Hunter Brzustewicz | D

2 hours ago, Bob Long said:

The reality is we don't know what we gave up. 

Exactly, so why piggy back off Alfs petty comment about not being an NHL player, mentioning he's too small?  Not to mention he's not even that small

• Cheers 1

Didn't want to be here anyways....

At the 30 second mark he says...

"I've always said i think for the past couple weeks that it would be really cool to be part of a trade and obviously it came true."

BYE FELICIA!!!

1 hour ago, Coryberg said:

"I've always said i think for the past couple weeks that it would be really cool to be part of a trade and obviously it came true."

BYE FELICIA!!!

So would he have let this trade fantasy of his be know if we hadn't traded him??  Me thinks this is more something he's come up with after the fact to endear himself to his new team's fans.

Edited by CaptainCanuck12

1 hour ago, Coryberg said:

BYE FELICIA!!!

I don't see any reason to be negative about Brz. He seems like a nice young guy. It's not like he was actually playing for the Canucks and I have no problem with him looking at the positives about being traded. I think the trade probably is good for him, as I think he has a better chance of making the Flames in the near future than making the Canucks. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

5 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Time to delete this?

We don’t need people bumping this every time he gets a point.

Whaaaat??!   Are you suggesting we turn our backs on the people who want to keep us informed on every 'apple' he gets?!  200.gif.f3944eede7613711fc09941b7eddd368.gif

Edited by CaptainCanuck12
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, JamesB said:

I don't see any reason to be negative about Brz. He seems like a nice young guy. It's not like he was actually playing for the Canucks and I have no problem with him looking at the positives about being traded. I think the trade probably is good for him, as I think he has a better chance of making the Flames in the near future than making the Canucks. 

How is quoting him negative? If you find that negative your problem would be with him.

19 hours ago, Alflives said:

Bustowitz is not of nhl quality. Too slow and refuses to play defensively. 

On 10/19/2023 at 3:46 AM, Alflives said:

New management can draft! This kid is a frighin’ steal! 

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Bustowitz will not be an NHLer. Small, slow, no defensive awareness. Flames got craperolla. 

It certainly sounds like he didn't want to be here. So we moved an underperforming winger with term left, a d guy who likely wouldn't sign, and a late 1st as the significant pieces for Lindy.

From our pov it's a no brainer.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2

On 2/1/2024 at 5:18 PM, The Lock said:

One more tidbit of information, or at least something I found a little interesting. I looked up Pittsburgh and Carolina and their picks while Rutherford was in charge of each team. He did well in Carolina in the 1st round; however, he doesn't seem to score a lot outside of the 1st round.

This isn't to say HB couldn't be the exception, but it is an interesting tidbit when we consider things like picks and prospects in the later rounds.

Maybe it's a good thing he's the president? Maybe trust the scouts and PA?

I have a feeling Kudryavtsev made them feel comfortable moving Brewstayvich.

Not only cause we keep a player with a hard name to spell but he’s been having a very underrated season. Might not have the eye popping stats but he’s responsible at both ends and is great at breaking out of his zone.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Maybe it's a good thing he's the president? Maybe trust the scouts and PA?

Yeah. It'll be interesting to see if there's a difference between our drafting and Pittsburgh's/Carolina's drafting when JR was there. If different, it could show that JR left that in more capable hands.

That being said... we won't know the answer to this for a few years.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, D.B Cooper said:

Why is this still a thing?

The little shit didn’t want to be a Canuck and wasn’t going to sign with us.  
Now he is a flame.  
The kid can pound sand. 

where did he say he wasnt going to sign with us?

12 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

where did he say he wasnt going to sign with us?

It’s been discussed a lot here.  

Im sure it’s in here. I’m not going to look it up for you right now, but if you are interested, google it up. 
His comments should be hard to find. 

https://www.canucksdaily.com/nhl-team/vancouver-canucks/major-top-prospect-hunter-brzustewicz-reveals-why-he-did-not-want-to-sign-in-vancouver

• Cheers 1