[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Tampa Bay Lightning, Rogers Arena, Dec 12, 7pm PST - The Lets Keep the Winning Ways Going ... m'Kay! Game

Rocket-68

Tweaking, Tweaking Little Star, oh what will PA do with the Door Ajar  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Well now, what aging Superstar will the Canucks trade for (brackets are my opinion, add yours in the comments on what the package will be)

• Ovenchiken, Washington ain't getting another cup the rest of this decade so might as well package up (Kuz / Garland / picks for Ovi - retention in play)
    • Crosby! Flightless birds want to give Sid-da-Kid another cup so (Kuz you are up with Myers to drive you both to the airport)
    • Tarasenko, Petey needs a bull in the china shop player and 'senko has at least 1 good year left in him to push us over the top
    • PA ain't trading anyone off the team, Phil the Thrill for a Mil is available - low risk is what JR thrives on
    • Joe Pavelski - 'nuf said
    • ummm, dear author, perhaps you should get checked for CTE ... none of the above are remotely possible. But since you asked see my comments below for a likely trade for an unlikely player to be moved.

• -AJ- featured and pinned this topic

This is going to be a huge game, Tampa haven't played too well lately but they have Kucherov on fire, their PP is pretty decent, our PK is playing like absolute trash again but their goalie is very leaky. Should be a high-scoring game which usually means it's a 2-1 defensive showdown.

Hughes, Hronek and Miller vs Kucherov should make for a fun matchup. Leaves Petey to hopefully feast on their 2nd and 3rd line. Demko is going to get shelled with a lot of high-danger opportunities but hopefully our PP can do the same to their goalie.

Should be 7-5, will end up being 2-1 Canucks, Petey with the GWG.

• Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

I don't understand why other teams don't send out one guy who takes his stick and whacks it across McDavid's face, really hard. Take the penalty, take the fine, take the suspension. Ownership has your back. Remove McDavid and the Oilers will never win again (insert evil laugh)

Edit - I am kidding btw, kind of.

First of all, that's terrible sportsmanship and you are also inviting opposing players to do the same to the star players on your team. Can you imagine let's say Joshua did this to McDavid and the next time we play the Oilers, they send one of their 4th line goons to do this to Petey/Quinn/Miller or they can try to take a run at Demko Chris Kreider style?

Also, the league shares its revenues. McDavid draws fans, and the players know this and don't want to hurt him which in fact will impact them financially.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, RJCF96 said:

First of all, that's terrible sportsmanship and you are also inviting opposing players to do the same to the star players on your team. Can you imagine let's say Joshua did this to McDavid and the next time we play the Oilers, they send one of their 4th line goons to do this to Petey/Quinn/Miller or they can try to take a run at Demko Chris Kreider style?

Also, the league shares its revenues. McDavid draws fans, and the players know this and don't want to hurt him which in fact will impact them financially.

Yes, but I hate him...and I said I was kidding. Relax. 

• Like 3

On 12/10/2023 at 8:20 PM, Blue said:

It's just crazy how Boeser was a negative value asset last year. And 39 goal Kuzmenko has switched places with him. Except it's worse than Boeser , Beauvillier or Garlund. None of them were tossed onto the 4th line with next to no minutes.

Kuz is still on PP1. 
Back in the day the Habs only played Yvan Cournyeyer (sp?). On the power play. He went on to have a productive career. 
Hope that the tough love approach works and Kuz erupts in the second half of the season. 
A man can dream.

Edited by PistolPete13
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Hope to see two former players get gassed after their first shift?

Actually that’s probably the one area that they still have it. They’re still in incredible condition even now, and we’re known as two of the most fit athletes. They even still do the grouse grind for fun.

They wouldn’t be able to keep up with the play they’d be so slow, and they’d probably get pushed around by all the younger kids, but they wouldn’t be gassed.

and no, I’m not suggesting we play them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NorthWestNuck said:

Actually that’s probably the one area that they still have it. They’re still in incredible condition even now, and we’re known as two of the most fit athletes. They even still do the grouse grind for fun.

They wouldn’t be able to keep up with the play they’d be so slow, and they’d probably get pushed around by all the younger kids, but they wouldn’t be gassed.

and no, I’m not suggesting we play them.

They retired for a reason. They'd be gassed. 

People get older. These things happen.

Edited by PhillipBlunt

23 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

Kuz is still on PP1. 
Back in the day the Habs only played Yvan Cournyeyer (sp?). On the power play. He went on to have a productive career. 
Hope that the tough love approach works and Kuz erupts in the second half of the season. 
A man can dream.

One of my all time favourites ‘the RoadRunner’. Maybe Goulet was as fast but I was a Habs fan. The New Year’s game against Red Army was classic Yvan. Burning up and down the right wing. 

Something to consider is the Canuck status going into the TDL. As a playoff team PA will have a different perspective than team building versus adding for a serious playoff run. PA has assets he can move, Kuz could be one of them. 

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Holy S--t !!  Time to rewrite these "last time" record books!

yikes-oops.gif

I swear the media tells the players these records every time and it just feeds the doubt…

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Holy S--t !!  Time to rewrite these "last time" record books!

yikes-oops.gif

10 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

Ewww what an awful roster...Chaput, Megna, and Jack Skille? I remember the whining and complaining when we drafted Bourdon, and Kopitar went next....but CHI drafted "No skill" Skille at 7OA haha

huh-ew.gif

I'm thinking that there's nobody left on that roster from the last time we beat the Lightning here, so it's time that we slaughter them here at home.  Let's fucking gooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1