[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Tampa Bay Lightning, Rogers Arena, Dec 12, 7pm PST - The Lets Keep the Winning Ways Going ... m'Kay! Game

Rocket-68

Tweaking, Tweaking Little Star, oh what will PA do with the Door Ajar  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Well now, what aging Superstar will the Canucks trade for (brackets are my opinion, add yours in the comments on what the package will be)

• Ovenchiken, Washington ain't getting another cup the rest of this decade so might as well package up (Kuz / Garland / picks for Ovi - retention in play)
    • Crosby! Flightless birds want to give Sid-da-Kid another cup so (Kuz you are up with Myers to drive you both to the airport)
    • Tarasenko, Petey needs a bull in the china shop player and 'senko has at least 1 good year left in him to push us over the top
    • PA ain't trading anyone off the team, Phil the Thrill for a Mil is available - low risk is what JR thrives on
    • Joe Pavelski - 'nuf said
    • ummm, dear author, perhaps you should get checked for CTE ... none of the above are remotely possible. But since you asked see my comments below for a likely trade for an unlikely player to be moved.

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

Definitely reason for optimism, the last two have been the best back to back they've played in a month.  However, I need to see more to declare them out of that trend.

Im with you in that sense.  I'm not sure how much "more" I need to see to declare then out of that trend though.

I can see this team rattle off 5-6 wins in a row and then go back to playing 500 hockey for 6 games before going on another streak.

During those 500 games, I'm sure we'll have the same questions come up and have same frustrations we've felt this past month.

I think what I can say is, they didn't play all that well starting the Ottawa game Nov 9.  Since then, they've played good teams and bad teams and looked disorganized all throughout the month while still posting a 500 record.

The past 2 games have seemed different in that they looked more disciplined and committed to their structure again.

There's not much more I can extrapolate from that besides...they've played much better the past 2 games. 

If I want to be optmistic and hope they go on a streak? great. by all means

If someone else says they're not out of the woods yet? Great agreed there too. 

25 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

Longest championship droughts... looks like Canucks are tied for 10th longest in North American Pro sports history. So we're bad.. but not the worst! Yay us!

Longest championship droughts within the four major sports - BVM Sports

That is an old post, Denver just won their first championship in 2023. Lol

59 minutes ago, The Aquaman said:

Great idea……I’m not sure if it does?

Rogers sportsnet swallowed up NHL center ice. Only way to watch blacked out Canucks games in AB is to pay for thr premium sports net subscription. They remove pretty much all blackouts.

I have it and it’s been great, just hate paying more to see my team play.

I moved to AB 2 years ago myself so I can confirm it works.

Cheers, happy watching 

Edited by Attila Umbrus
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

I’m researching cryogenics. 

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

cryogenically frozen austin powers GIF

Man I loved that first Austin Powers movie!

7 minutes ago, Frozen Water Walker said:

I think you meant Hydrogen & Oxygen 

Hydrogen in the water yes

but nitrogen and oxygen in the empty space filling the rest of the cup…lol

Or at least I think that’s what they are getting at

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

12 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Fkn even Carolina has one!

ffks

The fact that a bunch of cities where hockey is barely a footnote in the local sports news have won Stanley Cups makes it all the more galling as a Canucks fan. Hockey is everything up here... we NEED a cup damnit!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I hated it at first. Then a while back, I watched it with two of my sons and was in stitches. We ended up watching two more that night. 

Its a classic! Glad you come around PB

They definitely degrade after the first movie tho. It’s the only one I rewatch.

It’s crazy…most young people don’t even know what the hell I’m talking about if I use an Austin Powers quote…

I’m the old guy now! Not sure when this happened? But luckily, mentally i’m 12 years old and that will never change 🥳

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

He skips over the 74-75 Canucks.  Now that team wasn't great but still a .500 club.  Yeah, .500 doesn't sound remarkable today (the Torts coached Canucks actually were .500) but that's because of the 'loser point'/overtime/shootout.  That wasn't in existance back in the 70s.  Double the achievement in that there was no cap then & the Canucks were essentially a 'mom & pop' operation without the financial resources to compete against the big money spending teams.  Team looked like they were on the right path under Phil Mahoney (sp?) but the WHA came along.  Canucks lost a few players & then fell apart.  Yeah, most/all NHL teams also lost players due to the WHA but the Canucks at that point had little depth & could ill afford to lose players.

The Hockey Guy should be my username & his should be "Newbie Canuck Fan" 🥸

Newbie - as in Sedin era.  lol.  Sometimes I do wonder with him too. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Its a classic! Glad you come around PB

They definitely degrade after the first movie tho. It’s the only one I rewatch.

It’s crazy…most young people don’t even know what the hell I’m talking about if I use an Austin Powers quote…

I’m the old guy now! Not sure when this happened? But luckily, mentally i’m 12 years old and that will never change 🥳

I guess when I saw how much my boys were enjoying it. I do like the other ones, mainly because of Myers and his array of characters. 

• Cheers 1

The Oilers play our sloppy 2nds next 2 games.i hope we steamroll Tampa and Florida and leave them pissed off right before they face the Oilers. 

Conversely, if we throw up a dud and they win, it makes it much easier for them to play their backup and take their foot off the pedal. 

We need to win these next 2 games 

• Like 1