[RUMOUR] Jonatan Berggren on the trade block

3 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

It is not a fleece, we paid above what the market (other teams would pay) for Hronek. Market price probably somewhere between 2014 1st + 3rd or 2 2nds (There is a premium to 2023 1st rounders). The great thing is Hronek is playing well for us. 

There is a difference between market price at the time, and how well the player develop/plays afterwards. 

problem is, now that we have him we have to negotiate more cap to keep him. How much? Can Myers contract shrink enough to cover it?

Everyone is already spending Myers contract on Petey.

How do we replace Myers with the leftovers? What about Cole? I mean, there are so many pieces that will be broken this coming summer. We need to win the CUP THIS YEAR

Would Heronik sign for a lower deal? I think maybe not. We have so many expired contracts this season and Petey seems to get all the attention. I dont know how it will work out but Petey should talk to Luongo tonight about the pressure of a huge contract.

27 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

It is not a fleece, we paid above what the market (other teams would pay) for Hronek. Market price probably somewhere between 2014 1st + 3rd or 2 2nds (There is a premium to 2023 1st rounders). The great thing is Hronek is playing well for us. 

There is a difference between market price at the time, and how well the player develop/plays afterwards. 

Allvin moved the elephant in our room and got fantastic return. At the time of the Hronek trade the Islanders’ looked like it was going to be rolled over to 2024 unprotected. Yzerboy fell in love with that opportunity. He traded us his best pkayer. Hronek is a star.