[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Tampa Bay Lightning, Rogers Arena, Dec 12, 7pm PST - The Lets Keep the Winning Ways Going ... m'Kay! Game

Rocket-68

Tweaking, Tweaking Little Star, oh what will PA do with the Door Ajar  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Well now, what aging Superstar will the Canucks trade for (brackets are my opinion, add yours in the comments on what the package will be)

• Ovenchiken, Washington ain't getting another cup the rest of this decade so might as well package up (Kuz / Garland / picks for Ovi - retention in play)
    • Crosby! Flightless birds want to give Sid-da-Kid another cup so (Kuz you are up with Myers to drive you both to the airport)
    • Tarasenko, Petey needs a bull in the china shop player and 'senko has at least 1 good year left in him to push us over the top
    • PA ain't trading anyone off the team, Phil the Thrill for a Mil is available - low risk is what JR thrives on
    • Joe Pavelski - 'nuf said
    • ummm, dear author, perhaps you should get checked for CTE ... none of the above are remotely possible. But since you asked see my comments below for a likely trade for an unlikely player to be moved.

2 minutes ago, sxqhfeh said:

We have 7 points out of 18 possible from decent opponents Tampa, Florida, NYR, Dallas, Loafs, Avalanche, Golden Helmets, Devils, and Hurricane

Main reason that Edmonton is not top 10 are the three losses that we handed them. Totally detailed their season. 

To me, they're one of the top 5 teams in the league talent-wise and I expect them to finish top 10 in the end. 

Pacific could end up having 4 out of the top 10 teams in the league. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

10 hours ago, IBatch said:

Maybe we can have a GDT where nobody tries to coach.   Good luck with that lol.  Brock had several trips to the doghouse.   Even EP was sent to the third line for a spell ( several games - off and on with Hogs and Podz) to shake him out of a funk.   It happens.   

As for the game, TB has lost some of its glow, and are dealing with some drama over their Captain.    Vasilevsky was the best goalie in the world for half a decade or so overall..:back surgery has come a long way, but can attest, it's not an easy thing and full recovery is rare.   We can beat them.    And they are still a dangerous opponent.    Resting for the playoffs..or just on the decline.. I'm not sure. 

As long as they are well enough to knock the leafs out in the first round. lol

• Haha 1

We are a Cup favourite. Only fishers (not season here now) post otherwise. 
Look at our core! It’s the best in the league. That great core is why the fishing season is closed here. It’s open in Cslgary, Ottawa, Buffalo, and Montreal though. My goodness those clubs are horrid. And they have no futures. Especially the Habs and the Sabres. 

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, The Aquaman said:

Every game so far has been pretty much on SN Pacific. Like……in Alberta we don’t get that channel. 

That sucks.  And yet, out here (in BC), we often get stuck with Alberta TV jocks (who suck).

I know nothing (Sgt Schulz - Hogan's Heroes), but I bet Winnipeg fans get dicked over too.

Would it be so difficult?  They have already 'filmed' the games.  Put them out there; at least across the country.

Probably should extend to the States as the League does, TV deals, etc.  The more people watching the better.

Anywhere you are in Canada or the USA, you should be able to watch your favorite NHL team.

C'mon Commish, its not Rocket Appliances. (Ricky, Trailer Park Boys)  More Money. Gary, More Money!

10 minutes ago, AatuD2 said:

Main reason that Edmonton is not top 10 are the three losses that we handed them. Totally detailed their season. 

To me, they're one of the top 5 teams in the league talent-wise and I expect them to finish top 10 in the end. 

Pacific could end up having 4 out of the top 10 teams in the league. 

Top 5 teams don’t get derailed by three losses. 

1 minute ago, Goal_thecup said:

That sucks.  And yet, out here (in BC), we often get stuck with Alberta TV jocks (who suck).

I know nothing (Sgt Schulz - Hogan's Heroes), but I bet Winnipeg fans get dicked over too.

Would it be so difficult?  They have already 'filmed' the games.  Put them out there; at least across the country.

Probably should extend to the States as the League does, TV deals, etc.  The more people watching the better.

