[Breaking] Capitals and Wizards potentially on the move to Virginia

Pears

Good discussion in this thread.

The commanders play in Maryland, so won't be any difference to name. 

The majority of caps fans seem to live my way, i'm in North VA. The biggest "pain" is that it is really easy to get the train into DC. The blue line goes to potomac but it currently has way less trains/routes. 

By the time its finished i'll doubt i'll still be in this area, DC/Nova is nice but with kids in college will move - maybe closer to ny so i could see 3, maybe 4 canucks games a year (nyr, nyi, njd, buff).

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, PistolPete13 said:

Leonsis is likely chasing taxpayer dollars.

heh, a billionaire looking for handouts.

"Arena out in the middle of nowhere" (I believe).  I'm sure that'll turn out well (Leonis won't be left 'holding the bag' since I suspect it'll be the taxpayers that paid for much/most of the arena(s).

• Cheers 1

On 12/12/2023 at 5:14 PM, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

"Vacillators"

"Vachons" 

"Vacuum" - sucking everything in sight

On 12/12/2023 at 5:08 PM, Googlie said:

Vagrants

Valkyries

Vagabonds

??

On 12/12/2023 at 4:28 PM, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

"Valedictorians"  

"Vancouverites"

"Varnish-sniffers"

something like that.  :classic_ninja:

Let’s stop poking around the bush.

You’ve been knocking at the front door.  
Someone has to just open their lips and say it. 

The Virginia Vaginas. 

Sorry 

Edited by D.B Cooper
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Ha, Al Harlow ( pink pants ) still rockin it to this day. Walked into my Veterinary office a month back on the Sunshine Coast.

It's funny you mention him, because I have a story about Al Harlow....

About 30 years ago, I was playing in a band. We were in Castlegar. (playing some hotel that I can't remember the name of. Had something to do with Arrow, IIRC) Prism was playing a one-nighter in Nelson on the Saturday, so on Friday a few of the guys showed up at our gig.

At that point Ron Tabak was long gone, and John Hall had retired. The guys who replaced them for this particular gig were friends of mine, Darcy and Andy. (who were former members of a band called Simon Kaos)

We invited the two of them up to jam and part way through, Al Harlow approaches the stage and asks if he can play the second guitar that wasn't in use at that point. We basically said, "Get the f*** up here!".

About six months later, we're sitting in the ferry terminal waiting for our boarding time and who do we see? Al Harlow, who comes running over to say hi, like we're his best friends that he hasn't seen in a ages. (which was true, except for the "best friends" part) We hung with him, just shooting the shit, until it was time to board and we say our farewells.

What I learned from those two meetings is that Al Harlow is one of the nicest guys I've ever met in the music scene. So nice, in fact, that we started to refer to him as "Flanders".....he had that kind of energy about him. (minus the whole religious bit)

Glad to hear that he's still at it. Great guy.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 12/14/2023 at 10:22 AM, RupertKBD said:

It's funny you mention him, because I have a story about Al Harlow....

About 30 years ago, I was playing in a band. We were in Castlegar. (playing some hotel that I can't remember the name of. Had something to do with Arrow, IIRC) Prism was playing a one-nighter in Nelson on the Saturday, so on Friday a few of the guys showed up at our gig.

At that point Ron Tabak was long gone, and John Hall had retired. The guys who replaced them for this particular gig were friends of mine, Darcy and Andy. (who were former members of a band called Simon Kaos)

We invited the two of them up to jam and part way through, Al Harlow approaches the stage and asks if he can play the second guitar that wasn't in use at that point. We basically said, "Get the f*** up here!".

About six months later, we're sitting in the ferry terminal waiting for our boarding time and who do we see? Al Harlow, who comes running over to say hi, like we're his best friends that he hasn't seen in a ages. (which was true, except for the "best friends" part) We hung with him, just shooting the shit, until it was time to board and we say our farewells.

What I learned from those two meetings is that Al Harlow is one of the nicest guys I've ever met in the music scene. So nice, in fact, that we started to refer to him as "Flanders".....he had that kind of energy about him. (minus the whole religious bit)

Glad to hear that he's still at it. Great guy.

High Arrow.    

• 1 month later...