Josh Bloom | LW/RW

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

8 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Been down this road before with Cassels so I’m gonna temper my expectations.

Lets see if he can make an impact at the pro level next season.

Oh man I was soooo excited for Cassels - I thought he was going to be a grittier version of his dad.

Until I heard his dad trying to hype him by saying he could probably eventually become a 4th liner.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, nzan said:

Oh man I was soooo excited for Cassels - I thought he was going to be a grittier version of his dad.

Until I heard his dad trying to hype him by saying he could probably eventually become a 4th liner.

Yeah, he's an overager in Jrs.  Will turn 21yrs this summer.  Bounced around in the AHL

and ECHL for a bit and then returned to Saginaw for 34g and playoffs.

On 1/6/2024 at 9:14 AM, Rip The Mesh said:

To learn from Henrik and Daniel Sedin this week was a surreal experience. Their easy-going, no-ego manner to make prospects comfortable — while providing a master class in skill development — left quite the impression.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://thehockeynews.com/nhl/vancouver-canucks/analysis/it-felt-great-that-vancouver-wanted-me-the-way-they-did-canucks-prospect-josh-bloom-breaks-down-his-trade-to-vancouver-and-goal-of-lifting-the-memorial-cup

“Hank came up to me and had a conversation like I was just another guy,” said Bloom. “It was a weird experience. I grew up watching these guys and they’re idols to a ton of people. Pretty cool.

“And Daniel was fantastic to work with on board drills and tips that will go a long way, and you couldn’t have a better guy to learn from, right?

I truly love the new legacies that Hank and Daniel continually cement. They are the professional of professionals. They are amazing as people as well. It sounds like Bloom really loves that the Sedins are helping them out.

• Like 2

Watched this kid in the Calder cup final. He ticked a lot of boxes. Good size, lots of speed. Drives play down left side. Made great passes setting up chances. Scored the winner in tight on a second chance rebound. Given that he is an over ager, I hope that he can bring this to Abbotsford this fall and hopefully to the big club when ready.

• Like 1

Grew up a Leafs fan, trade him!

I kid. Seems like a good kid, great to hear he'll be working on his skating and skills all summer. Looking forward to seeing how he fares in the A next season. Hopefully his Memorial Cup experience only helps drive him more.

I'm still hoping Bloom is a future Jannik Hansen type. Similar junior numbers so hopefully he can take the next step next season and make an impact with Abbotsford. Not looking for him to be a scoring machine, but making the team full time and being a secondary scorer (maybe 0.3-0.5PPG) and regular PK guy would be awesome.

On 6/8/2024 at 11:55 PM, Diamonds said:

I'm still hoping Bloom is a future Jannik Hansen type. Similar junior numbers so hopefully he can take the next step next season and make an impact with Abbotsford. Not looking for him to be a scoring machine, but making the team full time and being a secondary scorer (maybe 0.3-0.5PPG) and regular PK guy would be awesome.

I think there is a path for him to playing 200+ NHL games and carving out a bottom 6 pking role

Hes super likeable and has the legs / motor.

His media tour on local radio / pods after the big win was fun too.

Hope he develops in abby and a Hansen like career would be unreal.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1