[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Tampa Bay Lightning, Rogers Arena, Dec 12, 7pm PST - The Lets Keep the Winning Ways Going ... m'Kay! Game

Rocket-68

Tweaking, Tweaking Little Star, oh what will PA do with the Door Ajar  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Well now, what aging Superstar will the Canucks trade for (brackets are my opinion, add yours in the comments on what the package will be)

• Ovenchiken, Washington ain't getting another cup the rest of this decade so might as well package up (Kuz / Garland / picks for Ovi - retention in play)
    • Crosby! Flightless birds want to give Sid-da-Kid another cup so (Kuz you are up with Myers to drive you both to the airport)
    • Tarasenko, Petey needs a bull in the china shop player and 'senko has at least 1 good year left in him to push us over the top
    • PA ain't trading anyone off the team, Phil the Thrill for a Mil is available - low risk is what JR thrives on
    • Joe Pavelski - 'nuf said
    • ummm, dear author, perhaps you should get checked for CTE ... none of the above are remotely possible. But since you asked see my comments below for a likely trade for an unlikely player to be moved.

29 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Hog on a bone 

Hogz is the man. Love that tenacity. 

Its funny. You know he's doing his job when the other defensemen always seem super pissy with him. 

I think he gets the most shoves and scrums after the whistle on this team from opposing players. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

In last 10 games, Canucks are 1-9-0 against the Lightning. The Lightning scoring 4 or more goals in 8 of those 10 games.

The Lightning don't have the same depth in previous seasons, but they are still lethal offensively. Their weakspot is their defence right now, the forecheck and winning key battles in the ozone is going to be the key to winning tonight. Tampa has the advantage offensively, they can easily take over at will offensively, thus you have to play a sound structured game. Especially if Hedman is not good to go.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

In last 10 games, Canucks are 1-9-0 against the Lightning. The Lightning scoring 4 or more goals in 8 of those 10 games.

The Lightning don't have the same depth in previous seasons, but they are still lethal offensively. Their weakspot is their defence right now, the forecheck and winning key battles in the ozone is going to be the key to winning tonight. Tampa has the advantage offensively, they can easily take over at will offensively, thus you have to play a sound structured game. Especially if Hedman is not good to go.

Yeah they've had our number for awhile.  Similar to NJ.

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

The Oilers play our sloppy 2nds next 2 games.i hope we steamroll Tampa and Florida and leave them pissed off right before they face the Oilers. 

Conversely, if we throw up a dud and they win, it makes it much easier for them to play their backup and take their foot off the pedal. 

We need to win these next 2 games 

Totally . Coilers have a favorable schedule .

3 hours ago, Jaimito said:

I watched it.  He's an old guy who is disappointed over the decades and thinks he'll never see a cup win by Nux in his life time.  

But i think it's better just take a big brush and wipe the history off.

New management, new team. A HHOF builder no less.  

I mean he could have done the same thing with the Leafs, Sens and Jets over the same time period since 1970, more or less, and get similar conclusions.  Except Jets never made the SCFs. 

Same with the Laffs! 😆

Just now, Barn Burner said:

No doubt they'd be slower and out of game shape. 

But didn't Daniel run the Grouse Grind 11 times this past year? 

That still won't translate to them being able to play a full NHL game. It might give them a wicked case of plantar fasciitis though.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

That still won't translate to them being able to play a full NHL game. It might give them a wicked case of plantar fasciitis though.

True. But how many NHL players today could run the Grind 11 times in a row? I'm gassed just looking at it! 

17 minutes ago, Silent Man said:

Totally . Coilers have a favorable schedule .

I think if we control our own destiny and play well against Tampa and Florida and win, we make it that much harder on the Oilers. It's a cascading effect. We should always try to play well but playing well the next 2 games has a greater impact than just the 2 games

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, TheGuardian said:

If not for Myers and Zadorov they might not have had that success. Hughes was BRUTAL and he can't do that again or the Tampa PP will feast.

I think some Canucks will be exposed again. Will Tocchet bench Hughes if Hughes does the same things again? Twice jumped on the ice too soon, 2 penalties and twice let his check get away or he didn't pick him at all. Kuzmenko would be packing his bags for mistakes that bad.

I think you cut some slack for someone who has 10 goals and 50 assists (or whatever) in +/- 30 games

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

It's a good day for an exorcism.  

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, stawns said:

Awwww, does my opinion hurt your feelings?  Tye Canucks have been a .500 team for a month and I'd like to see more wins before I declare them out of that funk.

I'm sorry that a different opinion is so hard for you to handle

Ah ..... but they've been a .667 team for a week.

Two can play at that game

And factcheck ... are 8 - 6 - 0 over tbe past month since Nov 12

Edited by Googlie
  • Cheers 2

13 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Ah ..... but they've been a .667 team for a week.

Two can play at that game

And factcheck ... are 8 - 6 - 0 over tbe past month since Nov 12

two can play at what game?  I'm sure Tocchet would give you the same assessment as I am.

1 hour ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Jim Carrey Chance GIF

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, The Aquaman said:

Every game so far has been pretty much on SN Pacific. Like……in Alberta we don’t get that channel. 

And vice versa...

Whenever the Lames or Coilers are playing, it seems to be on SN West and so my hopes for cheering against them are blacked out by regional BS.

So, what? SN is hoping all of us out in BC wanting to watch those games are gonna drive or fly out and put actual money into enemy coffers? I don't think so

3 hours ago, Strawbone said:

That's just it, the Canucks need to win just one little Stanley Cup, and I can die a happy man.

So do all of us who've said this over the years need to start going for more regular checkups the day after the Canucks bring home Lord Stanley? 🤔

• Haha 1