juulsen is playing well enough that he is a capable 6/7 guy.  If Kuzy can start scoring again then I think our next priority should be another Rick Tocchet type forward. Someone who is big and nasty and can play up and down the lineup…

Need to move Myers towards the TDL and convert ~$4m of his cap to a medium term, 2nd pair RHD (Tanev, Jensen, Larsson etc).

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Sika21 said:

The only trade piece I’d be interested in giving them right now is Garland.

Kuzmenko is showing that he’s willing to try and adapt to RT’s coaching style. We’ve seen how Hoglander has adapted, hoping Kuz can do the same.

No thanks to moving Garland. He drives the play on the third line which has been a great 3rd line. Need that come playoffs. The upgrade is either moving Myers for a bonafide number 3 dman or upgrading a wing spot on Petey's wing. It's gotta be futures that we move as our value or we won't be improving that much. I agree that now isn't the time to trade Kuz.

12 minutes ago, Lemon Face said:

To be honest i dont know how this become rumor

It's a Friedman speculation piece turned into a "rumor." There's nothing from the Kraken side saying they actually put him on the block. Friedman on 32 Thoughts said Larsson might be a trade piece to help them get a scoring boost. In the article posted by OP, Friedman even says "It's not clear if they'd actually be open to moving him [Larsson]." Lol.

We use the rumor tag when we probably should use a speculation tag. Especially when the title is a bit misleading. Larsson isn't on the trade block. Friedman didn't even suggest he was in the article that was posted. And that's the only real Larsson trade speculation article I've seen. Friedman just name dropping Larsson cause a couple notable Canadian teams are interested in d-men. Toronto and Vancouver. It's why Tanev is getting a bunch of love on Sportsnet recently. Cause he's been tied to Toronto.

3 hours ago, HKSR said:

Agreed.  Just not sure who that would be.  Crouse would be great, but Arizona is actually decent now and would need him.  

I've looked around.  I see two guys I like with teams that could be sellers.  Yakov Trenin and Sean Kuraly.  Both players are Rick Tocchet guys, would come fairly cheap, and can help with the bottom 6 and give us more size up front for the playoffs.  Crouse is a dream but like you said, Arizona probably doesn't trade him and his cost would be too high regardless...

3 hours ago, canucks curse said:

Once Soucy is back though 

we don’t have space unless we move Myers abd no one will want him unless we retain or add a sweetener which just makes replacing him with an upgrade even harder 

Need to involve a 3rd team and probably closer to the TDL. We retain $2m, gain $4m. 3rd team retains a further $2m cap (~$150k-$200k actual salary...AKA peanuts) for a mid pick (4th?). Other team adds him for $2m of prorated cap at TDL. We might even get a mid pick or B prospect +/- out of it.

4 hours ago, Snoop Hogg said:

I’d just like to say I don’t really want Kuzmenko traded, but rather that to get another high calibre defenceman in a trade, he may be required to be part of the package going back the other way. You have to give something good to get something good back.

This. Garland isn’t going to fetch us anything valuable playing limited minutes. Same reason we got Zadorov on a big discount. 

• ThereItIs 1