Anywhere you are in Canada or the USA, you should be able to watch your favorite NHL team.

C'mon Commish, it’s not Rocket Appliances.. (Ricky, Trailer Park Boys)  More Money. Gary, More Money!

Yeah great point, there should be a better system. 

Haha I watch Trailer Park Boys, start to finish every December lol. 

Especially, the Christmas one. 😂

• Cheers 1

@Rocket-68 thank you for the work you put into GDTs.  

As far as potential trades, I don't think we will see much the rest of the year.  

We need to chill now and let the chips fall where they may. Once Soucy comes back, Juulsen goes to 7th dman, and hopefully Brisebois and Wolanin are healthy as number 8 and 9 d-men. 

That's how we roll into the playoffs. 

On forward, we have tons of winger depth down in Abby. 

We are also 6 centremen deep. 

1. JT Miller 

2. Petey 

3. Suter 

4. Blueger 

5. Lafferty 

6. Aman 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Canucks need to take this game very seriously.

Lightning are far from being washed up has beens... they are still two time Cup Champs, with multiple Superstars on the roster.

A great game by any  of Vasilevsky/Stamkos/Kucherov/Hedman could see the Canucks come up short.

Needs to be a very tight checking, hard hitting affair with lots of screens on the Lightning goalie to have a chance of putting one behind him.

Edit:  If Johansson is starting, that is a bonus, although he is a decent backup.

Edited by -Buzzsaw-
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, AatuD2 said:

Top 5 talent wise, but they'll finish top 10 points wise.  

It happened this year, what can I say! 

Two of their players are top five talent. Two forwards. 

They need major surgery to address their defense and goaltending. And really the 3rd and 4th lines are middling at best. 

Of course, this is my opinion. 

Edited by PhillipBlunt

5 hours ago, Silent Man said:

For me the biggest disappointment was 2003 series against Minnesota.

I mean, Canucks built 3-1 lead playing good defensively sounds hockey, winning games 3-2, basically playing Minnesota style. I remember talks in the office between game 4 and 5 that the road to the SCF is wide open .

And then - boom, blow outs in the next 2 games and a big fuck up in the game 7 after leading 2-0

Painful memories

Was that the year we bounced St. Louis in the first round and faced Minnesota in the second round? Isn’t that the same series that produced the legendary Bertuzzi mean-mugging Mitchell picture? The trap hockey with Minnesota was brutal. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, AatuD2 said:

@Rocket-68 thank you for the work you put into GDTs.  

As far as potential trades, I don't think we will see much the rest of the year.  

We need to chill now and let the chips fall where they may. Once Soucy comes back, Juulsen goes to 7th dman, and hopefully Brisebois and Wolanin are healthy as number 8 and 9 d-men. 

That's how we roll into the playoffs. 

On forward, we have tons of winger depth down in Abby. 

We are also 6 centremen deep. 

1. JT Miller 

2. Petey 

3. Suter 

4. Blueger 

5. Lafferty 

6. Aman 

Is that ordered by weight?

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We are a Cup favourite. Only fishers (not season here now) post otherwise. 
Look at our core! It’s the best in the league. That great core is why the fishing season is closed here. It’s open in Cslgary, Ottawa, Buffalo, and Montreal though. My goodness those clubs are horrid. And they have no futures. Especially the Habs and the Sabres. 

I think they are still quite a ways away from being an SC threat and I said that after they got only 5 of a possible 16 points against Tampa, Florida, NYR, Dallas, Avalanche and Vegas, not so great. Think they need more size and more skill in the bottom 6. Also, a 100% healthy Petey is vital for this team and Petey has been far from durable so far in his young career.

1 minute ago, sxqhfeh said:

I think they are still quite a ways away from being an SC threat and I said that after they got only 5 of a possible 16 points against Tampa, Florida, NYR, Dallas, Avalanche and Vegas, not so great. Think they need more size and more skill in the bottom 6. Also, a 100% healthy Petey is vital for this team and Petey has been far from durable so far in his young career.

Your opinion is wrong. The empties have spoken. 
Bow to the greatness of the empties.🤣