[proposal] - Andrei Kuzmenko + ??? for Adam Larsson

6 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

Casey DeSmith.  They are dying in net.

Good point but I think the Canucks would need to be careful if they ever moved DeSmith.  

Demko is a great goalie but history has shown that he tends to get injured when overworked........and we all saw what happened with Spencer Martin last season 

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

What is the '???' that the Canucks would need to add?

Actually it’s the Krackheads who who be adding. 
Larsen +++ for Kuz Missile. 
Alvin is a smart GM. He would turn Kuz into Larsen, but not directly. He’d trade Kuz for the assets needed to get Larsen. And he’d have some of those assets left over while getting Francis (The Talking Mule) to add to Larsen.

• ThereItIs 1

I really liked Larsson when there was an opportunity to maybe sign him back in... 2020?

By this point, he's going to start to regress soon. In fact, it already might be happening this current year, as he's on pace for 19 points - which would by far be his lowest since joining Seattle. It is entirely possible it will be an anchor contract in a year or two.

To me, this only makes sense if Kuz continues to show questionably and we believe we will be just as well off moving a player like Podz or Hogs higher in the lineup to replace him. (The latter of which has been happening anyway). In that case, then improving our D while maintaining a similarly effective forward lineup would be a win.

7 minutes ago, Reznor said:

I really liked Larsson when there was an opportunity to maybe sign him back in... 2020?

By this point, he's going to start to regress soon. In fact, it already might be happening this current year, as he's on pace for 19 points - which would by far be his lowest since joining Seattle. It is entirely possible it will be an anchor contract in a year or two.

To me, this only makes sense if Kuz continues to show questionably and we believe we will be just as well off moving a player like Podz or Hogs higher in the lineup to replace him. (The latter of which has been happening anyway). In that case, then improving our D while maintaining a similarly effective forward lineup would be a win.

Larsson's contract is up in a year.  So if he regresses, he couldn't be an anchor.

12 hours ago, HKSR said:

Larsson's contract is up in a year.  So if he regresses, he couldn't be an anchor.

I assumed we would want to re-sign him afterwards, but anchor for us, or whatever team signs him. Point being that either way, he's going to end up costing a team to have him soon, and Kuz has many more years before he's at that point. The value of the assets isn't likely in our favor.

4 hours ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

Kuzmenko is good again, this thread has been null and voided!   😛

Probably still worth considering, depending if Tocchet gives him more opportunity.
If he doesn't, we might as well ship him out for someone who could be a physical presence and defensive stopper next to Hughes.

• Cheers 1