[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Tampa Bay Lightning, Rogers Arena, Dec 12, 7pm PST - The Lets Keep the Winning Ways Going ... m'Kay! Game

Rocket-68

Tweaking, Tweaking Little Star, oh what will PA do with the Door Ajar  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Well now, what aging Superstar will the Canucks trade for (brackets are my opinion, add yours in the comments on what the package will be)

• Ovenchiken, Washington ain't getting another cup the rest of this decade so might as well package up (Kuz / Garland / picks for Ovi - retention in play)
    • Crosby! Flightless birds want to give Sid-da-Kid another cup so (Kuz you are up with Myers to drive you both to the airport)
    • Tarasenko, Petey needs a bull in the china shop player and 'senko has at least 1 good year left in him to push us over the top
    • PA ain't trading anyone off the team, Phil the Thrill for a Mil is available - low risk is what JR thrives on
    • Joe Pavelski - 'nuf said
    • ummm, dear author, perhaps you should get checked for CTE ... none of the above are remotely possible. But since you asked see my comments below for a likely trade for an unlikely player to be moved.

• Rocket-68 changed the title to [GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Tampa Bay Lightning, Rogers Arena, Dec 12, 7pm PST - The Lets Keep the Winning Ways Going ... m'Kay! Game

It's just crazy how Boeser was a negative value asset last year. And 39 goal Kuzmenko has switched places with him. Except it's worse than Boeser , Beauvillier or Garlund. None of them were tossed onto the 4th line with next to no minutes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Too bad nobody can give Count Gory Buttman "head trauma in hockey" so that he can see for himself if he'll get CTE.

Oh wait, with the twitches he makes every time he talks at a press conference, maybe that'll give him CTE.

Fucking weasel.  Him and his whole harem of clowns.  Grr.

• Cheers 4

Same as the last game all I ask from this team is to see a complete game not a perfect one just a complete one.

What does that mean.

All teams in all games have some breakdowns good teams have less and great teams have far less.

I want to see the Canucks come out and compete from the first faceoff. I want to see no more then a couple of breakdowns in each period. I don't want to see constant 2 on 1s or free players standing by the Canucks net getting tap ins and most importantly I want to see the opponents PP units have to work to get passes through. If they don't have possession make them work for it and if they do don't give them a open man take your coverage and make the guy with the puck shoot into bodies.

Do this and they give themselves a chance to win every game

Prediction

Kuz breaks out has a goal and assist on the PP

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

On 12/10/2023 at 9:20 PM, Blue said:

It's just crazy how Boeser was a negative value asset last year. And 39 goal Kuzmenko has switched places with him. Except it's worse than Boeser , Beauvillier or Garlund. None of them were tossed onto the 4th line with next to no minutes.

Maybe we can have a GDT where nobody tries to coach.   Good luck with that lol.  Brock had several trips to the doghouse.   Even EP was sent to the third line for a spell ( several games - off and on with Hogs and Podz) to shake him out of a funk.   It happens.   

As for the game, TB has lost some of its glow, and are dealing with some drama over their Captain.    Vasilevsky was the best goalie in the world for half a decade or so overall..:back surgery has come a long way, but can attest, it's not an easy thing and full recovery is rare.   We can beat them.    And they are still a dangerous opponent.    Resting for the playoffs..or just on the decline.. I'm not sure. 

Edited by IBatch

34 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Maybe we can have a GDT where nobody tries to coach.   Good luck with that lol.  Brock had several trips to the doghouse.   Even EP was sent to the third line for a spell ( several games - off and on with Hogs and Podz) to shake him out of a funk.   It happens.   

As for the game, TB has lost some of its glow, and are dealing with some drama over their Captain.    Vasilevsky was the best goalie in the world for half a decade or so overall..:back surgery has come a long way, but can attest, it's not an easy thing and full recovery is rare.   We can beat them.    And they are still a dangerous opponent.    Resting for the playoffs..or just on the decline.. I'm not sure. 

Gotta shut the Kootch.

1 hour ago, Blue said:

The Oilers need to win for a week longer just to weasel their way into a last wildcard spot. And yet ppl are looking in the mirror to them ?🤨 I'd rather the Oilers win some games vs Dallas or the Kings to help our over all record.

If you aren't checking your mirror's, you could get rear ended.   It's not a bad thing. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I don't understand why other teams don't send out one guy who takes his stick and whacks it across McDavid's face, really hard. Take the penalty, take the fine, take the suspension. Ownership has your back. Remove McDavid and the Oilers will never win again (insert evil laugh)

Edit - I am kidding btw, kind of.

Edited by Nucker67
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Blue said:

The Oilers need to win for a week longer just to weasel their way into a last wildcard spot. And yet ppl are looking in the mirror to them ?🤨 I'd rather the Oilers win some games vs Dallas or the Kings to help our over all record.

Everyone wanks over McDavid, Blue. The average hockey writer knows that putting out articles that fawn over that whiner draws the clicks. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Doesn't really matter what EDM does now, we've already beaten them in the season series if we end up tied in points, and them beating up on la or Vegas just helps us. They likely won't pass us in points.

Injuries will play a part in how the season evolves. Imagine if McD goes down. I am hoping Van has seen all their  Injury bug for awhile. As well as the scoring has gone to date for the Canucks I think there is room for much more growth on both sides of the offence and defence. PA has some chips he can still play to add to this roster whether by trade or call ups from Abby.

Edited by Boudrias
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Boudrias said:

Injuries will play a part in how the season evolves. Imagine if McD goes down. I am hoping Van has seen all their  Injury bug for awhile. As well has the scoring has gone to date for the Canucks I think there is room for much more growth on both sides of the offence and defence. PA has some chips he can still play to add to this roster whether by trade or call ups from Abby.

Nathan Fillion Lol GIF by ABC Network

• Haha 2