[Waivers] December 11th, 2023 (the maybe Jakub Vrana edition)

29 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Kane, add Vrana, up their pp and scoring 

Who knows?

3 hours ago, Coryberg said:

Vrana is a year removed from leaving the team for personal reasons and entering the player assistance program. Upon returning Stevie Y didn't want him anywhere near the team and ended up retaining 50% after nobody would take him for free on waivers.

I'm not going to shame anybody for getting help but it must have been pretty bad for Yzerman to take that stand early in a season.

You even upvoted it

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

How about Kuz and Myers for Vrana and Parayko?

How about no. 

Let’s relax and stay frosty, the boys and this mgt team know what’s up. I’m hoping no deals until closer to deadline. We are ahead of schedule and this team has already shown they can go on a stretch like 10-2-1 and then go on a win 1 lose 1 stretch which also shows they have matured on how to be even keel and not having big losing streaks. 

stay the course- in Allvin we trust all other pay cash

Go Canucks 

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

So your saying your not a fan. Okay cool, keep throwing him under the bus. I don't really have an opinion other than it reminded me of Kassian a bit

But watevs

Well, at first I was trying to say Steve Yzerman was not a fan, which makes obvious sense.  He'd be insane to try and pay to get him back after trying so hard to get rid of him.  Remember - Detroit is paying $2.5M for him to play against them.  What has Vrana shown in St. Louis that Detroit would want him back so badly?

1 minute ago, NucksIn50 said:

How about no. 

Let’s relax and stay frosty, the boys and this mgt team know what’s up. I’m hoping no deals until closer to deadline. We are ahead of schedule and this team has already shown they can go on a stretch like 10-2-1 and then go on a win 1 lose 1 stretch which also shows they have matured on how to be even keel and not having big losing streaks. 

stay the course- in Allvin we trust all other pay cash

Go Canucks 

Parayko is a huge upgrade on the blueline and Kuz isn't going to improve unless management recognizes their mistake and fires Tocchet.  The other two are in there for cap/position considerations.

13 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

How about Kuz and Myers for Vrana and Parayko?

I'd be surprised if Parayko were available tbh, and if he were he'd get a better return than that 

And he almost certainly wouldn't be packaged with Vrana, they'd deal with Vrana separately as opposed to including him and hurting their trade return 

Edited by Coconuts

23 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Parayko is a huge upgrade on the blueline and Kuz isn't going to improve unless management recognizes their mistake and fires Tocchet.  The other two are in there for cap/position considerations.

No offence Hef

But you confuse me with this one. Vrana has had prior issues with substance abuse. This is ok to you because he has cleaned up his act and is allowed to play in the nhl again.

But Toc and his gambling is a no go for you? He has also taken his lumps, plead guilty and moved on/learned from his past…but yet he is still scum to you?

Sorry maybe your angst is deeper than I think, maybe you had a bad run in with Toc ir something?

I just don’t understand, because this seems to me to be a double standard.

Not trying to ruffle your feathers, just trying to figure out what is the difference…other than drugs vs gambling

28 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

No offence Hef

But you confuse me with this one. Vrana has had prior issues with substance abuse. This is ok to you because he has cleaned up his act and is allowed to play in the nhl again.

But Toc and his gambling is a no go for you? He has also taken his lumps, plead guilty and moved on/learned from his past…but yet he is still scum to you?

Sorry maybe your angst is deeper than I think, maybe you had a bad run in with Toc ir something?

I just don’t understand, because this seems to me to be a double standard.

Not trying to ruffle your feathers, just trying to figure out what is the difference…other than drugs vs gambling

Vrana got help and was only harming himself.  Tocchet was running a ring with alleged mafia ties.  That's far beyond a personal issue and into the territory of being a career criminal.  A player who had been caught dealing would be a closer comparable.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Vrana got help and was only harming himself.  Tocchet was running a ring with alleged mafia ties.  That's fast beyond a personal issue and into the territory of being a career criminal.  A player who had been caught dealing would be a closer comparable.

Ok fair enough, I see your point. Thx

35 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Vrana got help and was only harming himself.  Tocchet was running a ring with alleged mafia ties.  That's far beyond a personal issue and into the territory of being a career criminal.  A player who had been caught dealing would be a closer comparable.

People make mistakes though. Tocchet has paid his dues and has the right to ply his trade. Gambling is a delicate issue with the NHL, with recent a recent player paying dearly for his mistake. The player will pay his dues and will most likely be able to play against once his suspension is completed. Same as Tocchet. Time to move on.